Finance for Our Customers who are renovating

I see it as a conversion issue

Very simple procces
Here is the product/service
Here is how it improves your life (benefits)
As you can see from the numerous images/slides/movies/articles it provides You with great value.

Here is how You can obtain our service for a weekly/monthly fee

We wont be providing the finance
I will create a webpage along the lines off

1 You have options increase your current home loan
2 Use Gemoney
3 use ezypay
ezypay worked out $490 cheaper over 2 years (there must be a fee for us providing this service I do not know yet)

You would lose me right there. Smells dodgy to me. If I have to finance a new floor with GE Money, I don't want it.

Over 7 years Gemoney looked good
You can have this polished concrete floor for as little as $18.69/week

Like buying a funeral plan. I know it is different, but it smells the same. Would turn me off to know that it must be broken down to a weekly payment. Makes me think it is too expensive.

Still very early stages with this was looking for ideas

Hard to give a cost when each floor is different
Different finishers are required
Many factors enter into the equation.
We are open we make it very easy for surfers to contact us
We have a free cd answering hundreds of questions
Over 7 websites and numerous web 2.0 propeties we answer every question You could imagine.
Price is like walking into a car yard and knowing you want a car
You do need to ask
Customer inquiries are never a problem.

If customer enquiries are not a problem, then I would not be bothering to try to organise finance for people. If you want to weed out those tyre kickers who will not like the price but will waste time and man hours having a quote done that they cannot afford, then at least put some sort of guide to price, or a before and after series of photos showing what this particular job cost and why.

I would guess that most people on this forum would not touch GE Finance with a barge pole, and Rolf has explained that banks probably are not interested. I just think you are barking up the wrong tree with this. I have been known to be wrong before though :D.

I suppose what I am saying is that failing to covert the "surfers" might just simply be a case of letting the "surfers" know a rough idea of what a basic, medium and high end floor would cost. That way they don't bother to enquire and don't need to be "converted" if it is out of their price range anyway.

I see it as a conversion issue

Very simple procces
Here is the product/service
Here is how it improves your life (benefits)
As you can see from the numerous images/slides/movies/articles it provides You with great value.

Here is how You can obtain our service for a weekly/monthly fee

I know heaps of bank managers that would love leads like this

the main aim would be to refinance all the home loan with a top up to their branch, if that was not appropriate they could do a personal loan, also the option of paying on credit card and then taking an interest free for 6 months credit card refinance.

Many Australians buy everything on credit, Harvey Normans's business is built on it so why not give your customers a choice, while some people here are offended by buying things on credit that is how many many people buy their car, house, holidays, furniture etc so why not offer it and convert some more leads.

Good luck with it

Thanks for the advice/opinions/help

This was to give me a firm place to start.
I was thinking the same as Bigtone
As a bank
If a lead is dropped in your lap where the customer can either refinance or join as a new customer it would be crazyness to pass it up.
The customer has security.
Once you have the customer sell him/her more products
You might think for a bank to set this up is not worth the effort.
What is a lead sent to your doorstep with security who you can upsell to worth?
Banks do advertise on TV etc for new customers.

Will hunt around on linkedin
Thanks

As Bigtone has said
why not give your customers a choice

Because no one else in the industry is helping customers with options dont mean it cant be done.
I will see what is happening in USA and England using google.

However, what YOU can do is potentially have your own company funds available to be lent out as payment for your jobs. Not sure how the technicalities would work but it's something worth exploring if your company has lots of cash it isn't using.
That's going to require an ACL though right? And that's a whole new world of pain. Dealing with ASIC forms/processes can be a real test of patience :mad:

Cheers

Jamie

Hi Stuart

As the other finance guys have mentioned, there's probably not going to be a lender that will get too excited about providing the smallish loans.

However, there are a lot of lenders that will allow the borrower to "top-up" their home loan for this sort of purpose.

Cheers

Jamie

Thanks again
So option 1 becomes see your current home loan provider.
Option 2 other provider
Option 3 gemoney etc
Option 4 ezypay
Option 5 do it in stages via paypal (set up monthly withdrawal)
Option 5 Do without (stick with your boring old concrete) LOL

For as little as $20 a week You can increase the value off Your home.
Before

insurance-work-concrete-badly-burnt.jpg

After
14-014th-Burnt-Down-Garage-Slab.-Standing-Ovation.jpg

If this post is to promotional please drop it
I just want to give those a feel who commented what service We provide.
Residential-House-South-Coast-New-Slab-start-of-polished-concrete-procces..jpg

After
Residential-House-Canberra-Sydney-South-Coast-New-Slab-finsihed-polished-concrete-procces.jpg

There are no contact us links etc etc
Thanks

This concrete here was very very very badly pored
Condition-of-Slab-before-starting-Stage-1-of-a-two-Stage-Process-Nov-2011-7.jpg

Same concrete with a 3000 finish
polished-concrete-floors-flooring-canberra-south-coast-sydney-007.jpg

I am only the webmaster I do not have that ability.
I just kinda own google

Back