Frankston - the most talked about suburb on Somersoft

Sorry just couldn't help myself. Seems like the latest craze here is starting thread on Frankston, thought I'd join the party :rolleyes:

Bob, you just started that other thread! Who are you? How many personalities do you have?

I was just about to start a thread like this and you beat me to it familor.

I have written that it may be overexposed with investors.

You could not pay me to buy there.

unless it was really, really, really cheap........:D

Regards Jo

I'm sure he is, I'm just having a bit of fun.:D Harmless I hope.

If there were threads about Scarborough QLD everywhere I would be like you guys as I have alot of passion for that particular suburb.

Regards JO

Never been anywhere near Frankston (except on the Spirit of Tasmania),so don't really have an opinion of it.

I just felt a little left out not having my own Frankston thread like everyone else :p

i would have thought with an approved marina, the fact it's one of the CHEAPEST beachside suburbs and is earmarked by the Vic and Fed govt for the Transit City 2030 plan makes it a shoe-in....

add to that all this negativity keeing prices down and...well, sounds like somewhere to lok.

like Armadale/Kelmscott 10 years ago.

I have owned a business in Frankston City for over 4 years and can tell you that the city has changed a lot in that time. Many of the druggies are gone from the station and the rest of town. Just last week there was a police raid in the area..they had the drug dogs out and they are obviously very keen to kick the zombies out of town! Great news for me as a business owner! Plenty of works going on right now to improve the train station.

My kids have grown up here and we reckon it is great. Awesome beaches..awesome shopping..great schools..down to earth locals..what else do you need?

From an investing point of view..my POPR is in Frankston as well as a couple of IP's...I have seen real growth over 10 years with my investments...and Frankston will boom..mark my words...too much going on here for it not to.

I have owned a business in Frankston City for over 4 years and can tell you that the city has changed a lot in that time. Many of the druggies are gone from the station and the rest of town. Just last week there was a police raid in the area..they had the drug dogs out and they are obviously very keen to kick the zombies out of town! Great news for me as a business owner! Plenty of works going on right now to improve the train station.

My kids have grown up here and we reckon it is great. Awesome beaches..awesome shopping..great schools..down to earth locals..what else do you need?

From an investing point of view..my POPR is in Frankston as well as a couple of IP's...I have seen real growth over 10 years with my investments...and Frankston will boom..mark my words...too much going on here for it not to.

Well said! I agree completely.

We chose and prefer Frankston as the place to live, over a large majority of the rest of Melbourne. Being closer to Melbourne City is not a good enough reason to pay thousands more for a PPOR, in my book.

Typically, people denigrate without doing their own research. Herd mentality.

It couldn't be more plainly obvious in my eyes, how even better this place will become. :)

I just hope I can afford another House in Frankston before all the Johnny come latelys start buying up and pushing the prices through the roof.

Meh, can't believe I'm actually posting this but as much as i LOVE living in Frankston i am actually sick of reading about it on this forum. Would be more than happy for some other suburb to be elevated to "Hot spot" status for a while........ Ringwood? Anyone?;)

Fair enought but what does Ringwood have going for it? When it comes to lifestyle you can't beat living between Sandringham and Frankston. Growing up myself by the Bay I really couldn't imagine living anywhere else. Location wise I see Frankston Nth as the most undervalued area in Vic. This area really is undergoing major changes

Back