Forgot phone at home .....

I'm addicted to my mobile. I just realised that. Withdrawals big time. :(

Have you been there?
No.

Have one, use it now and then, often leave it somewhere and find it days later...flat battery.

I have no friends though, and I'm not really that important.

I've left my mobile at home but didn't miss it.I use my phone just for incoming/outgoing calls but i suppose it may be different if you use it to peruse the net?

No.

Have one, use it now and then, often leave it somewhere and find it days later...flat battery.

I have no friends though, and I'm not really that important.

Don't you own & manage a business? Hopefully you're referring to your personal mobile and not your business one?

Don't you own & manage a business? Hopefully you're referring to your personal mobile and not your business one?
Yes; personal mobile.

Don't have a business mobile - not needed.

All the phone calls we receive for bookings, enquiries etc are to the business land line.

Recently implemented to rule with our friends that phones all go in a hat/fruitbowl/middle of the table at social events.

If anyone grabs theres during the dinner/drinks, you pickup the bill.

My girlfriend is 21 and her and all her friends struggle a lot with this rule. Have actual addictions to their phones.

CB-Zombies1.png

My son likes me to sit in the rocking chair next to his cot until he falls asleep. If I can't find my phone before then his bedtime waits until I find it.

Aren't you doing yourself a dis-service by not having a mobile for business?
Maybe, but I don't see how, really. When would they need to call it?

Legitimate question though; how could it benefit the business over and above a normal land-line?

Does anyone have a direct mobile phone number to say; a Holden or Ford or Hyundai, etc Dealership workshop/service area? I've never heard of it.

I guess I could take all the tyre pricelists home with me after work, and the booking diary as well, so folks could call me and make bookings and ask about tyres etc after hours...but who expects a mechanical workshop to be open after hours?

Having said that; I check the voicemail messages every Monday morning when I come in, and occasionally there is a message from someone on Saturday afternoon and even Sunday for a puncture repair, or the odd tyre blow-out - not worth being open all weekend for...did that in my previous career; no thanks.

We don't have an emergency call-out service or anything like that - and will never have one.

Plus; I currently work in the workshop 10 hours a day, 5 days a week plus Sat mornings as it is, and when I get home, my wife goes off to work 4 and 5 days out of the week, so I am Mr.Mom to 3 kids.

The last thing I want to be doing is answering the phone to an after-hours work-related call.

Hell; I don't even answer my home phone after hours....screened calls all the way.

Legitimate question though; how could it benefit the business?

Does anyone have a direct mobile phone number to say; a Holden or Ford or Hyundai, etc Dealership workshop/service area? I've never heard of it.

Yes,The dealership i go to,sends msg's as well as feedback ratings after service.Something to consider.

I drive to my factory and people walking across red lights oblivious while there on there phone.They also give you the dirty eye look or mouth off,hey i'm on my phone.

I enjoy stroller-ramming those walking in line with the cut-out section of pedestrian crossings as they walk directly toward me reading their phone. Is like a new form of playing chicken. With over 40kg of children and pram I generally win.

Back