Foxtel Connections

Hi everyone,

I tried to search but didn't come up with any results. Tenants are requesting for Foxtel connections to be installed (at their expense). Anyone have any thoughts regarding this and whether or not it would be an 'add value/add rent' option to a rental property even if very minimal? Any forseen issues also with drilling holes in the walls and what not?

Thanks.

Won't add any value and I'm doubtful it will increase the rent but it's a nice addition to have when listing the property for rent in the future. It will also keep your current tenants happy.

I can't think of any real negatives.

Cheers

Jamie

Good renting point, adds no value to rent, may add a tiny bit to property value as older complexes without foxtel access can turn off some buyers.

A foxtel connection will get your IP rented out before an IP without a foxtel.

Would also like to point out that a Mate of mine left his rental to find one with a foxtel connection.

You will be surprised that not may people know how to watch online. And even less people know how to watch online from the US or UK so they have to stick to foxtel

Some of us have slower Internet connections. It generally takes me four minutes to watch any minute of material on YouTube.

The connection is not going to be upgraded any time soon. They're holding back because of NBN.

Let them install it on the stipulation that all existing TV cabling is left untouched.
To save themselves an extra couple minutes I have had them cut off the TV cables above walls and use them as draw wires.

I'm with TPG as my internet provider and they provide access to some TV channels as part of the package. This doesn't count for you bandwidth either. But I have never bothered to set it up

you have to keep the installers on a short leash too... if it saves them time they will just conduit the external wall rather than chase it thru cavities etc. In one PPOR I wanted the dish on a second story with the cabling chased down to the data hub, was a bit of a mission but he did it and I was pleased I pushed him on it.

he did actually cut an existing cable to pull the new cable thru and reconnected it later.

Hi everyone,

I tried to search but didn't come up with any results. Tenants are requesting for Foxtel connections to be installed (at their expense). Anyone have any thoughts regarding this and whether or not it would be an 'add value/add rent' option to a rental property even if very minimal? Any forseen issues also with drilling holes in the walls and what not?

Thanks.

Have had the same scenario, not sure whether it would add value, but if tenants prepared to pay for it why not.

Cheers, MTR

With all or many of the TV shows available in the internet (legit) these days why would anyone want foxtel?

Terry
coz I am addicted to Serial Killer Sunday, I don't think you can get this on TV.

Also, we have some sport nuts in the family.

Cheers, MTR

PS
You were right the food in Japan was sooo cheap and soooo good.

Also, we have some sport nuts in the family.

You can get fox sports channels plus other sports channels free online and watch it live from anywhere in the world

Watch

Am. Football
Baseball
Basketball
Cricket
Cycling
Football
Golf
Icehockey
Motorsports
Rugby
Tennis
Horse Racing
Bowls
Badmington
Volley Ball
Alpine Skiing
Table Tennis
Hockey
World Snooker
Handball
Soccer

All broadcast Live. If you dont want to watch on your pc or laptop screen then stream it to your TV monitor instead.

You can get fox sports channels plus other sports channels free online and watch it live from anywhere in the world

Watch

Am. Football
Baseball
Basketball
Cricket
Cycling
Football
Golf
Icehockey
Motorsports
Rugby
Tennis
Horse Racing
Bowls
Badmington
Volley Ball
Alpine Skiing
Table Tennis
Hockey
World Snooker
Handball
Soccer

All broadcast Live. If you dont want to watch on your pc or laptop screen then stream it to your TV monitor instead.

Shhhhhhhhh
I aint getting rid of fox;)

Back