Elizabeth S.A.

Hi Guys
Ive been looking at this area and it seems really good value and pretty good rental returns. I have read that this area is pretty rough and i was wondering if any South Australians can tell me which part of Elizabeth is the best to look at? eg south, east, downs, north etc and which are the good streets and areas? plus what parts should I definately not even think about?

Besides getting a buyers agent or travelling interstate how do people find out whats the bad streets and parts of an intestate suburb?

thanks in advance guys

Hi I live in SA,

Other than a buyer's agent, a property manager may be a good person to ask :rolleyes: :D

If you keep as close to the South as possible the quality of tenant would be better and the return would be higher in terms of less vacancies or damage.

Happy to give you a rental appraisal on any property you are looking at buying.

Elizabeth

The south of Elizabeth has always been our thoughts as well. Around the Train Station and Shopping Centre. We are originally from Perth and overseas at the moment. My wife visited twice last year (once with me) before setlling on a House in Salisbury - near Train Station and centre of town.

We are currently looking to buy another around Elizabeth South (?)

Bulldog

Thanks for the quick replies.

When you say keep as close to the south as possible do you mean as south as possible or Elizabeth South? Just wondering cause Elizabeth Grove and Elizabeth Vale looks further south the Elizabeth South if you know what i mean.

I need to get a Adelaide directory or broadband cause google maps too slow
:(. What roads are the shops or shopping centres on?
Easters coming up i might do a road trip to adelaide :)

thanks again

To me, Elizabeth is Elizabeth (i know i may be generalising a little here but i really dont see much difference), doesnt matter what you put before or after the suburb name; north, south, heights, lows, inbetweens or whatever. Maybe they could turn Davoren Pk into a prestige suburb using this method, i can see it now; "Davoren Park... Heights" LOL :D

Xenia is definately the right person to talk/listen to. Creative RE Solutions would be able to help you find the right property and Xenia and her team will be able to do a fantastic job managing it! Theres really no need for you to come to Adelaide other than for the experience if you would like it?

Hi,
In October last year we (wife and I) recently bought 2 properties in the area. After a lot of looking on the internet it soon became apparent that the only real way to determine whether a street was good or not was to drive/walk the area. We flew to SA intending to buy 1 but decided to get 2.
1. A basic brick house on 680m2 (with newish kitchen and bathroom) in Elizabeth East in a fairly nice street for $154k - rented @$185/wk
2. A timber home on 1050m2, corner block opposite school in Eliz Nth, for $122k, (after a quick tidy up) rented for $175/wk - with plans to sub-divide into 3 blocks in a few years... council has looked at plans and given verbal go-ahead.
So far, so good. We have excellent property managers - Brock Harcourts in Salisbury. I really think that is the key in an area like this. We plan to hold onto these for a while.

Mick

I recently asked a real estate agent in Elizabeth what the main industries/economic drivers were in the area? She only mentioned the Holden plant. Not the best selling point given up to 650 job losses just announced.

Does anyone have any links to articles on expansion plans for the Edinburgh RAAF base?

Found this article on Lang Walker's investment plans for northern Adelaide...well worth the read

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,21260623-5006301,00.html

Ajax

Karina, Ajax.

I wouldn't be terribly worried about the layoffs at Holden's effecting tenancies in Elizabeth as most Holden workers live in better areas due to their higher incomes.
Also they are being offered voluntary separation packages so you would think that the people taking the packages would have other jobs lined up or be getting a large payout.

Elizabeth still has plenty of employment opportunities available or at least within a 1/2 hour drive.

Pablo.

Success in Elizabeth

HI,

The first property we bought was in Elizabeth Park nearly 3 years ago.

Only positives to come from it so far, cheap purchase price, high rental return and never had any problems getting tenants.

We believe Elizabeth Park is the best part of Elizabeth also

good point Pablo, I have looked at elizabeth in the past and although I have not bought there I don't believe you could go to far wrong buying a little cheapie there around 100-150k

Back