Frankston North

If it's been around for a while and going stale, they might de-list and re-list to reset the "visit/views" counter. It is at 92 hits when I just looked, so it is perceived as fresh to those who are unaware.

in reference to a post maybe 10 or so posts ago, i was just referring to the fact that I found that ad to be really disturbing, ive seen a fair few ads in that suburb and I know agents will try anything, but I found this one quite disgusting.....

I know agents relist/delist to make it appear fresh, I can't tell if this one is old because there aren't any photos...
Ive also seen agetns change the price so that it comes up under "Latest Listing"
so I think it may be one that is up for the first time..

The more I look at it I really do see Frankston North as the best possible place to invest in Residential property in Vic. Where else can you invest in a good size block 1-2km from the beach 35km from Melbourne CBD for $250k
Let the good times roll

that's great/

I know there is a Frankston thread but I think Frankston North deserves it's own thread with all the great changes that are going on there.

I just purchased my first Property in Frankston North for $218k
It's a nice 4 bedroom house on a flat regular shaped 715sqm block. Double Garage! At first I was a bit nervous about moving into the place for 6 months so I could get the FHBG but after spending a week there I love it. This area seems to quickly be losing it's stigma. People are taking pride in their homes and there only seems to be 1 or 2 bad eggs in most streets. It's on the Northern Fringe. Across from the Seaford Hotel...... this really is a great place for First Home Buyers to Purchase. In my street the Neighbours are very friendly and you don't really see anyone

It's 1 km from Eastlink, 2.5km to Seaford Beach down Seaford Rd and we have Aldi, IGA, Pizza shops, Fish & Chip shop, Chemist, Dry Cleaner, McDonalds, Child care, Schools, Hairdressers, Doctors, Service Station all at the end of the Street. Regular bus service to Frankston & Dandenong down Frankston Dandenong Rd.....
St. Kilda Footy Club are moving in behind the Belvedere Shops 400m down the road and we are also getting a new Frankston Bypass soon around the back of here.
Been speaking with Council and they are very keen to do more improvements around the Northern Tip including streetscape works on Frankston Dandenong Rd and tree planting....
I'm hoping this momentum continues!!!
Anyone else have investment property here?
What a bargain. I have friends looking to buy in Frankston South at the moment, I'm going to suggest that they starting looking at Frankston North. That is so cheap, especially considering how close it is to everything.

sorry to bring up an old thread,

im not really looking at the north but one property has sort of tweaked my interest, its got the golf course right behind it,

does having a golf course a PLUS or a negative, I guess you have green green green but I guess you have the chances of golf balls coming flying in! but im not too sure the type of people living there will care too much!

I thought having a golf course at the back would be a negative as there are threats of golf balls hitting the house. However I spoke to someone about it and they seemed to think it would be good.

The house that I think you are referring to sold pretty quickly and was advertised at $240,000-$250,000. In my opinion the house wasn't anything special with similar houses (minus the golf course) advertised at $235,000 and still not sold.

It is something different. I guess it's good.

Looks like Frankston North is going great guns, i'm tipping middle of next year we will see prices hit the $300k mark. Even Carrum Downs & Rowville are picking up with Eastlink

I heard today that a unit in Farnkston North sold for $319,000.

Do you have a link to that sale or know the address or the size of building/ land ?

There are hardly any units in Frankston North and any new property (units) will get a top price. Prices overall have moved up very significantly in Frankston North - Majority of stock listed is over $270k - Wind the clock back 6 months and you get over 15% growth just in the last 6 months.

This will translate into more new units/ sub divisions coming in the area with higher price points; both for sale value and rent which brings in better quality tenant and improves the street scape - in turn helping the gentrification of the area gradually.

It was a big anamoly with Frankston North values dramatically lower than the surrounding areas and the fact that the values here have risen faster than Frankston or Seaford (in % terms) is an indicator that this aberration is going to be corrected and prices there will only have a minor difference to surrounding areas in years to come.

My opinion is that we will still see Frankston North values appreciating faster in % terms (for foreseeable future) than Frankston/ Frankston South or Seaford for the above reason.

Harris

a record price

Even at $319 000, this is cheap given relative to Melb prices for brand new full-brick units (I hate the cheaper non-brick junk they build with in areas like Carrum Downs etc).

Owners: if you own locally, the agent has done well to achieve a record price and deserves your business.

My only complaint is that the builder should have spent and extra $50 to color the concrete driveway - the plain concrete tends to get stained over the years.

Here's the link for current North Frankston houses for sale.
http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...STON+NORTH&pm=&px=&pme=any&pxe=any&cat=&o=def

Few agents bother to mention if houses for sale have dual occ potential. To qualify as a potential dual occ, the land size usually (but not always) has to be over 600sqm. The best North Frankston properties are the ones where one can retain the front home and build at the back. These should normally sell for a premium.

According to the age the unit went for $312,000. Still a very impressive result. Actually all the results were pretty good (though the house that reported the all were better than the average frankston north home).

To people interested in Frankston North, below that seems to be run by people in the Frankston North community.

http://frankstonnorth.vic.au/

According to the age the unit went for $312,000. Still a very impressive result. Actually all the results were pretty good (though the house that reported the all were better than the average frankston north home).

To people interested in Frankston North, below that seems to be run by people in the Frankston North community.

http://frankstonnorth.vic.au/

I inspected this one. OK layout but quite dodgy finishing I thought. If winter is bad it will be rather drafty. Parking options a pain as well. That said, of course it's worth what someone paid which bodes well for others who do as good or a better job of doing their subdivisions.

I purchased my place in the same street for $218k just over 1yr ago. It's on a big 715sqm regular shaped block. I'm looking to sub-divide also. Very happy with the growth, people told me I was crazy to buy in Frankston Nth. My only regret is I didn't buy 2

I inspected this one. OK layout but quite dodgy finishing I thought. If winter is bad it will be rather drafty. Parking options a pain as well. That said, of course it's worth what someone paid which bodes well for others who do as good or a better job of doing their subdivisions.

Hello all

Most likely the wrong thread :p but just wondering what you think a ball park figure would have been to build this particular unit we are talking about? I too purshased a home in North Franga in the same area and currently reside there. It might pay to start toying with the idea of the subdivision!

Wish I had have been in a position to purchase another property in the area at the same time!!

Regards

PL

Back