Frankston North Auction

The following is directed at the two agents who are frequenting these threads

Why should agents advertise there mobile number?

Because agents are in the business of sales and have a duty to the seller. And also because the customer is always right and deserves courtesy. One house for sale in NF was on the market for ages and the agent refused to return my calls and refused to disclose his mobile number in adverts or to even take an offer on paper when I went to see him. Pretty bad manners if you ask me.

Yes, buy property in Frankston by all means, a lot of it is pretty cheap. But be aware that agents are a twisted bunch whose only loyalty is to themselves.

Your like the boy who cries wolf. You cry wolf so much that no one believes a thing you say, even if there is a wolf.

That's fine, my conscience is clear. I'm not a commissioned agent, I am an investor with a regular job. I tell it like I see it.

Caveat emptor. The agent who smiles at you as you sign will have no time for you once the deal is done. If you can get used to that, by all means invest in Frankston - there is some good value around. But remember, you may buy cheaply but you may also have to sell cheaply when the local agents jerk you around with their games and price conditioning.

As an agent, don't you care why people are upset with industry participants like you?

I haven't worked as an agent for 4 years, so I no longer consider myself one. That said, I very rarely worked with agents in my 19 years of 'commission only' sales where the focus wasn't souly about achieving the best possible price for the vendor within their specified terms. I always knew who I worked for, although I also never abrogated my responsibilty to purchasers.

Your misguided burblings are borne from a paranoid nature, a wild imagination, or inflated self-importance.

Like anything though, many agents are poor. It's a somewhat transient career, where it's not hard to get a sub-agents licence, so unfortunately there will be riffraff attracted to the industry. I mean, how many times have you heard people say "I tried real estate once" ?

Quality agencies tend to attract quality people. And the rest get sorted out pretty quickly.

Last edited:
Setting aside the anti-agent sentiment for a moment, does anyone have any good links to post?

Well, you are an agent - is there anything useful you can share with the rest of us? Be gracious if you have wisdom to share. (That's a big if I guess).

What can you share Bobbie? Just out of interest, what area do you live in?

Not sure if all the information is correct as I thought it was only a half block, but anyway here's what I found.

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...t=&header=&cc=&c=86478781&s=vic&tm=1258350727

Apparently it's around a 627 sq metre block for $117,000. If this is true, it seems like a good block to buy and put two units on as it's above 600sq metres (not sure about this part though as I thought there was a house and a vacant block, but anyway).

So there's a potential baragin for developers, but probably need to do your homework on it.

Wow Pickle-Pickle. You have posted something good for a change. If true (and its a big if because one can't usually trust Frankston agents) then its an outstanding buy!

Credit where credit is due.....on the face of things Pickle-Pickle has spotted a beauty.

Just out of interest, what area do you live in?
I'm in the UK, living in a hotel that costs me more than your weekly salary. Here for a whole year old chum. Whilst you whined about the GFC and the marina prospects, lots of UK buyers pounced in your neck of the woods. Pity you didn't notice. Stick to the Unix, Pascal etc. It's very you. In 5 years time you'll be kicking yourself for knocking Frankston.

Ah old boy. If you read my posts, I have not been knocking Frankston. So how does one with limited intellect afford to live in hotels in London. Enlighten us?

I am sure he means "Goal". There is a special place for people like bobbie and he is right about the tax invoices and all the exorbitant costs. It does costs tax payers and government a lot of money to house people like him there :D

So can anyone tell me what this reached?

Quoted at 260+ at 15 WIRILDA CRESCENT which seems to be 'in the enclave'.​

I can't seem to find its result listed anywhere.

Oh I see. Original auction date was 7 November. No wonder. Haven't been looking at forthcoming only sales. I see there's a second auction scheduled too. 23 MORETON STREET this Saturday. Auction Fever!! lol

Back