Enough already about PLASTIC #!!@&* BAGS

They would cost Bunnings $.02 each or less..... It is offensive because they are doing it for a combined profit and 'green' reasons, which has no representation/basing to what it costs them.

Ahh... but the cost to the environment (i.e. the 'true cost') isn't 2 cents.

It probably is more like 15c. The thing is this money isn't going towards the right causes. It's going towards the bottom line. That's why I reckon a levy on the bags would be good, with the money going towards fixing up the mess they cause, or at least all 'profit on plastic bags' being donated to environmental groups or clean ups jobs.

It really isnt just about the plastic bags Nat. That is just a token of what is happening. It is more about Governments fluffing at the edges, bignoting and saying 'aren't we good' but being unwilling to really tackle the stuff that makes a difference. So once again they attack the soft targets rather than the best ones.

Agreed. Can you blame them though? Look at how upset people are getting over plastic bags! There would be riots on the street if they did something like charge a congestion tax or calculate car rego based on a vehicles emissions (similar to what they do in HK).

One step at a time though I suppose.

My pet hate is how we try to grow rice in the desert...

It really isnt just about the plastic bags Nat. That is just a token of what is happening. It is more about Governments fluffing at the edges, bignoting and saying 'aren't we good' but being unwilling to really tackle the stuff that makes a difference. So once again they attack the soft targets rather than the best ones.

Well obviously - we all know that is what governments do best. My comment is not directed at the discussion re pathetic government and corporate fluffing about. My point is that some people are carrying on like a pack of muppets about not being able to use plastic bags to carry their groceries the 10 meters from the checkout to their cars and for the one or two meters from their cars to their kitchens. The government is not going to ban all plastic bags - only grocery bags. There will still be plastic bags available to put your nappies in or your dog poop or whatever just as there are other things available to carry your groceries in - I simply don't believe not having plastic grocery bags is that much of a disadvantage.

Surely there are more important things to complain about.

BoatBoy said:
can't bite my tongue any longer.

What is it? What does it meam?

It makes no sense, stupid bloody American speak

What the? How on earth is that American speak? I've been telling people to get over it since at least 1987. You must live in a cave...:D I did hear some chick on the TV say "period" the other night though instead of "full stop" and we seem to have a lot of SUVs around instead of 4WD's.

What the? How on earth is that American speak? I've been telling people to get over it since at least 1987. You must live in a cave...:D I did hear some chick on the TV say "period" the other night though instead of "full stop" and we seem to have a lot of SUVs around instead of 4WD's.

Get over it is fine, its the addition of "already" on the end that grates.

Too much Seinfeld ?

Dave

Too much Seinfeld ?

seinfeld.jpg

Whaaaaaaaaaat is the deal with the Americanisation of our speeeeeeeeeech?

Mark

Get over it is fine, its the addition of "already" on the end that grates.

Too much Seinfeld ?

Dave

Oohhhhhhhhh I geddit! Never watched Seinfield actually so have no idea where I picked it up - probably some other inane American sitcom.

Sorry, my bad. I made an oopsy ;)

My God you lot are a pathetic pack of whingers - how did you all ever exist before plastic bags were invented?

Harden up and get over it already!

Sure everyone needs to harden up, and go back to living in caves, having a bit of animal fur to cover themselves, and pick the food, and hunt the animals with spears. Die at the age of 30, because you need to harden up and stop using medications and doctors.

After all how did we exist before the cars, clothes, mass production and housing was invented?:rolleyes:

Sure everyone needs to harden up, and go back to living in caves, having a bit of animal fur to cover themselves, and pick the food, and hunt the animals with spears. Die at the age of 30, because you need to harden up and stop using medications and doctors.

After all how did we exist before the cars, clothes, mass production and housing was invented?:rolleyes:

OMFG what the? How on earth did you get from harden up to living in caves? I lived in QLD through the Joh years though, so the above scenario would be a piece of piss for me - don't think I could say the same about you though could I?

I don't really care if plastic bags are banned or not because I choose not to use them. What annoys me is that some people whinge and whine about every little thing - and I'm not just talking about the plastic bag issue. This thread just happens to be the last straw. Whinge whinge whinge my tenant isn't paying the rent but I don't have the balls to evict them. Whinge whinge whinge the government is doing something I don't like. Whinge whinge whinge the value of my share portfolio has fallen...

Lately there has been more whinging and whining on this forum than there is on A Current Affair and Today Tonight combined. I think some people will feel more at home on this forum... http://www.notgoodenough.org/

Basically if you don't like something then don't whinge and whine like a baby - get off your ar$e and do something about it. If you can't be bothered doing that -then at least shut up about it.

what a truckload of cr*p natmarie ...

lighten up

OMFG what the? How on earth did you get from harden up to living in caves? I lived in QLD through the Joh years though, so the above scenario would be a piece of piss for me - don't think I could say the same about you though could I?

I don't really care if plastic bags are banned or not because I choose not to use them. What annoys me is that some people whinge and whine about every little thing - and I'm not just talking about the plastic bag issue. This thread just happens to be the last straw. Whinge whinge whinge my tenant isn't paying the rent but I don't have the balls to evict them. Whinge whinge whinge the government is doing something I don't like. Whinge whinge whinge the value of my share portfolio has fallen...

Lately there has been more whinging and whining on this forum than there is on A Current Affair and Today Tonight combined. I think some people will feel more at home on this forum... http://www.notgoodenough.org/

Basically if you don't like something then don't whinge and whine like a baby - get off your ar$e and do something about it. If you can't be bothered doing that -then at least shut up about it.

I'll probably regret buying into this argument, but here's my two cents.

I don't agree with banning plastic bags entirely. But it sometimes takes big gestures to get awareness to the people. It's all about being aware that we do have a problem. We do need to be concerned about the environment! Possibly not us, but maybe our children and our children's.. (well you've heard it all before).

And if the public is aware, and feels a sense of community and 'doing good' (i.e. in regard to Earth Hour) than perhaps, on a larger scale, all the small changes will add up and make a difference.

As far as I know, we can't inhabit Mars just yet.

Michelle :rolleyes:

There was an editorial article in our local paper yesterday (Peter Goers for the South Aussies), which raised a couple of interesting points (bare in mind though it's an opinion piece, so the facts may not be 100% accurate):

- The supermarkets could change plastic bags (I think he said add an ingredient when they are being manufactured) so that the degrade within 6 months for an added cost of about 15% per bag - they currently cost $0.006c each from memory, so would take them up to an incredible $0.007c. Or, they can sell the green bags for $1ea that cost them 20c to make. hmmmm, wonder which option they'll be behind?

- He also points out how our state premiers couldn't reach an agreement over a simple thing like plastic bags. Where does that leave us when it comes to important issues like public health and education etc! :rolleyes:

- He also points out how our state premiers couldn't reach an agreement over a simple thing like plastic bags. Where does that leave us when it comes to important issues like public health and education etc! :rolleyes:

And water, Steve, I think we can forget any water decisions. Even Penny WOng didnt get around to water in the 2020 love fest. Did you also read the article where Janet Giles went all goeey when she met Hugh Jackman :mad: Sheesh! How pathetic.

And water, Steve, I think we can forget any water decisions. Even Penny WOng didnt get around to water in the 2020 love fest. Did you also read the article where Janet Giles went all goeey when she met Hugh Jackman :mad: Sheesh! How pathetic.

No, I make a point not to read too much of the tabloid papers - bad for your mind. :D Although Goers doesn't seem too bad - a few weeks ago he talked about that 1936 Adelaide Street Directory reprint. Picked up a copy - really fascinating!

Although I did also read Jimmy Barns' big whinge on the front page. Gimme a break! :rolleyes:

you just love sucking up to certain type mark.. you know what i mean ;) wonder if your clients see the other side of the para planner...:eek:

It takes a courageous person to hide behind a fake name on a forum. How about you come out from behind your mummy's skirt and show who you really are. Also, I don't really see what you mean with my clients seeing the other side of the paraplanner? What they see is what they get. I post under my real name because I have nothing to hide and many of my clients read this forum, so they see who I really am.

I'm not ashamed of my views, opinions or beliefs and if people don't like them, I don't really care. If I've got something to say, I'm going to say it, regardless of what anyone else thinks. Especially some joker who talks big but carries a little stick.

Mark

Last edited:
Back