Floating Timber floor price

Can anyone tell me roughly how much I might be looking at for a timber floating floor in 2 rooms. Living room 6.6 x 3.4 and kitchen 2.5 x 3.6.

Total 31.44 sqm. How much material and how much labor roughly

thanx

it all depends what timber floorboards you want to get.

anything btw 49-150 per sqm for timber floorboards

labour lay 18-30 per sqm

underlay around 6-30 per sqm depending if it is an apartment or house and body corp/owners corp requirements

add all those figures up and you get ur price.

Since this is in the investment section I am going to take a punt and guess its for a rental?

If so do some research before you go the floating timber.
I did the main living areas in my last IP and have regretted it since the second tenant. They keep using mops etc to clean the floor which causes the timber to expand/contract. The gaps are getting worse with every tenant now.
I pulled off the skirting and fixed some of the worse gaps last change over of tenants with some glue to try and keep it from spreading again.

What I put in was sealed and supposed to be moisture resistant.

Update : talked to a friend who does floating floors for a job, he is going to give me a quote on the pre-finished wooden boards I'm hoping he wi get a good price. Is that price 49-150 per metre for the prefinished timbers? Just want to compare with the price he gives me

also it's my ppor so I will be careful not to use a mop to clean up! Thanx for the heads up

Back