Do you need some cheap items from Japan?

Would youlike me to purchase something from Japan for you?

If you are looking for Photography equipment or a telescope lens for your telescope, or even a telescope , I may be able to help you.

These items tend to be very cheap compared to Australia.

Other requests are also possible.
I will return from japan shortly.

I suggest sending parcels by EMS where there is a tracking number. This method is very secure and you can identify where your item is in transit.

Also often the models you get in Australia are not the latest models.

Send me a Private message if you have a request, with the exact model number.

Last edited:
how much for a Sigma 150-500mm lens for a Nikon? :D

So you are sending via mail and not bring them in physically yourself? they would end up at customs = fees. Also what about warranty?

how much for a Sigma 150-500mm lens for a Nikon? :D

So you are sending via mail and not bring them in physically yourself? they would end up at customs = fees. Also what about warranty?

Depending on the item there may or may not be an International warranty.
EMS refers to a secure postage system with a tracking number as mentioned earlier. I will PM you on price

I actually looked at buying in camera gear from Asia to resell over here.

The manufacturers firmly discourage this caper and they do this by making warranties difficult to access outside of the country of original purchase. This was enough to put me off the project.

My gf recently bought a flash motorola phone in Dubai for a good price from a shop that assured her the warranty was international. It failed a few months later and the Australian service reps tell her she needs to return it to Dubai for repair through the shop she bought it from. She now has a $500 paperweight.

I don't wish to be too negative but for expensive electronic goods I think warranty issues are important to clarify properly.

A very kind offer from ggumpshots :)

You may need to look into the import rules before you get one in. i understand you need to prove that it used to be a personal car before you moved back to Australia.

They will be priced around the $160k mark once they are released here next year.

There is a Grey market on these cars at the moment however, I am not certain about being able to road register these cars.

I was at Queensland raceway yesterday and all the talk was about an imported GTR doing the rounds at the previous track day with times of 57 seconds (factory tires) on the sprint circuit. The Porsche GT3 (semi slicks) does the same in around 59 seconds.

This car is simply awesome and it is on my shopping list as well.

I already have the required documentation.
With regards to the latest models what is your reason to say there is a grey market?

What are you talking about?
As far as I am aware import rules have not changed within the last 18months except on the calculation for the cutoff for luxury cars.
The ADR need to be followed , Thats it
Since I am returning soon , I cant get any cars for anyone except 1 a year for myself

personal import.. very nice...

if only i had a reason...any reason to go over there and bring one back, that would be great :(

my current track car is a personal import.. japanese gentlemen went over there.. got the paperwork 'done' and made a packet off of me...although, i was more than happy with the buy/price ... so we both win there.

well for a start you need to pay their $1000 commission.
These guys are on the ball though.
I dont do cars but i can also vouch for them
details are below for all cars added up until Friday 29th August 2008 -

(#13452) 1999 Nissan Stagea RS FOUR V
trans engine kms colour around $13,200
Tiptronic 2500cc turbo 4WD 45,000 pearl white landed and complied

(#13462) 1972 Oldsmobile 88 Royal coupe (LEFT hand drive)
trans engine kms colour around $19,500 landed
Automatic 7500cc unknown custom purple (excluding compliance)

(#13469) 1999 Nissan Silvia Spec-R
trans engine kms colour around $18,300 landed
6 speed manual 2000cc turbo 105,000 pearl white landed and complied

(#13461) 2002 Mazda RX-7 Type-R Bathurst
trans engine kms colour around $30,400 landed
5 speed manual 13B rotary twin turbo 29,000 red landed and complied

(#13460) 2001 Nissan Cima 450XV
trans engine kms colour around $27,900 landed
Tiptronic 4500cc 103,000 black landed and complied

(#13472) 1999 Nissan Cedric 300LX turbo
trans engine kms colour around $13,700 landed
Automatic 3000cc turbo 56,000 pearl white landed and complied

(#13467) 1996 Nissan Skyline GTS25t Type-M coupe
trans engine kms colour around $11,600 landed
5 speed manual 2500cc turbo 108,000 silver metallic landed and complied

(#13466) 1994 Toyota Supra SZ
trans engine kms colour around $13,800 landed
5 speed manual 3000cc 110,000 black landed and complied

(#13471) 1999 Nissan Gloria 300TX
trans engine kms colour around $16,100 landed
Automatic 3000cc 43,000 pearl white landed and complied

(#13470) 1999 Nissan Skyline GT-T sedan
trans engine kms colour around $15,200 landed
Tiptronic 2500cc turbo 88,000 pearl white landed and complied

(#13458) 1997 Mitsubishi Delica Spacegear Exceed
trans engine kms colour around $12,900 landed
Automatic 2800cc diesel turbo 4WD 118,000 silver metallic landed and complied

(#13468) 1998 Nissan Skyline GT-T coupe
trans engine kms colour around $22,200 landed
5 speed manual 2500cc turbo 88,000 white landed and complied

(#13459) 2000 Mazda RX-7 Type-RS
trans engine kms colour around $29,100 landed
5 speed manual 13B rotary twin turbo 48

Hey - yes - I also concur, a very kind offer from gggumpshots.......I pm'ed him / her, but the stuff I want is similarly priced here.

As for camera gear and warranty, I know that Canon "L" series lenses do have an international warranty, but Canon camera bodies, do not........how do I know this, I was in Malaysia a while back and camera gear is very cheap there also..but I was worried about warranty issues, so called Canon Australia and they gave me the info.

You may need to look into the import rules before you get one in. i understand you need to prove that it used to be a personal car before you moved back to Australia.

They will be priced around the $160k mark once they are released here next year.

There is a Grey market on these cars at the moment however, I am not certain about being able to road register these cars.

I was at Queensland raceway yesterday and all the talk was about an imported GTR doing the rounds at the previous track day with times of 57 seconds (factory tires) on the sprint circuit. The Porsche GT3 (semi slicks) does the same in around 59 seconds.

This car is simply awesome and it is on my shopping list as well.

Compliance is available for the R35 GTR now but only for new vehicles with less than 300kms on the clock. This will only be until Nissan Australia gets the go ahead to bring them in, which will be very soon...once this happens, you will be only be able to import cars with build dates before the date that Nissan Australia brought them in. This happened back in 1992 with the R32 also.
As far as personal imports go, you have to have owned it for 12 months before you can bring it in...

I agree with you one how good this car is...11.6 sec 1/4 mile bog stock...sex on wheels!:p

Boods

Any more requests apart from the exotic

Item requested by michaelg arrived.
He is one happy shopper.

Astronomical eyepieces, Vixen and pentax a speciality

Back