Forgot phone at home .....

Recently implemented to rule with our friends that phones all go in a hat/fruitbowl/middle of the table at social events.

If anyone grabs theres during the dinner/drinks, you pickup the bill.

My girlfriend is 21 and her and all her friends struggle a lot with this rule. Have actual addictions to their phones.

I've actually been to a weeding where they collected mobiles

i rarely use my phone for calls
txt a bit to my partner during the day and use a fair bit of data web browsing, emails, etc.

Thanks all for responses. At one point in the day (first half) I was wondering how I will survive the day and whether I'd be in tears by the end of the day without the "smart phone fix". It's like a drug. But then I eventually took it easy !

digital detox isnt a bad thing

ta
rolf

Yeh. Need to detox more :eek:

In Canada, we have a landline (shared line with the other 4 units in our building..who are our adult kids)
Rob and I share our one mobile phone. He hates it, so I have it on me 99% of the time.
No camera, emails, texts...just a phone.

When we head for the airport in 2 weeks we give it to our employee for 'the business' and pick it up when we return next May.
Ahhh...7.5 months without a phone...fantastic.

I had the internet removed from my phone ... otherwise it'd be checking it a dozen times an hour whilst procrastinating

However - I always buy a phone with a good quality pixel camera, and that is my only camera - but it also means I've got my camera everywhere I go.

And it's our only phone (hubby has a work phone but it's for work only) - some days not a single call, some days (like when buying a property) never off it.

I'm feeling rather superior now because I constantly forget my phone and never notice. People often call and I don't respond for hours.

Or maybe that's just selfishness...

hA0DC2F71

^^^ BURST OUT LAUGHING AT THIS!!!!
"The arrival of a snippet of trivial text holds the promise of UNIMAGINED PLEASURE"

So True!

I don't have a smart phone either, I refuse, refuse, refuse to get one
My partner has all the latest IT gadgets to last us 10 lifetimes
Android phone, Ipad, Macbook, 4 notebooks staring at us all the time
He's constantly scanning twitter, RSS feeds, facebook accounts, gmail
and making swipe motions on every conceivable gadget he gets his hands on
even in front of the telly

I live in dread of the day he's going to "gift" me his current Smart phone to upgrade to the latest Google phone :p

Back