domain.com.au prices!

Went to domain.com.au, hit up the "List Your Property" link and it advertises this:

"Place your rental property online ranging from $88 for 14 days to $165 for 28 days."

I think the 14 day price sounds ok, so I go to set up an ad. On that page while composing my ad, it tells me it will cost $132 for 14 days, or $165 for 28 days!

(See attached screenshots)

I know some sites charge for extra features like pictures etc, but I haven't added any. I fiddled with the options to see if I can achieve the "base rate" as advertised but no matter what I select, it's not going below $132!

Is it me or is this dodgy as heck???!!!!

Absolutely disgusted...!!

Daniel

Attachments

• DomainComAu-Ad.png
    DomainComAu-Ad.png
    7.1 KB · Views: 88
  • DomainComAu-Price.png
    DomainComAu-Price.png
    16.6 KB · Views: 70
It seems like spatial discrimination but I notice that on the Products & Pricing page (http://selfservice.domain.com.au/public/products.aspx) they note that, "...prices are dependant on suburb location."
I haven't investigated fully, but I assume from this that rural areas (and maybe outer suburbs) receive a discounted rate. -Seems like it would make more sense, if they have to use a sliding scale, to charge based on rental price...
Anyway, sorry, but unless you can uproot you property to a less swanky area, it looks like you'll be paying the extra 44 bucks. :)

A.

Last edited:
Garrgghh. Thanks Adrock.

I still think it's dodgy! I bet they only offer that base rate to residents of William Creek, SA .... population 12.

Pfft!

We have never found domain to be an effective form of advertising. Well not in SA anyway, the enquiries are just not there!!!

Thanks Xenia, for sharing your experience. Fortunately I do have ads running in other media but I thought I'd give it a try.

Domain.com.au have a bug in the system at the moment that strips carriage returns from submitted ads, so all the text runs together into one paragraph. This is after the preview looks fine! We have to call the Help Centre each time we edit the ad to have the layout corrected (!) But the online ad just now spontaneously stripped its own carriage returns without us even touching it. Garggh.

I'm hopeful it's a sign they're working on the bug :)

Back