For my thread "I'm now a moderator".

I recently put a thread explaining that I have become a moderator of a forum and that people can join for free.

Now I don't understand it to be taken down, when you consider Michael Yardney and everyone else that is allowed put there comments about there FREE seminars, FREE this FREE that and Amanda putting free links to her web site.

I'm one that never advertises and have an impeccable record at not doing it. I am telling investors about a great quality forum that I am learning a lot about and find that it's great for investors and it's FREE to join.

What is the difference? I was excited to become a Moderator and wanted to let people know about a great resource same as everyone else is doing.

If I'm wrong then a few people around this forum should to treated and their threads taken down which are of the same equal things, because it's supposed to be equal rights to everyone!

Hi

That is a disgusting double standard and it is crap like this that will kill this forum.

I am very disappointed to hear this.

Dale

I recently put a thread explaining that I have become a moderator of a forum and that people can join for free.

Now I don't understand it to be taken down, when you consider Michael Yardney and everyone else that is allowed put there comments about there FREE seminars, FREE this FREE that and Amanda putting free links to her web site.

I'm one that never advertises and have an impeccable record at not doing it. I am telling investors about a great quality forum that I am learning a lot about and find that it's great for investors and it's FREE to join.

What is the difference? I was excited to become a Moderator and wanted to let people know about a great resource same as everyone else is doing.

I am an investor that is totally not into spam I hate it and I practice not doing it and never do.

Somersoft I suppose you don't want the hundreds of people that I have sent to your web site from Jaffasoft.com from all the links I made to this forum from way back in the days when I made my positive or negative cashflow calculator hundreds used it.

My site and everything in it was FREE I hadn't been involved in anything commercial and didn't do any of it for money.

Every one should work in harmony I am becoming an astute knowledgable investor and learning more all the time. If your going to put down success and have a tall poppy syndrome then yous are not being very mature nor helping your own forum.

It's amazing the amount of people saying they have this and that for free to lure people to where these people are really 'geniunely' making money yet you let them. Which make me think it's your forum that it actaully corrupt, how do you explain your situation.

Let's clarify it for every!

That is a disgusting double standard and it is crap like this that will kill this forum.
There are no double standards Dale. When a post is reported as jaffasoft’s was, the moderators take action. You of all people should know that.

It will be replaced in due course if it is deemed as appropriate.

OK, well that's right system to use I guess. It's been reported by someone so your waiting on a deliberation.

It does say it's pending discussion, so well wait see the outcome, I hope you take into consideration what I have mentioned and explained about when make your decision.

It's not a threat to SS other forums as SS will always be the mother forum and a great one it is. This is just a small elite one :).

http://www.888abundance.com/forum/profile.php?mode=register&sid=7619a7a9149c3642a22bcbdd39b5de74

Subscription
Subscription to this forum is at the cost of $30 per year on registering as a normal member.
Corporate players who have a legitimate business interest, and want to participate on the forum from a business perspective, should contact the Administrator to discuss their proposal.

This would be the forum you're talking about, Jaffa? The one that charges $30 per year?

I was the one who said I consider the post spam. IMHO directing someone to a paid site is not the same as advertising free seminars. I don't believe that's a double standard. However, I'm not a mod: I've voiced my opinion of the post, and the mods can make a decision.
Alex

I read the post,
and thought it was enthusiastic, just as when somebody gets made up, moderator is a promotion,
(& JaffaSoft should shout the mess).
but not offensive or against policy,
it was free for a 6 month (i think) period so wasn't schilling for subscriptions,
in my opinion a sample of a paid product for free, is free.
anybody who stays after the free time must like it enough to stay I guess

Last edited:
http://www.888abundance.com/forum/profile.php?mode=register&sid=7619a7a9149c3642a22bcbdd39b5de74

Subscription
Subscription to this forum is at the cost of $30 per year on registering as a normal member.
Corporate players who have a legitimate business interest, and want to participate on the forum from a business perspective, should contact the Administrator to discuss their proposal.

This would be the forum you're talking about, Jaffa? The one that charges $30 per year?

I was the one who said I consider the post spam. IMHO directing someone to a paid site is not the same as advertising free seminars. I don't believe that's a double standard. However, I'm not a mod: I've voiced my opinion of the post, and the mods can make a decision.
Alex
I don't mind that you reported it and I'm glad you come forward to reason about it, always a great way!

I am offering people to join for free, so bypassing the normal system to pay $30 for six months then then can go and not continue with going to the forum, I'm offering that you can take advantage of it FREE for six months. Do you think Michael Yardney and sorry to use Michael Yardney as an example but that's someone familiar with an one of my role models the same as Dale and others, because there are someone I look to for example and great leadership in what there doing in there lives, that I know well in this forum. Do you think that he does not hold a FREE seminar so that then they will also offer other services while there and or when a mortgage broker says I will give you a free no obligation quote that is the same.

Put it this way if you went down the motor way and it cost you $2.50c each day then they said we will give you it for free but take this short route then wouldn't you take it, gee I did, i wasn't going to pay :).

Jaffasoft,

if you look at the reason for the deletion it says "pending discussion"; meaning the moderators are discussing your thread, and will deal with it accordingly at the conclusion of discussion.

IMHO, the moderation policy/system/proceedure in relation to the way complaints are dealt with is reverse about.

Moderation discussion first upon complaint, then subject to discussion outcome acted upon if post is deemed inappropriate and violates forum posting rules/regulation.

Not shoot first, questions second. Innocent until proven guilty.

Like I said , just my personal oppinion.

Hi Rix

Fwiw I take the opposite p.o.v.

I think it is important that mods retain the right to pull a thread immediately and then discuss about it themselves. If the decision is that the thread is ok, then it gets put back. If the thread isn't ok, then it's into the bin.

Surely it's best to be safe than sorry. A thread that exposes the forum to a defamation claim (as an example) is best nipped in the bud asap.

Regards

M :)
(for those that don't know / can't recall, I used to be a moderator here. Just declaring that in case I am accused of some conflict of interest or something).

Discussion is still possible prior tho.

Not always.

As I am sure you well know, threads can move very quickly and in unexpected directions.

While many moderators log on regularly, they're not required to - so it can be the case that at times there is only one, or none, mods around (remember too, mods are not not paid for the job).

I say let them use their judgement.

Sometimes they get it wrong, but mostly they get it right.

Not wanting to go so low as to tell stories about how it was "back in my day" as a mod - but I can think of one occasion I binned a thread only to have it reinstated by the group.

But on many more occasions I binned threads or posts and they were never seen of again.

More often than not, they get it right.

M

Geof, Ive always recognized you are a very good passive moderator and you handle a lot of issues very well.

And the system to almost take a thread down then have a little SS in house court hearing to see if it will be allowed or not is probably a good one. I can see that perhaps other forums could be seen as a threat but they are more like little select group that are starting up I don't think SS the Mother of them all will have any problems SS's support of smaller up starts shows good of Somersoft and a forum on a whole.

You know I always didn't want to take on a role of Moderator because I didn't like the idea of Police and I thought being a Moderator was being a Policemen. I guess I will come across all these sorts of issues myself soon, I actually haven't got a lot of time. I'm mainly just allocated the moderator of my regional town forum section! That's all it is. I'm the deputy of my regional township.

So lookout don't get out a line :) ;) .

I can see that perhaps other forums could be seen as a threat but they are more like little select group that are starting up I don't think SS the Mother of them all will have any problems SS's support of smaller up starts shows good of Somersoft and a forum on a whole.

Hi JS

I think you missed the point of why your thread was canned, albeit briefly.

It wasn't because of the percieved competition (although I have to admit, to post ads for an alternative forum is pretty poor judgement on your part) - it was the blatant advertising in the post (otherwise known as spam, not to mention the loss-leading / bait and switch nature of your offer).

In the other thread you said:

I'm going to offer that you can sign up for FREE for 6 month access, quick Shhhhhh . After that it's paid and that's the way we like it as we get genuine serious astute investors to join.

I don't pay for access to this or any other forum.

I guess that means I am not a "genuine serious astute investor", does it?

Though I beg to differ.

Fwiw, I predict that you'll get a flood of new members owing to the "free" offer. I also predict that the vast majority of those members will not convert over to paying customers. I've seen it happen before.

If you do want this new forum to succeed might I suggest that you put greater effort into the leigbitily, sorry legibility, of your posts.

The blunt truth is that no-one wants to pay to read something that is poorly written.

M

Last edited:
Back