Fixing Leaky Sheds.

Hi there.

Currently I have 2 3x3 tin sheds on slabs in my back yard. Neither of the slabs was "properly" poured - ie with a stepped up piece for the inside of the shed to stop water seeping under the sides.

Currently when it rains the water seeps under the sides of the shed, and then ponds on the floor. Annoying. I've got everything up on bits of tiles and fibro but it's a right pain in the neck.

So. I would like to retrospectively fix. I've tried silicone around the edges, but the ants eat it and that doesn't work.

The current thinking is to
a) empty the sheds
b) mix a slurry of cement (what proportions??)
c) fill up the inside of the shed about 1 - 2cm thick

Anyone got any tips or pointers - do you think it would work?

This would (when set) give me a surface that was higher than the rain - which would then seep to the outside...

prob much easyer to get a alinimium pressing and use it as a flashing on the out side and rivit it on.
all u need to do it get the warter far enough so it goes out over the slab.

What you are saying will work but remember to slope it down to the door to let any water that may get in run out.

cant tell u about the proportions on teh cement sorry,

u get can self leveling cement do a 5-10cm thick ontop of the slab and resurface it with your tiles or what ever ontop

More rain!

OK - I've had a gutful now. The sheds filled up again over the last couple of days.

I've ordered the cement and concrete blend. At the same time I am going to empty out my now brimming 3000L water tank and move it, and concrete under it. It has crusher dust at the moment - full of weeds and ants.

Yuk.

Anyway - my Easter's set, after the good Friday Service and some hot cross buns, it's on with the sunscreen, big hat, and gumboots and out with the shovel. Hope it stays dry!!

So what are youall doin?

Last edited:
If you have your hart set on the concrete you will have to remember to use bond crete in the mix and paint it on top of existing slab soo as to help the two stick together properly. If you are going to do it do it once .i would also mark the inside of the shed then take the shed off and put a lil bit of formwork to make it good. Also with your concrete blend you could also get a little bit more sand to mix in with it as i find sometimes the blend is too rocky thats useing the small 5mm rock. depends how you want it to look in the end

Bondcrete.

I just quoted up some bondcrete from the Bunnings. Apparently it is diluted down, and just rolled on. When it is still tacky, you put the cement mixture on top.

So, off to Bunnings sometime this week for a 4L can o' this @ $46.

Bondcrete for concrete floor topping over 6mm

Step 1: Apply a sealing coat of diluted Bondcrete (Bondcrete 1:Water 4) and allow to dry.

Step 2: Apply a bondcoat of diluted Bondcrete (Bondcrete 4:Water 1), progressively as the toppings are being laid and avoid walking on the bondcoat.

Step 3: Apply topping while bondcoat is still "tacky". Suggested mix is 2-3 parts clean Sand or fine Aggregate, to 1 part Cement mixed to a workable consistency with Bondcrete admixture (Bondcrete 1: Water 10) in place of normal water.

Where expansion jointing materials are used in the original floor, provision must be made for these joints to be followed through the new toppings. This should also apply to large areas of Tiles.

Back