Help me save money

Hi All

I am finally getting off my a.rse and looking at phone packages and ways to try to streamline my phone bills/including foxtel.

I am going to bite the bullet and just look at all options. Am hoping that someone on SS has some perfect plan that is simple and that may suit my scenario below.

We currently have

3 mobiles with Telstra plan - $35 per month each

Home phone package/internet - $135 per month Optus
Unlimited internet/land line calls/mobile/Australia wide. (does not include o/seas calls)

Foxtel (Telstra) - $135 per month

Thank you:)

MTR

Hi All

Unlimited internet/land line calls/mobile/Australia wide. (does not include o/seas calls)

MTR

3 mobiles $35 per month, are they on a plan? if not for $30 you can pretty much get unlimited calls for $30, try lebara, or there are a few others for $35 depending on network

Home internet- get rid of the unimited calls feature, go with TPG or similar $50 per month for 500gb, which is pretty much unlimited, +$10 for phone line if naked or not

foxtel -$135!!!!!! insane, dunno how you can even get it that high
foxtels basic package is now $25 per month, +$25 for sports, go optus tv for a lot less.

Get rid of Foxtel! Buy an Apple TV box for $90 and you can get Neflix and Hulu Plus from the US for $7 each per month plus another $5 for a geoblocker like Unblock US. These two have more content than you could watch. You can get an AFL app (presuming you have the Foxtel sports package) for about $80 for the entire season.

Foxtel are changing their pricing in november so wait then to make changes. It will be heaps cheaper apparently.

Exetel does ADSL 2+ (500GB download) $29, $20 Phone line rental, $9.99 unlimited calls.
http://www.exetel.com.au/broadband/adsl

Phones nut much to be done but exetel and TPG do phones as well could see if they can bundle it.

Thanks

WillB

If you don't need Telstra's coverage then there are some very cheap resellers that use Optus Network. TPG is an example, $25 plan is likely to beat Telstra's $35 offering for value: http://www.tpg.com.au/mobile/plans or Amayasim's $20 plan: http://www.amaysim.com.au/mobile-plans.html

I have family that have Hulu & Netflix subscription, costs around $20 per month total. Takes a bit to setup, but probably much better value: http://www.netflixaustralianow.com.au/

I don't understand how people justify the cost of Foxtel.

I pay $50 a month for Adam Internet (200GB, which is heaps), then just add basic line plan for $25 and use mobiles for phone calls (one of the household heavy users could upgrade their mobile to the $45 unlimited Amaysim plan)?

The Foxtel changes only apply to the Basics package. So you just save $25. All the other add-on packages are the same price.

3 mobiles $35 per month, are they on a plan? if not for $30 you can pretty much get unlimited calls for $30, try lebara, or there are a few others for $35 depending on network

Home internet- get rid of the unimited calls feature, go with TPG or similar $50 per month for 500gb, which is pretty much unlimited, +$10 for phone line if naked or not

foxtel -$135!!!!!! insane, dunno how you can even get it that high
foxtels basic package is now $25 per month, +$25 for sports, go optus tv for a lot less.

OMG, I knew I could save money, but this much. How do you get foxtel so cheap, I don't understand $25 per month??
$35 per month is on a plan, so not unlimited calls

Get rid of Foxtel! Buy an Apple TV box for $90 and you can get Neflix and Hulu Plus from the US for $7 each per month plus another $5 for a geoblocker like Unblock US. These two have more content than you could watch. You can get an AFL app (presuming you have the Foxtel sports package) for about $80 for the entire season.

is this aviable for non apple products???

OMG, I knew I could save money, but this much. How do you get foxtel so cheap, I don't understand $25 per month??
$35 per month is on a plan, so not unlimited calls

yes, it all adds up espeicall in your case
you could put your entire family on lebara unlimted for $30 per month, then you would make all calls from the mobile, thus eliminating home phone costs, get rid of it unless you have a fax or have old relatives who need to call (or just get rid of the old relatives at teh same time ;o )

foxtel basic is $25, add $20 for sport, thats $45, I suspect add movies is $another $20, so $65 all up, like i said, not sure how you even got to $135 per month

TPG/Amaysim/lebara all have $20 per month plans with less then unlimited, if you have a family member that barely uses it, go the other smaller carriers that have $9 plans with small inclusisons, and leave one phone on the unlimited if you need to make calls,

its just a box that you can hook up to your TV with a hdmi cable. You dont need any apple products to use it, but one of the 'channels' is the Apple App store, but theres also Utube, netflix etc.

Change internet package to TPG unlimited, $60 a month unlimited
Remove foxtel
Download all the shows you watch from foxtel

I think phone plans are part of necessities, and plus it's 35 a month, fairly good deal already

Hi All

I am finally getting off my a.rse and looking at phone packages and ways to try to streamline my phone bills/including foxtel.

I am going to bite the bullet and just look at all options. Am hoping that someone on SS has some perfect plan that is simple and that may suit my scenario below.

We currently have

MTR

Telechoice have some good mobile packages example

Keeping an eye on this thread though re: internet as we are using E-Wire (poor service and customer service) speed is okay when working, recently taken over by FuzeConnect I think. Previously we were with Internode at another property and service/customer service was great, we had to start with e-wire here though as part of the property package

VOIP for home phone?

Last edited:
Back