Dont you just hate that?

If youre holding CSR as a trader its definitely time to get out.
Its obvious from PB's last chart that the trend is finished and as the 7 day MA is about to cross the 35 day MA it's likely to head down.

The crossover is the signal to sell (or buy in the reverse case as you can see at about March 09.)

Jaycee, bring up only one stock and add a 7 day moving average and a 35 day moving average and you can see the crossover of the 7 day and the 35 day lines. Keep it simple mate.

Here's another look at CSR which shows the same thing:

Attachments

• csr.jpg
    csr.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 66
The problem with the yahoo charts is that they don't show the last day.
And I use etrade who's charts suk.
Getting in before the gap is even harder when shorting.

PMV up about 4.5% so far today. I put in an order to buy @ 8.15 this morning before the market opened, went to the dentist, and came back to find it had gone up. You guessed it...my order didn't get filled as it opened at 8.35.:eek:

Would have been a good little earner today!

Is there a way to guage the approximate opening price? The market depth is a little scattered in the mornings making it pretty hard to estimate a buy price.

Good to see almost everything else has moved up today...

Boods

PMV up about 4.5% so far today. I put in an order to buy @ 8.15 this morning before the market opened, went to the dentist, and came back to find it had gone up. You guessed it...my order didn't get filled as it opened at 8.35.:eek:

Would have been a good little earner today!

Is there a way to guage the approximate opening price? The market depth is a little scattered in the mornings making it pretty hard to estimate a buy price.

Good to see almost everything else has moved up today...

Boods
Happens all the time,i'm waiting in line on one myself-SEH- ,the only way i know to guage the approximate opening price is too employ a F-S-Broker it may cost a bit more,but a least if you use the same one for several years they understand the way you trade, the Lady i employ does not say much just yes or no, but sometimes they just know something and say it in a different way,that's why in my opinion it's worth every cent..IMHO
willair.

Happens all the time,i'm waiting in line on one myself-SEH- ,the only way i know to guage the approximate opening price is too employ a F-S-Broker it may cost a bit more,but a least if you use the same one for several years they understand the way you trade, the Lady i employ does not say much just yes or no, but sometimes they just know something and say it in a different way,that's why in my opinion it's worth every cent..IMHO
willair.

out of curiosity, what does a full service broker charge for trades of say, $50k?

on a side note, I mentioned previously that I was not getting my $600 worth of free brokerage from Commsec. I opened up a cash management account and am now getting free brokerage! whoo whoo! It's quite good, because you can fine tune your system using smaller trades and not get bent over with brokerage.:)

Boods

Boods

I sold PMV yesterday afternoon for $8.21, DOH!! Made $900 but could have added to that this morning. No worries, i dont look in the rear vision mirror too much. Plus i'm trying to sell others today.

On Comsec, before opening, some stocks have an expected opening price. But you can estimate withe experience.

I mentioned earlier in the thread about 'nickle and diming' a stock. That's a good example. If you like a stock and think its worth buying, make sure you get at market price or thereabouts.

I have mentioned as well, i dont paying more for a good stock rather then less. That means its going up rather than down. That's another good example Boods. You're going off mate. :D

I sold PMV yesterday afternoon for $8.21, DOH!! Made $900 but could have added to that this morning. No worries, i dont look in the rear vision mirror too much. Plus i'm trying to sell others today.

On Comsec, before opening, some stocks have an expected opening price. But you can estimate withe experience.

I mentioned earlier in the thread about 'nickle and diming' a stock. That's a good example. If you like a stock and think its worth buying, make sure you get at market price or thereabouts.

I have mentioned as well, i dont paying more for a good stock rather then less. That means its going up rather than down. That's another good example Boods. You're going off mate. :D

Yeah, Commsec had an "indicative price" of $8.15 so thats what I used. It probably pays to be sitting in front of the computer at exactly 8.00am (Perth time) to see how everything shapes up on opening, however, with my job and commitments at the moment it's just not possible. Will need to change that in the future I think when I start playing with larger sums.:cool:

In regards to your comments about CSR earlier this morning, I reckon BOQ is doing a similar thing.

Boods

out of curiosity, what does a full service broker charge for trades of say, $50k?

on a side note, I mentioned previously that I was not getting my $600 worth of free brokerage from Commsec. I opened up a cash management account and am now getting free brokerage! whoo whoo! It's quite good, because you can fine tune your system using smaller trades and not get bent over with brokerage.:)

Boods

Boods
On 50k depending on the time and day and the per unit price the costs can be very high compared to one of the several one-line-faceless-broker set-ups,but i have never worried about that simple cost factor the "ATO"
pick up the tab for that part,it justs that when the market tanks again
as it will,when you use FSB then you can sometimes jump the line up
while others wait in line on the online sites and get hammered..
willair.

If youre holding CSR as a trader its definitely time to get out.
Its obvious from PB's last chart that the trend is finished and as the 7 day MA is about to cross the 35 day MA it's likely to head down.

The crossover is the signal to sell (or buy in the reverse case as you can see at about March 09.)

Jaycee, bring up only one stock and add a 7 day moving average and a 35 day moving average and you can see the crossover of the 7 day and the 35 day lines. Keep it simple mate.

Here's another look at CSR which shows the same thing:

Not holding any, dont know what prompted me to use that as an example

Not a good morning. Lot of red about.

Although i was holding $20k worth of BKW (bought for $13.80 on 31/08/09 and i logged on this morning and saw it had jumped 18%!!

A $4341 gain for me at $16.80. But it was falling from that peak.

As i was preparing the sell order an email popped up and it had already sold. I forgot i had a left over sell order from yesterday for $13.95.

Luckily it sold at the open price of $16.01. Aren't they nice.

I could have done much better if i'd been on the ball tho as it peaked at $16.80.

Still, a gain of $3137 @ $16.01 is not bad for being forgetful.

That'll do me today, i'm off. I dont think there will be much happening. I'm logging off for the week, its been a $7k+ week for me. :)

ChartAxd.axd

Blue = 35 day moving average
Green = 7 day moving average

does that mean (in theory) QAN should keep moving UP ?

In theory, I think there is a good probability

Has anyone bought anything in the last couple of days?
I haven't bothered as my own number 1 trading rule (which I'm trying desperatly to stick to) is not to buy when the Dow closes in the red. That's just me, anyone else do that? I'm sure there are profits to be made on certain stock in this situation, but most on my watchlist go down.

Hi Boods99

Bought 3 this week

Monday -MMS $3.88

-ACR $1.62 sold today @ $1.90

Tuesday-AMP $6.31

Stops at about 10% below buying price(on close)

Cheers

Pete

Hi Boods99

Bought 3 this week

Monday -MMS $3.88

-ACR $1.62 sold today @ $1.90

Tuesday-AMP $6.31

Stops at about 10% below buying price(on close)

Cheers

Pete

nice going Turk...
I looked at MMS and AMP, they look like they have a lot of upward movement in them until they reach their highs of a couple of years ago. With ACR it looks to be in blue sky territory, so a little bit risky for me.

Boods

In theory, I think there is a good probability

Has anyone bought anything in the last couple of days?
I haven't bothered as my own number 1 trading rule (which I'm trying desperatly to stick to) is not to buy when the Dow closes in the red. That's just me, anyone else do that? I'm sure there are profits to be made on certain stock in this situation, but most on my watchlist go down.

thanks, there was supposed to be a chart attached to that..

At least I understand that now..

Back