Do you like the new realestate.com.au website look?

Do you like the new realestate.com.au website look?

• Absolutely amazing, long overdue!

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Yes

Votes: 15 12.8%
  • Neither here nor there...

Votes: 15 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 68 58.1%
  • Looks like something I spewed up!

Votes: 14 12.0%
  • I hate polls.

Votes: 3 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
From my perspective....I would rather use Domain now.....

Well I haven't re-instated my alerts since the change, which were cancelled of course. Thanks for that :rolleyes:. Have been there only a handful of times and only when the change occurred. Not interested in going back. I now use realestateview or domain.

haven't changed my mind since I first posted the thread after the change

hate it but everyone uses it so will just have to get used to it but will never change my mind absolute rubbish.

Well I haven't re-instated my alerts since the change, which were cancelled of course. Thanks for that :rolleyes:. Have been there only a handful of times and only when the change occurred. Not interested in going back. I now use realestateview or domain.

My alerts were fine...funny how different everyone's experiences are...unfortunately overall, very negative. I like to use the google real estate option...it's quite good...:)

Sorry all but I'm being lazy and so not sure if this has been mentioned or not, I stopped reading all the posts at about page 3.

I have mixed feelings about the site, with some good and some not so good features!!

Although I haven't figured out how to delete entries myself from my saved properties, when they (the properties) are either sold or rented or simply no longer available, they are removed from my saved list by realestate.com web staff I guess, but.....if the properties are relisted, ie. sale or lease fell through, they magically reappear in my saved list!!! :eek:

For instance...I had saved a property that I was watching, it appeared as "under contract" weeks later, then when sold consequently disappeared. But then, weeks later, I look at my saved properties and low and behold, there it is again, :confused: listed for sale once more!!

Can someone "please explain".... (if nothing else, how to delete them MYSELF from my list, or do I have to keep watching them forever???) :eek:

I'm having the same problem Monopoly. I have written to technical support, ... waiting for a reply. I will let you know when and if they get back to me.

Using the site quite a bit this morning, and I found something that really bugs me.

The fade in of the images when you click to the next image. It seems a small thing I know, but it actually slows you down quite a bit when you're looking at 1000+ images a day, all those 2-second fade-ins add up and get real annoying when you're trying to click through them quickly. And it's not just because the images haven't loaded either. Even if you click back and forth between two images that have loaded, you still have to suffer through the long 2-second delay every single time.

Low-high sort doesn't work for me either. I'm using Chrome.

Alerts NOT happening!!!

Created a couple of new alerts, and deleted the old ones and now I get none. Anyone got any tips on getting this fixed. It's driving me crazy having to go through all the same new listings each time. They are 'new' for longer than I need.

Have started using Domain again - always did love their keyword search - but wondering if their listings are as comprehensive a re.com.au? Anyone know about that one. Am also going to try out realestatereview which seems good, though again, a concern with whether the listings are as comprehensive.

Although I haven't figured out how to delete entries myself from my saved properties, when they (the properties) are either sold or rented or simply no longer available, they are removed from my saved list by realestate.com web staff I guess, but.....if the properties are relisted, ie. sale or lease fell through, they magically reappear in my saved list!!! :eek:

For instance...I had saved a property that I was watching, it appeared as "under contract" weeks later, then when sold consequently disappeared. But then, weeks later, I look at my saved properties and low and behold, there it is again, :confused: listed for sale once more!!

Can someone "please explain".... (if nothing else, how to delete them MYSELF from my list, or do I have to keep watching them forever???) :eek:

Monopoly, ..... I've finally received a reply to my email asking how to delete saved listings (see below). I can't believe that the delete function was not tested before they released the new version ..... On the bright side, I am a "valued customer" so that's okay .... :D

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for contacting realestate.com.au.

I am contacting you in regards to your query pertaining to the fact that you cannot delete your ‘saved properties’ in your email alert account.

I wish to advise that this matter is under investigation by our technical team.

I would like to thank you for your custom in the meantime and appreciate your patience whilst we work to resolve this matter.

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to call or email me

Monopoly, ..... I've finally received a reply to my email asking how to delete saved listings (see below). I can't believe that the delete function was not tested before they released the new version ..... On the bright side, I am a "valued customer" so that's okay .... :D

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for contacting realestate.com.au.

I am contacting you in regards to your query pertaining to the fact that you cannot delete your ‘saved properties’ in your email alert account.

I wish to advise that this matter is under investigation by our technical team.

I would like to thank you for your custom in the meantime and appreciate your patience whilst we work to resolve this matter.

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to call or email me

Anyhoo....

Let me know when you get a straight answer to a simple question (from them). :rolleyes:

Like others I too had trouble deleting my saved properties, but I just tried again and guess what?? it works! Hopefully realestate.com sorts all the other problems out too.

Finally!!!!

Like others I too had trouble deleting my saved properties, but I just tried again and guess what?? it works! Hopefully realestate.com sorts all the other problems out too.
Yeah I know, I had a look over the weekend, and to my delight discovered that you can now check the box to select then click "delete" and the entry is actually removed!!! :D

Back