Frankston North

I'm interested in people's opinions on the best main street of Frankston North. From my observation I rank them in this order.

Forest Drive
Excelsior Drive
Moreton St
Monterey Bvd
Rosemary Cres

Anyone got a different opinion?

Rosemary Crescent now one of the only streets still with Housing Commission owned houses/flats.
I prefer Seaford Rd end near Seaford Hotel. Locals in this area don't consider themselves 'Pines'. Look at Mitre Crescent, Bursaria Crescent and anything running off Excelsior. Very handy for shops and getting to beach. Median price on relestate.com.au is now $295k. I'd say it's a touch above that.

Things are picking up in Frankston North. Alot more sales, one on the weekend sold for $300k
Council seem to be lining more streets with trees and doing alot of work in the Parks. Happy to see

Rosemary Crescent now one of the only streets still with Housing Commission owned houses/flats.
I prefer Seaford Rd end near Seaford Hotel. Locals in this area don't consider themselves 'Pines'. Look at Mitre Crescent, Bursaria Crescent and anything running off Excelsior. Very handy for shops and getting to beach. Median price on relestate.com.au is now $295k. I'd say it's a touch above that.

I like Pine St as they are big blocks that back onto the golf course. Very long term you could build double story & get great views. I think really there are better suburbs than Franksont North, I've had a couple of properties in there over the last 10 years (got into the whole land is better than buildings crap) but while return was ok my inner suburb units performed much better both on rental yield & capital growth.

I like Pine St as they are big blocks that back onto the golf course. Very long term you could build double story & get great views. I think really there are better suburbs than Franksont North, I've had a couple of properties in there over the last 10 years (got into the whole land is better than buildings crap) but while return was ok my inner suburb units performed much better both on rental yield & capital growth.

Fair points but not everyone can afford to buy and invest inner city from the get go.

For Melbourne yields in Frankston North seem pretty good. For rental yield are you taking into account body corporate fees? If you are just looking at rent vs. price I would want units to have a higher yield as generally they have more expenses like body corporate.

As for capital growth, I find inner city properties are more volitale. Also I just hate the idea of investing in units. (unless you own the whole lot)

Wow,pickle, that could be my place, give or take a few things. Same floor layout, I have ducted heating, evap cooling and build in robes. There is also a back decking and the laundry has been relocated out there, leaving a back entry (which this place seems to be missing). With a new kitchen, and bathroom fittings, its nice to know that this is roughly what I could get for my old home......gotta love it.

If you look at the position of Frankston North compared to most of Frankston, generally it is in a better position. Closer to Melbourne CBD. I expect in time Frankston North will be worth more than Karringal. No surprises for me.

If you look at the position of Frankston North compared to most of Frankston, generally it is in a better position. Closer to Melbourne CBD. I expect in time Frankston North will be worth more than Karringal. No surprises for me.

I agree, Frankston North is in a better place than Karingal. It's closer to the beach and Melbourne. It's also has fantastic access to Eastlink

Hopefully St. Kilda moving into the new facility in the early year will help Frankston North property prices. I suppose there would be a chance for that to happen?!? :confused:

I agree, Frankston North is in a better place than Karingal. It's closer to the beach and Melbourne. It's also has fantastic access to Eastlink

I wouldn't go as far as that. Karingal in Frankston is yet another huge mispriced area with potential for growth, mainly thanks to the plethora of older houses on dual occ blocks. Plenty of room for capital gain in both areas, seeing they are both priced almost $200,000 below the greater Melbourne median.

Back