What information sources do you use to research real estate?

After reading this I think I should be using RP Data, how much per month? It would be very useful/powerful.:)

Most of my research is just networking with agents, I can spend half a day on the phone trying to source leads etc.

Apart from this just very basic tools, realestate.com, google various sites, once I identify a property I can access lots of info by making a couple of phone calls. Have a g/friend who is a gun when it comes to design/r codes, we help each other, we are both developing property, I can flick her something and she can pretty much tell me what I can and can not do, very helpful.

Cheers
MTR

Realestateinvestar, Residex, APM, sqm, .id amongst others.

There's a whole host of sources of information available and it's great to make use of them.

Knowledge is power after all. :)

After reading this I think I should be using RP Data, how much per month? It would be very useful/powerful.:)

Yes , information is power. That's why when you talk to some re agents and given them some info about yourself (e.g. name, suburb)... They know (almost) everything about you!

Thanks Chase. Looks interesting. Do you pay for the subscription?

Yes its subscription based. Monthly or anually. Also includes use of the nz bersion to if you happen to be in that market as well.

Australian propery monitors are used for the valuation system. But all and all very useful site. Especially the search function where you can search by strategy or any criteria really.

Cheers

Yes , information is power. That's why when you talk to some re agents and given them some info about yourself (e.g. name, suburb)... They know (almost) everything about you!

But if you are not purchasing in your own name, family trusts??? how would they be able to access this info??

Most of my research is just networking with agents, I can spend half a day on the phone trying to source leads etc.

Apart from this just very basic tools, realestate.com, google various sites, once I identify a property I can access lots of info by making a couple of phone calls. Have a g/friend who is a gun when it comes to design/r codes, we help each other, we are both developing property, I can flick her something and she can pretty much tell me what I can and can not do, very helpful.

Cheers
MTR

If you haven't already check out www.house.ksou.cn great site and best of all free. Very handy

Cheers
MTR

Any of your favourite REAs can do it for you. Tom does it for me.
I think there were threads on here for group buy subscriptions to RPData - state subscriptions and australia wide subscriptions.

Any of your favourite REAs can do it for you. Tom does it for me.
I think there were threads on here for group buy subscriptions to RPData - state subscriptions and australia wide subscriptions.

Yes, good idea.
I seem to have blissfully gone on in life without this, however I think this is very useful.

Thanks

I use LandVic for Victorian sites. I absolutely love it - basic property report which tells me zoning, overlays, exemptions etc. Has planning maps, owner identifiers and property identifiers. Mostly free (you have to pay a few dollars to get titles sent to you). Really handy for me because I usually spot a property I want and approach the owner to sell it to me (ie. it isn't listed or even for sale!)

Also allows me to work out development potential without giving all my plans away to council/RE agents etc.

I went to a knowledge source event and they were talking about 'feasibility software' but didn't go into much more detail than that. I'm wondering if anyone can expand on what this is, and whether it simplifies property selection?

I've also attended a realestateinvestar webinar, and wondering whether those with experience would recommend it. I'm always looking for ways to reduce time spent searching.

I went to a knowledge source event and they were talking about 'feasibility software' but didn't go into much more detail than that. I'm wondering if anyone can expand on what this is, and whether it simplifies property selection?.

It sounds like it's for people who don't know how to use excel.

Models are a case of garbage in / garbage out. What really matters are the assumptions you plug in and the basis for those assumptions.

Back