Extreme poster

Sim,

I've just noticed I'm an extreme poster. Acey tells me it happened a while ago (perceptive aren't I?).

What are the new levels?

Jas

This is what I've set them to for now. As the post count gets higher I will need to add some more.

Lurker (Minimum Posts: 0)
Infrequent Poster (Minimum Posts: 1)
Regular Poster (Minimum Posts: 25)
Frequent Poster (Minimum Posts: 100)
Habitual Poster (Minimum Posts: 250)
Busy Poster (Minimum Posts: 1000)
Extreme Poster (Minimum Posts: 2500)
Addicted Poster :) (Minimum Posts: 5000)

But Sim you have just moved the goalposts! How about adding new ones rather than making the current ones harder to reach :D :D :D :D :D

I'm open to suggestions - I liked Extreme and Addicted poster as the top two, but if you can come up with something that is higher, I'm happy to consider it.

Phew, I'm not addicted any more...

I'm not extrem any more either...

At the way this is going, I'll be an "Infrequent Poster "

Jas

For some, the title doesn't change with the number of posts. Probably just as well :D

I was addicted WAAAAY long ago.

Okay, I've decided to try an experiment...

Lurker (Minimum Posts: 0)
New Poster (Minimum Posts: 1)
Getting Warmed Up (Minimum Posts: 25)
Top 100 Contributor
Top 50 Contributor
Top 20 Contributor
Top 10 Contributor
Top 5 Contributor

The post counts for each level will vary based on how many people have posted more than you have. I will adjust the post counts regularly to match where the levels stand.

With this new scheme it is possible for your contribution level to drop if other people start posting more than you do.

I think it is a more useful measure of how much someone contributes.

Sim,

As a suggestion- perhaps it could be based on daily posts after a qualifying period (OK, a bit difficult I know).

But someone who has been contributing well for a month or more might have their contribution better recognised, than those of us who have just been around for a long time, if they have put in a lot of contributions in that month?

Just a thought...

Nope - I don't want to encourage people to post spuriously for a month.

Long term contribution is what counts.

Just to clarify things for people.

Post count does in no way suggest quality or reputation of poster. It is merely a count of the number of times someone has posted on the forum.

About the only thing it implies is how much effort someone has put into the forum by contributing. It does not imply expertise or wealth.

Be careful not to read something into the stats that is misleading.

Hi sim,

I like your 'old' system better. Why?

Using the word 'top' does imply better in some ways. I agree with the post above that it is no indication of quality etc but it may appear that way to newcomers. Most of the 'top' whatever people on this forum are fantastic but there are (in my opinion) one or two who are not. I know who they are because I have been around the forum for a while, but it takes time to sort them out.

Also, despite the fact I have contributed to the forum for over a year now I am classifyed as 'just warming up'???

Lily

Okay, I've changed it so the ranking is next to the post count and purely an indication of how much they have posted in comparison to everyone else - top 5, top 10, top 20, top 50, top 100, top 250 (10%).

There is no other status.

Also Moderators now show up in the list too.

When we implement vBulletin v3 I will revisit it and will incorporate the reputation measures in.

I still reckon we should have really cool titles to go with our posting levels.

You guys take all the fun out of it!

Cheers,

Originally posted by Simon
I still reckon we should have really cool titles to go with our posting levels.

You guys take all the fun out of it!

Cheers,
Hey, maybe titles should be like wedding anniversaries.

Paper, wood, silver, gold...

I wonder which one would be the poison ivy anniversary?

Well Simon, if you can come up with a really great set of user titles, then I'll be happy to implement them and tell the naysayers to go jump... but they have to be good !

I will try - but was kind of hoping I could just point out the faults and have someone else fix them!

Please email me any ideas......

I'm also a bit uncomfortable with the 'Top x ' tag.

Some people may feel more inclined to give more weight to the views a 'Top 5 Contributor' than someone who's 'Getting Warmed Up' when their views may be equally valid.

And older hands on this forum will know that quantity isn't always the same as quality (why just look at that Aceyducey guy!) :D

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Back