Frankston North

Ditto.. I believe both Melton and Werribee are safe suburbs. They are better than Frankston and Craigieburn where civilians are attacked. The whole vicinity of Craigieburn and Frankston is dodgy..

Don't think only about distance from CBD and travel times, think about your safety also.

I tend to think Frankston dodgy is lower level than North/West dodgy. Not that I have walked the streets at Frankston at night time, but I guess I might be able to compare it to Dandenong at night which I would be fine with except I would feel dodgy walking at night but know my life wouldn't be in danger.

When I walked some suburbs in the West at night I feel like yes walking at night is high level dodgy, ie. will this person want to kill me.... :eek:

With an increase to population this will only get worse:

http://wyndham-leader.whereilive.com.au/news/story/gang-bashing-in-werribee/

http://melton-leader.whereilive.com.au/news/story/station-a-risk-says-melton-councillor/

You've obviously got a vested interest in these suburbs. I believe the whole of the Northern and Western suburbs are dodgy... tit for tat.

Well theres stabbings and happenings at Clayton train station and Noble Park train station, but of course with the more rougher ppl out in the West more chance of that happening, but theres dodgy everywhere... Some less than others.

Honestly, I wouldn't even walk down the street in suburbs like Sunshine and Broadmeadows during the day, I lived in Frankston North for some time and it isn't that bad at all. Mainly old people who keep to themselves

...nothing wrong with 3200, kids going to school and parks, and oldies getting about. I'm living there currently, pretty quiet actually.

There were just a few teenagers mucking about on trail bikes Sunday arvo...a bit of noise, no big deal.

Anytime there is actual trouble, "...offenders are known to each other". I've never felt unsafe. People wave and smile, and talk rubbish just like anywhere.

I must stress it's not everyone's cup of tea, as the locale generally needs some TLC. The southern part has had some new units go up, and a few old fibros knocked down, and there's some construction currently, so it's looking a bit "nicer".

It's clearly an area with some issues, although it's not as bad as everyone makes out. If you're thinking of buying, go speak to some shop owners and they'll say the same thing.

What I've noticed about Frankston North at the moment is that properties don't seem to be selling very fast at the moment (probably a Melbourne issue), however there seems to be a lack of rental properties on the market.

If the rental demand keeps up at current pace, surely there will be demand for the properties and thus the demand in buying properties will pick up.

What I've noticed about Frankston North at the moment is that properties don't seem to be selling very fast at the moment (probably a Melbourne issue), however there seems to be a lack of rental properties on the market.

If the rental demand keeps up at current pace, surely there will be demand for the properties and thus the demand in buying properties will pick up.

Hmmm... There's certainly no shortage of rentals in Frankston though. Why would renters prefer to rent in 3200?

frankston north and melton

Would you prefer to live in Melton or Frankston. Both areas are around 40km away from the city. Werribee is around 10km closer. However Werribee is very close to a water treatment plant. As for Craigburn, it maybe 25km away from the city however at the moment the only freeway to the city from Craigburn is the ring road which requires a detour. I would hate to be on Sydeny Road in peak hour.

Besides Werribee the other areas (especially Melton) I can't see being worth more than Frankston in the long term. Also there are better suburbs near Craigburn that I prefer, IE. Dallas.

i agree with you in the case of frankston (even frankston north) being better CG performer in the long run then melton south

As frankston north is close to the bay ,cheap, and there is land shortage comparing to melton south , however the the only concern i have in regards of frankston (according to statistics ) the popullation does not seem to be growing big and do not know the reason and how reliable are these statistics .
Home - Frankston City - Frankston City 2006 to 2031 - Forecast.id®

what is your opinion on that if you do not mind.

Alot of people probably don't realise there are still affordable areas in the s/e like Frankston North where you can still buy a house on a massive block for $300k.

There are many drivers of population growth. Reason why areas like Melton are growing so fast is because of available land.

While there is some available land in Frankston, there isn't nearly as much as in other areas.

The other push of population growth within a local area are building of units. While there is some units being built, there doesn't seem to the huge scale ones (like near the city) that will produce huge population growth.

However just because a council area in Melbourne isn't growing population rise, dosesn't really concern me for capital growth.

Frankston's potential is in demographic changes.

Hi everyone,
wow took me ages to read through this whole thread! I wished I had read this thread about a week ago when houses were really cheap. I'm looking at buying my first investment property, and I was thinking either Narre Warren area or Frankston area. Does anyone still think its worth while to buy now considering prices have gone up? I only wanted to spend around $300k and alot of the decent houses are going for $350k-$400k.

If I do decide to buy, which area should I avoid? I know the commission homes are on the east side of the Frankston Fwy, right? Should i look for houses on the west side of the fwy, where the beaches are?

Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks

On the whole, Melbourne property prices seem to be overvalued compared with all other Australian capital cities. Melbourne has had its boom. The average rental return is the lowest in Melbourne compared to other capital cities.

Is the property you are looking at just for investment? If it is an area that I really like a lot is Ballarat. Properties under 200k, has a population of nearly 100,000 and is close to Melbourne, so can be a satellite city.

If you are looking to live in Naree Warren and Frankston are decent areas. I don't mind Narree Warren. Look at both areas and see where you can get the best deal. As for investment in those areas, in the long term you'll do well, however short term, it could be an interesting ride.

Thanks for your reply Pickle. I already own a PPOR so this will be an investment property. Are you saying that I probably shouldnt buy in Frankston? Can you also elaborate on the 'interesting ride', I would like to understand what you mean? Thanks

Local agents won't come knocking on your door offering you underpriced gems - you have to spot the good deals online and haggle with them. This takes a bit of patience but can be very worthwhile.

If you sound respectable and cashed-up, local agents will be more helpful than they would otherwise be with the rest of the tyre-kickers who badger them. Believe me, there are a few good deals to be found! Not just in North Frankston, there are also a few diamonds in Frankston and on the non-beachside side of Seaford. Do the work!

Take a look at this! How can it not double in 5 years? http://www.domain.com.au/Property/For-Sale/House/VIC/Frankston-North/?adid=2008524709

Thanks Meconium for the advice. I def will try and do the work. I just need someone to point me in the right direction. Do I just keep scouting houses on realestate and domain, or do you think I need to go to a few real estate places in Frankston and speak to them? Do I need to do many house inspections to get a good idea of what is a good price and what is not? How do I research the area to know which section is good and which section to steer clear off?

Sorry I've never done this before so I have no clue as to where to start. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

That's $40 - $50k over median price, how so? Big block or bungalow?

4br would be a part of it and it's brick. Block isn't massive, 680m2. Tucked away nicely in quiet court location and the house is well presented.

I don't think the median price is a fair indication for 3200, there's so many fibro-homes that said pricing distorts the rest of the market - just my opinion.

Back