Do you like the new realestate.com.au website look?

Do you like the new realestate.com.au website look?

• Absolutely amazing, long overdue!

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Yes

Votes: 15 12.8%
  • Neither here nor there...

Votes: 15 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 68 58.1%
  • Looks like something I spewed up!

Votes: 14 12.0%
  • I hate polls.

Votes: 3 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Can someone please tell me how to search from 'Low to high'
I select the option and nothing happens..
I tried 'compare' but something weird just happened instead.

I'm trying to get used to this new look but It's been a few days now and I really don't like it at all.

Like others have pointed out, I, too, used to spend alot of time on the old site because it was so easy and fast to use. Was a real pleasure but not anymore.
That was the sole reason I only used REA.com in place of Domain, but now Domain is slightly better to use.

It's acknowledged they've removed the map region search function.
The best you can do is click a state, then hold ctrl while you click a few of the burbs you are interested in, and tick "include surrounding suburbs"

a better solution than this is to put in a range of postcodes for the area you are looking for.

This is an xls that will generate a realestate.com.au compliant string of postcodes you can paste into the search box. saves lots of time typing them in.

I found something I DO Like

Now you can tick a box to exclude under offer properties.
Noice!
Now to exclude them annoying caravan home thingy's somehow. Relocatatable homes, always show up in searches.

Also, with the bedroom selection. When you have hit search, you can alter the number of bedroom selection on the left to being just 2 etc.

Now to exclude them annoying caravan home thingy's somehow. Relocatatable homes, always show up in searches.

I get a heap of land too for some suburbs, how do you exclude land? Never used to get that on the old site. Too many POA too, is this something new to this site or something real estate agents are doing more often? Is annoying as hell, have never seen so many until just recently. POA to me is Pi$$ Off, too Annoying.

Like many of you, i used to look at this site every day or multiple times a day - I no longer use the site - slow, unwieldy and even less user friendly than the old version.

MAP search is borked (though apparently someone noted they are now aware of this)

I like to be able to search using some keywords as well - for example when i use the trademe.co.nz site, i search for say "Beachfront" as a keyword and all properties in a given area (or the whole of NZ) are then shown.

In fact I would recommend realestate.com.au just copy the trademe site, its a far better and easier to use system :)

Thanks to everyone on this forum for providing detailed feedback about your use of the new realestate.com.au site. Since launch, we’ve been collecting plenty of comments from users and we appreciate the discussion that’s been happening here on Somersoft.

We’ve passed along your comments in full to the site producers and they’ll incorporate this feedback when considering future upgrades to the site.

Thanks again – realestate.com.au

With this new website, the "Price (Low to High)" sorting function does not work for me, however, all the other sorting options are OK. Anyone have any thoughts on why this might be? :confused: From the comments on this thread, it looks like I'm not the only one with this problem!

That's one of my biggest gripes too . Ridiculous , low to high use to be the press of a button , now I have to go and study help trying to figure it out and it still won't work.
Too MUCH white and TOO many ads , it hurts my eyes . And it's slower , nearly as slow as Domain since they last tried to be clever and chucked in Google maps.10min's p/page sometimes .
Call me old fashion but I just wish the world could leave things alone for 20 or 30 yrs and the nets the worst of it all .
If it ain't broke don't fix it.
Cheers

re.com.au

I like the new format, one of the things I like is the ability to see the exact number of properties in a particular area, it used to be limited to 200. Some of the things I would change are

1. Having the ability to manually enter the lo price and high price, I always used to for example if I was looking for a place under 500k if you typed in 499,999 the difference in the number of properties between that and 500k was dramatical.

2. Is there are way you can increase the number of properties on a screen to being more than 20

3. Following on from point 2, when you select the map option it only shows the 20 on the screen. If the total search came to 80 can it be possible to see all 80 properties on the map, this would enable a fluency of camparison.

4. Can those companies that want to advertise a block of land and advertise it as you can put a 3 bedroom place on it, be made to go in the land area or a house and land package area and not the 3 bed house area. This seems to be increasing and just about every area now has numerous companies wanting to advertise surrounding areas as houses but really are selling packages

5.ability to deselect suburbs when you click include surrounding suburbs.

I understand it is like most search engines where if companies don't manage there details to your standards it becomes like a bucket of crap but there are some REA that leave products as still available for sale well after it has been sold. I had a property that I purchased recently that was still on the site months after the contracts were signed and I actually had a tennant in the property.

Jezza

Having used it for a while now, it's growing on me....I love the map interface, SOOO much better. Now I definitely think it's an improvement over the last version, it's a BIG improvement in terms of functionality and I looking back to the way it used to be makes me realise how bland it was. But we liked bland...and in time, the new will be good.

It's terrible - very user un-friendly. I have emailed them about it before this poll was created and have recieved no response. I used to prefer this over Domain, but Domain is more effective than the new realestate.com.au so will be moving over there now.

It's terrible - very user un-friendly. I have emailed them about it before this poll was created and have recieved no response. I used to prefer this over Domain, but Domain is more effective than the new realestate.com.au so will be moving over there now.

Sorry to be argumentative, but how is it "user un-friendly"??? What bit of functionality is it missing from the way it used to be, AND, what bit of new function detracts from the old website? I find it interesting when approaching analysis from the viewpoint of these two questions....

My 2 cents...

Sorry to be argumentative, but how is it "user un-friendly"??? What bit of functionality is it missing from the way it used to be, AND, what bit of new function detracts from the old website? I find it interesting when approaching analysis from the viewpoint of these two questions....

My 2 cents...

One example is that one was previously able to search for only 1 bedrooms or only 2 bedrooms. Now you can only earch for 1+ bedrooms.

"I find it interesting when approaching analysis from the viewpoint of these two questions...." - please explain further

One example is that one was previously able to search for only 1 bedrooms or only 2 bedrooms. Now you can only earch for 1+ bedrooms.

"I find it interesting when approaching analysis from the viewpoint of these two questions...." - please explain further

Yeah, the new site has negative aspects, BUT, it also has some awesome new positive ones, such as the new mapping. So in balance (positives vs negatives), I think the site is better...

NOTE: What I meant by that sentence is that when you analyse whether the site has moved in a positive or negative direction, you must evaluate both the extra good new buts, vs. the lost functionality...

Well , I just had to drive all the way over to S/S and this thread today to lodge a complaint.
I'm on l/line and usually visit re.com 3 or 4 times a wk for my areas but since the site reno ' I've only been able to get the damn site through 2 or 3 times and today like most of the other attempts , it's been 15 mins and it's still not loaded.
Tell you what , it's a damn shame b/c in our area on landline most Australian sites aren't even worth visiting b/c they're just too slow, usually in an attempt to be flasher and smarter than the the rest of the world as usual but it's 1/4 the time for me to visit anywhere else in the world than an Aussie site.
And now unfortunately re.com's joined the rest of them.

Gotta speed this thing up guys it's unusable for me right now.

Cheers

It would be good if i could actually deleted some of the properties in my saved list. The delete button doesnt do anything.

You might also want to consider moving on the people in your organisation who made the rather stupid decision to change things so dramatically.:mad:

The mind really boogles as to how these decisions are made?

Has anyone in your organisation considered the amount of reputational./branding damage this does?

From my perspective....I would rather use Domain now.....

Thanks to everyone on this forum for providing detailed feedback about your use of the new realestate.com.au site. Since launch, we’ve been collecting plenty of comments from users and we appreciate the discussion that’s been happening here on Somersoft.

We’ve passed along your comments in full to the site producers and they’ll incorporate this feedback when considering future upgrades to the site.

Thanks again – realestate.com.au

Yeah, the new site has negative aspects, BUT, it also has some awesome new positive ones, such as the new mapping. So in balance (positives vs negatives), I think the site is better...

NOTE: What I meant by that sentence is that when you analyse whether the site has moved in a positive or negative direction, you must evaluate both the extra good new buts, vs. the lost functionality...

I actually prefered the older mapping they had. Site was a lot quicker and IMO the mapping function was easier/quicker to use

Back