Floating Floor supplier in Brisbane?

Hi guys,

I bought and installed some floating floors for my sister's IP in Melbourne, and found a VERY good supplier (cheap and good quality) in Sunshine near Tottenham station.

She lives in QLD and now wants to rip out the carpets of three bedrooms and replace with floating floors.

I have tried searching the forums here and doing quick google searches but as I don't know Brisbane that well I thought it best to ask Somersoft for recommendations.

She wants to shop around prices before "just going with Bunnings" as the place to buy the actual floorboards.

Don't need installer yet, her hubby will probably be doing the installing so they just need a place to buy floating floorboards...

Any help would be appreciated!

depending how many sqm - just buy import from overseas ($1 per sqm).

the stuff u buy from bunnings are mainly manufactured by the same suppliers overseas

Check on ebay. there are a whole heap of very economical suppliers.

We just did a 35sqm floor in stranded bamboo, total cost (supply only) $1100 and this includes the trim around the room. Bought through a supplier from Ebay.

Cheers

Thanks guys, can you provide links for chinese importers??

I call them "floating floors" but what is the correct term?

Laminate Floating floor?

Engineered Floating floor?

Bamboo Floating floor?

Thanks guys, can you provide links for chinese importers??

I call them "floating floors" but what is the correct term?

Laminate Floating floor?

Engineered Floating floor?

Bamboo Floating floor?

A floating floor is a floor thats not fixed to the subfloor in any way. Laminate , engineered and bamboo are all types of floating floors different in the way the boards are constructed and the materials used to make them.

Back