dodgy kitchen supplier

not sure where this thread belongs but here goes..

around 7 weeks ago, i had a flatpack kitchen delivered to my house..
they organised the spray painting etc..

problem however is that two of the doors were the wrong size.. i rang them and asked them to fix the problem.. it took them 2 weeks to order the new doors but 5 weeks later they still have not sent the doors off to the spray painter.. i asked them what the delay was about.. the owner of the company rudely 'informed' me that due to the fact that they were not making a commission out of the spray painting, they would not send the doors there..

i responded by telling him that he firstly should of told me that 5 weeks ago, and that secondly, why should i have to go out of my way to pick up the doors when it was their blunder to begin with! they were the ones that originally sent the doors away, so why couldn't they just do it again?

he refused to do that.. i also informed him that the frame for the appliance cabinet was meant to be plain mdf so it could be spray painted, instead they sent down a vinyl wrap.. that was another delay - i'm yet to see the frame, either is the spray painter..

do i have any rights in this process? is there a place where i could file a complaint against this company? my doors have been sitting in a warehouse for over a month and i wasn't even aware of it!

thanks for reading my rant!

oh and to add insult to injury, he informed me that i was to sort this out with the sales consultant who organised it all.. the guy quit! the owner then said, "oh then you can't blame me, it was him, not my fault"..

then he hung up..

btw, i just posted my 100th post :)

do i have any rights in this process? is there a place where i could file a complaint against this company? my doors have been sitting in a warehouse for over a month and i wasn't even aware of it!
Consumer affairs. Sometimes just a call from them can make a company get a move on.

Myself, I can't get my kitchen yet because I'm waiting for a loan. Snappy process, its been sitting there pending for a month, and my quotes are rapidly approaching their expiration dates. Stupid interest rate cut and first home owner grant increase bumping us lowly renovation loan requesters to the bottom of the list :mad:

in the building industry it is proceedure to pay a deposit on such a item and the remainder on delivery or installation so you know ya got what yer paying for.. if i were you i would be on the phone everyday and make the sales rep and/ or managers life hell till you get fixed up. good luck

look on the bright side rumpled elf, the loan won't take as long as the plumbing quote !!!

sportsfan, unfortunately, i went via the 'cheaper' option, they don't install, i had to find an installer..

thanks to both of you for your responses :)

good oportunity , the realy rude kitchen company, with disracefull service , that you do not want any of your ss mates to get hurt by is???????????

flatpack kitchens in bayswater!

great price but appalling service :mad:

if the original sales guy didn't leave, i wouldn't of been in this dilemma..
any wonder he walked out, i would too if the owner was just about profit and greed..

Back