Fat sick and Nearly Dead

Has any none seen the movie Fat Sick and Nearly Dead by Joe Cross ? the more I read about this juice diet or detox the more I am intrigued by it.

http://www.jointhereboot.com/index.php?lang=au

I have decide to try it for a few days and replace my largest meal with juice,I did this last night and again tonight,I haven't felt hungry all day and only had a sandwich for lunch.

I need to loose around 5kg (10 would be nicer) so I hope this will work,
I personally am not into diets at all but after watching all the utube movies on juicing I thought I would throw this out there for others to have a look at.

Personally I beleive any diet which uses meal replacements, such as shakes and other products, isn't healthy or sustainable.

I've always struggled quite badly with my weight, and I'm not a large girl, I've just never been happy in my own skin - even now.

I was an idiot and tried the lemon detox diet. Yes, it worked. But, not only was a VERY sick and run down after just a few days, I put on all the weight again once I returned to eating - even when I was being healthy and eating salads.

Although that was with replacing all meals, and not just dinner, so I guess this one could have a different outcome..?

Of late I've been instructed by Dr that I'm not allowed to diet, and I'm really looking forward to getting the go ahead again but when I do I will be trying to do it the right way for once. Healthy diet and plenty of exercise.

Would like to see if it works, and how long you're able to keep it off.

I feel fat and sick after devouring 1 litre of rocky road ice cream with my wife on the couch.....

I don't buy into the diets. Regular exercise and healthy eating (with the exception of my rare binge tonight) should do the trick.

Cheers

Jamie

Has any none seen the movie Fat Sick and Nearly Dead by Joe Cross ? the more I read about this juice diet or detox the more I am intrigued by it.

http://www.jointhereboot.com/index.php?lang=au

I have decide to try it for a few days and replace my largest meal with juice,I did this last night and again tonight,I haven't felt hungry all day and only had a sandwich for lunch.

I need to loose around 5kg (10 would be nicer) so I hope this will work,
I personally am not into diets at all but after watching all the utube movies on juicing I thought I would throw this out there for others to have a look at.
May be the juice is very high in sugar,buy a blood sugar meter and see what your levels are,i walk 5 klm's a day do that for a few weeks and the 5 kg will not be on the scales..

May be the juice is very high in sugar,buy a blood sugar meter and see what your levels are,i walk 5 klm's a day do that for a few weeks and the 5 kg will not be on the scales..

Agree.

Pa1nter, that sugar replacement meal (the juice) will probably leave you feeling hungrier after your blood sugar levels drop, than if you had something with less sugar in it.

For replacement, I'd go for a small, low calorie, protien/complex carb meal instead, ie. tuna and salad, yogurt, boiled egg and a piece of fruit, cheese on Vitawheat crackers, etc.

I feel fat and sick after devouring 1 litre of rocky road ice cream with my wife on the couch.....

I don't buy into the diets. Regular exercise and healthy eating (with the exception of my rare binge tonight) should do the trick.

Cheers

Jamie

Easy for a skinny guy to say.

It was mentioned here on SS previously, I then saw the DVD in Woolies shortly thereafter

Youtube has a good preview also

Montel Williams is also into the Green Smoothie and praises it for his MS relief :D

I havent seen the movie, but I do love real juice (mix of vege and fruit). I think part of the reason you dont feel hungry is that it is packed so densely with nutrients that your body feels satisfied.
If you try to use a majority of veges, it will have less of an impact on your blood sugar levels.
But I dont think I would use it as a weight loss method... more as a nutritional supplement.

I was an idiot and tried the lemon detox diet. Yes, it worked. But, not only was a VERY sick and run down after just a few days, I put on all the weight again once I returned to eating - even when I was being healthy and eating salads.

Although that was with replacing all meals, and not just dinner, so I guess this one could have a different outcome..?

Of late I've been instructed by Dr that I'm not allowed to diet, and I'm really looking forward to getting the go ahead again but when I do I will be trying to do it the right way for once. Healthy diet and plenty of exercise.

Would like to see if it works, and how long you're able to keep it off.

As someone who has struggled with her weight for 25 years or more, my one piece of advice for younger women would be dont diet.
I found I lost weight, then usually put on double of what I'd lost. It was such a vicious cycle, and completely stuffed up my metabolism.
And when I think about the size I was when I was 20... I'd be so happy to be that size now.
if you can learn to love your body, make some small adjustments to your lifestyle (one change at a time) and incorporate exercise into your lifestyle you will be so much better off.

I've been on it for a few months now and feel lighter, healthier and had comments made.
Never feel hungry
But I do have dinner, usually vege soup with a bit of beef, split peas and pearl barley but portion sizes are down. I do have some yoghurt during the day as well.

We juice 1kg carrot, 1kg tomatoes, a few apples, a few pears, 1/2 a bunch of celery and a few capsicum, rinse out the jug with store bought no added sugar pineapple juice (about 250ml) and we have 3 litres of juice which does two of us for breakfast and lunch.
That costs about $6-50.

Plant based diet and juicing organic vegetables and a little bit of fruit (to sweeten it) is the way to go. It is NOT a diet or a fad, it's a part of a permanent healthy lifestyle.

The problem with any diet is the word, diet... most people would die before continuing it for a long term, not literally die but would get bored of it.

Incorporating organic vegetables juices into an everyday life is easy, healthy, cheap and convenient. Those who disagree simply are lazy and can't take responsibility for becoming healthy.

It's very hard to eat 1 KG of veggies a day, but so easy to juice and drink it where it hits the bloodstream instantly while nourishing you with living enzymes and vitamins.

The problem with being fat is not having excess weight, all the toxins are stored in the body fat. It puts enormous strain on your heart and blood vessels. Overweight people have higher incidence of cancer, diabetes and all sorts of other chronic illnesses.

The way your body shape gets formed is 80% of it is what you eat and 20% is exercises.

If you hit the gym 7 days a week but eat processed, meat rich and dairy diet, you will never lose weight. Vegetables are your friends.

Read an article today where they had a gym right near McDonalds, people would go in to both places... oxymorons. :)

If you want to lose weight then you need to consume fewer calories than you expend. Roughly speaking, you need a shortfall of 7500 to 8000 calories to lose a kilogram of fat.

All diets, be they juicing, Atkins or whatever work on this principle.

The other thing to bear in mind is that if you want to keep the weight off then you'll need to rework your lifestyle. So it's not going to be a case of going on a diet for a few months to shed the flab, but a case of continuing to eat well and exercise to retain your newly svelte form.

I'm 5'1 and 115 lbs.
I eat very little.
Generally I eat 2 slices of toast for breakfast, 1/2 sandwich for lunch, and 1 cup of whatever we have for dinner.
Evening snack would be 1/2 orange, or 1/2 chocolate bar, or 2 cookies.

This maintains my weight.

When I was employed, the only difference was I ate a small mid morning and mid afternoon snack.

I also don't believe in meal replacement foods, or diets in general. It needs to be a change in foods and amounts you eat.

I notice people around me, and what they eat.Huge amounts of food.
No wonder many people are over weight.

I also have an eating disorder, and need to chew my food at least 29 times before swallowing. But that is good for digestion, so it's not all bad.

There are so many different fads and craze diets around.

Novel idea that works for me. Moderation. Combine that with exercise and things generally don't go to bad.

I eat what I want - my weight is stable, possibly 1kg more than I'd actually like but as is none of my jeans fit and none of the clothing stores within 150km of where I live stock my size/shape so I'm not fussed about the weight. If I *gained* 1 or 2kg I'd fit into a size 8 just fine.

Now, fitness levels and tone. That's a whole other story. The more weight I've lost the worse my pot belly has got and I really, really don't like it but I suspect its going to take 6 months of 500 situps twice a day or something to get rid of it. I should probably get a referral to a physio and get an actual exercise plan come to think of it, my muscles are completely trashed, probably to the point of physio being free :(

Get rid of that damn tummy and I'd be happy.

I watched this doco a couple of weeks back on tv, and thought it was great!

Really amazing. It was more about vegies juiced with a touch of fruit.

E.g.

1 bunch of kale
1/2 bunch celery
2 carrot
2 green apples
lemon juice
grated ginger

I was espcially interested in the lady who was suffering migraines and tried it for 10 days and stopped getting them alltogether. I've been suffering from them too, and am willing to give it a go to see if anything changes.

Good luck Painter - let us know how you go

I was mainly interested in it because I have a friend who fits in this category and I want to support him. I studied (Watched lots of Utube on the subject) and believe it will save his life if he follows it through.

I want to be able to say,look this works and I know because I did it or at least tried it first.

This morning I had juice for breakfast,hand mowed the yard for an intense two hours,did other stuff and around 12.30 I had a salad sandwich and tonight I will have juice again.

I am thinking about food but I am not hungry :confused:

I did what you are doing about 2 weeks ago - i.e. replacing 1 meal with a juice also cut out the chocolate/chips/lollies. Despite a huge work funded bender I have so far lost 2.5 kilo's.

I don't think I could do the just juice and nothing but juice thing but as a nutritional boost and meal replacement once a day it is working well for me.

If you want to give this a try but dont want to spend a couple of hundred on a name brand juicer just yet, these ones from Homeart for $60 work fine.
http://www.homeart.com.au/3260.html
3260_ZOOM.jpg

Need to be careful with those juice diets as they can be quite acidic. So while you might lose weight while you're on them, they may invoke side affects like GERD, GORD, etc.

Back