Email Client

i had a look at it, and i just don't see how bouncing would be useful for me

majority of spam i receive comes from random addresses or even from my own address, so if i was to bounce it, the response wouldn't get to spammer anyway, so they won't take my e-mail off the list.

otherwise, the TB own junk mail filter handles the situation quite well, i only get one or two e-mails a day that escape it, and i get about 2-3 e-mails a month which get labeled as junk incorrectly

i must admit i do like the interface and color coding

I dont understand why people dont just give up on clients and use gmail.

With broadband and smart phones we are always connected, no need to worry about loosing your email, unlimited storage for next to no cost, you can forward all your other emails to this account, free spam filtering, free calendering, rule setting the list just goes on and on.

Unless people are on dial up then there is no reason to need a client and if your on dial up its costing you more then wireless anyway with call costs included.

With broadband and smart phones we are always connected, no need to worry about loosing your email, unlimited storage for next to no cost, you can forward all your other emails to this account, free spam filtering, free calendering, rule setting the list just goes on and on.

Unless people are on dial up then there is no reason to need a client and if your on dial up its costing you more then wireless anyway with call costs included.

I'm a control freak, i like to keep backups of all my files and i don't trust online email :D

GG

i use client with gmail, as well as other e-mail addresses i have

client is just more convenient, you got all your mail in one place, and you can do whatever you want with it. with online mail, you are limited to what the service provider lets you do.

For most people, GMail is a perfect solution, plus Google Calendar works really well.

If you want a bit more functionality, use Thunderbird as an IMAP client to GMail - which is what I do.

And is what i do. Works great.

For most people, GMail is a perfect solution, plus Google Calendar works really well.

If you want a bit more functionality, use Thunderbird as an IMAP client to GMail - which is what I do.

Yeah Firefox is what I use too. Its a lot faster than its competitors.

Hey Rick,

In Firefox, can you set multiple homepages, so when you open up firefox, it opens x amout of homeoage tabs. It can be done in IE.

I'm still loving Firefox and Thunderbird.............SO FAST :eek:

GG

In Firefox, can you set multiple homepages, so when you open up firefox, it opens x amout of homeoage tabs. It can be done in IE.

Hi GG, Im not sure as Ive never gone looking to try. However I do know you can open FF with what ever page tabs you had open in your previous session.

Hey Rick,

I'm still loving Firefox and Thunderbird.............SO FAST :eek:

GG

Yes, you can. Separate pages with the 'pipe' symbol | (shift-\)

Like this: http://www.somersoft.com/forums|http://www.asx.com.au|http://www.failblog.org

Try Chrome for your browser it beats the rest hands down for simplicitty of use and functionality. Really the rest are playing catch up with this fantastic piece of software

Back