Feeling shafted by ANZ - need some advice

A very similar situation with St.G but had to deal with 4 different staff members as the main person ended up in hospital.

Also living O/S not that easy to just pop in for a friendly chat and negotiate loans etc, so everything is done by emails and telephone calls.

I'd stick to my guns. Going to the ombudsman might just save you the rate lock $1,200. Their staff member stuffed up. Why should you have to pay for that?

I also had a problem with ANZ, tried to refix my loan so went into a branch to fix the rate only to have it stuffed up and was sent a letter with my new repayment amount which was about 1.5 times what I was quoted and expecting. when i tried to fix this which took about 20 phone calls and 6 weeks, I stopped the repayments at the incorrect amount (which was advised to me by the first phone operator I spoke to) then to be chased up by the arrears department, when I told them the scenario their attitude was to bad I had requested the payment to be stopped and basically give us the money, which I didnt owe half that amount, I finally spoke to a team leader who was able to solve my issue, I got no apology or reimbursment of my renegotiation fee. I was extremly dissapointed with their customer service and was left to feel like another number instead of a customer. In future I think I will deal with a person face to face and if it gets messed up I will go to the branch and talk to the same person rather then get a different person in the call centre every time.

Back