Frankston VIC: Australia's Cheapest Marina Suburb?

Thank you for your courtesy in abiding by forum rules.

there is also another 2 threads about frankston without another one in there,

I managed to read all 54 pages or so of it, and its basically got everything in there, except stuff thats happened in the past few weeks

Agreed, but if you have been keeping up with this thread you would have noticed the irony. The street this murder occurred in is the one that Bayview lived off for 7 months. That is why I posted the link.

I think you are talking about someone else.

I haven't lived in Sydney since I was about 5 years old - in Blacktown.

Just curious as to why an agent must disclose the median sale price to prospective purchasers? I can't recall anywhere in the sale of land act or relelvent statutory regulations that state an agent must disclose the median price.

They don't have to.

In fact; if it is a negative about the place - they will usually never disclose it.

The energy your putting into this astounds me, as investors we invest in things we think will improve have growth make us money. I don't understand why an investor would waste so much time and energy on negative opinion
Move on buddy

I'll keep replying buddy as I have plenty of time. Did you read about the murder and comments from the locals about the the street you lived in?

childish games agents play

Funkysouth & Frankstonite are underemployed real estate agents who are shooting themselves in the foot by playing games with homeowners. They should be knocking on doors getting listings or, that failing, be out there driving taxis. The latter would suit them better - maybe its time to find more honest work guys? There's more dignity in driving cabs than in scamming people through real estate shenanigans.

Funkysouth - buyers and sellers need to know the median when making decisions to invest or divest. It's pretty dishonest to withold this information from them. The law has nothing to do with it. But Frankston agents aren't known for being honest so one shouldn't expect too much from them, the only time they discover ethics is when they are compelled by law.. Funky, weren't you the man predicting the death of the market earlier this year? The markets are now booming and you have egg on your face. Maybe its time to concentrate on your clients as you have no idea about financial markets matey. Or if you cant do that, maybe get back to cab driving?

Frankston is great, how can people not see that?

Thats a very philosophical way of looking at things Bayview. Good on you for having the foresight to get in early. Schadenfreude doesnt exist in my vocabulary - I am more than happy to learn from intelligent people who are successful at what they do. Wasn't it Issac Newton who said: If I see so far, it is because I have stood on the shoulders of giants.

The last Frankston thread was great. But it got split in two and the second part was not as intellectually coherent as the first. This new thread is specifically for people who already invest in Frankston or plan to do so. I'm hoping there will be less off-topic sniping on this thread by naysayers who don't see the light as we do. Visit us in 10 years time when our yachts are berthed at the marina.

On a more personal note to those who own locally: should I build at the back of my new North Frankston property (after it settles)? Have any of you Frankstonites done that? Do you think dual-occ sites will outperform ordinary houses in Frankston & surrounds over the next 10 years?

I will be buying more & have had two offers rejected because I'm too tightfisted to pay too much. There's still value to be had out there and I'm happy to wait for low-cost bargains to materialize.
I dont think you can go wrong with Frankston, bargain.

I'm a Frankston real estate agent and I share the anger that other real estate agents here feel. I will happily admit to being an agent, I'm proud of my job. I wont be silent when you people knock us and stop us from defending ourselves. The recent twitter campaign against real estate agents here has made most of us very upset and we will not take it lying down. It is the last straw.

Some points brought up by others need adressing:

1. I don't need to own property to know about property! Although I don't own my own home, that doesn't mean I am sub-human or incompetent. In my case bad credit stopped me from getting a bank lone but I am not going to be put off by that. Just because I don't own my home doesn't mean I can't be trusted or relied upon to work hard. Personally, I think nobody should own more than one house. So called "investors" aren't interested in helping anyone but themselves. You people do nothing for the community and drive up prices so the rest of us cant afford to own our own homes.

2. Why should I or my co-workers tell buyers or sellers the median price? Telling them such things isn't required by law, as another agent here pointed out. Buyers and sellers who want this information can purchase the data from popular websites. Ordinary mum and dad buyers arent interested in median prices. Its only greedy investors who monetize home ownership in such a way.
Theres more to a home than numbers.

3. Granted that many blocks in Frankston & surrounds are good for development, thanks to Frankston council's pro-development attitude. But is development what we need? I'm not required by law to advertise a houses highest and best zoning use when selling it. From what I see, Buyers are more interested in kitchens, bathrooms and gardens etc than development. Development obsessed buyers or investors should do their own work and stop blaming agents.

4. Why should we agents tell buyers & sellers about the marina? Its not my job to advertise it. Everyone knows it will be built eventually - don't you read the newspapers? I grant you that marina suburbs in other cities sell at high prices. But that doesn't mean Frankston will be the same once the marina is built. Only time will tell. I don't have a cystal ball. I avoid telling people about the marina as it attracts the wrong sort of people to the area. Frankston is afffordable now. But developers & there marina could change that and I don't think that is in the communitys interest.

Do you people know how hard it is to sell a house? Probably you don't.
Walk a mile in my shoes and see how it feels.

Again, can one of you know-it-all's explain how a real estate agent talking Frankston down would be beneficial to them?

Yeah, agree.

it's such a totally ridiculous statement that they would even consider it.

It's basically saying "hey; let's take a pay cut every sale we make".

Last edited:
I don't need to own property to know about property!
That is true.

Although I don't own my own home, that doesn't mean I am sub-human or incompetent. In my case bad credit stopped me from getting a bank lone
Either that or you couldn't fill out the loan app. with those spelling/grammatical mistakes - it is "loan" not "lone". I'm apologise - you are taking a swipe - here's one back at ya!:D

Just because I don't own my home doesn't mean I can't be trusted or relied upon to work hard.
That's true

Personally, I think nobody should own more than one house.
OK - so you're a communist. I can deal with that, you are entitled to your opinion just like us capitalists.

So called "investors" aren't interested in helping anyone but themselves.
That is a sweeping generalisation. Many investors do it for not only themselves but also more importantly their families. Many also give back to their community.

You people do nothing for the community
You don't know that to be true - you should not say it.

and drive up prices so the rest of us cant afford to own our own homes.
That just sounds like sour grapes. The market does what the market does - it does not do it to YOU.

Why should I or my co-workers tell buyers or sellers the median price? Telling them such things isn't required by law, as another agent here pointed out. Buyers and sellers who want this information can purchase the data from popular websites.
That's true. In fact it is freely available from a number of sites - you don't even have to purchase it.

Ordinary mum and dad buyers arent interested in median prices.
That's true.

Its only greedy investors who monetize home ownership in such a way.
What about the non-greedy investors? As a non-greedy investor I still want to know. You need to realise that poor people monetize home ownership, so do rich people, so do.....well you get the idea.

Theres more to a home than numbers.
To an owner occupier - Yes that's true. You are starting to sound like Kerrigan's lawyer from The Castle. ;) But to an investor - it is all about the numbers.

I'm not required by law to advertise a houses highest and best zoning use when selling it. From what I see, Buyers are more interested in kitchens, bathrooms and gardens etc than development.
OO's - Yes. PI's - No.

Development obsessed buyers or investors should do their own work and stop blaming agents.
Yes, I agree.

Why should we agents tell buyers & sellers about the marina? Its not my job to advertise it.
Yes, that's true. UNLESS it helps persuade a buyer to buy so you can actually do the job your vendor hired you to do.

I avoid telling people about the marina as it attracts the wrong sort of people to the area.
Pray tell, what are "the wrong sort of people"? People are people - get over it.

Frankston is afffordable now. But developers & there marina could change that and I don't think that is in the communitys interest.
One could take the view that when the "bogans" are priced out of the area, it will improve things....but that would be a very judgmental thing to say.

Having been an agent, yes I know. It can be hard in certain times, but those times are not now. At present it is relatively easy.

No thanks. I could not cope with a "bad credit" tag on my file. I'm too addicted to my Black Platinum Visa that I've used to put deposits on a few properties. How much do you want for Frankston? Can you do a discount for a bulk purchase?

Personally, I think nobody should own more than one house. So called "investors" aren't interested in helping anyone but themselves. You people do nothing for the community and drive up prices so the rest of us cant afford to own our own homes.
Until this part of your statement, I thought you did have a bit of a clue - even though you don't own any property.

But as it turns out; I think I may have been wrong.

If everyone only owned one house, there would be millions of people unable to find a rental property to rent. Lucky for you that some of us take a risk and try to improve our lives and buy a few to provide more of these lovely rentals that you live in.

We do plenty for the community - we keep YOU in a job for a start with our purchases from YOUR Vendors who pay YOUR commission.

Our activities of buying and selling contribute many millions of dollars of Stamp Duty and Cap Gains Tax to the Gubmint.

And so on.

As for driving up prices - we don't set the prices - you and your Vendors do.

We actually try to get the prices down to improve our cashflows. At least; I do.

If you were a property owner and/or investor and a professional agent with some experience you would know that.

So now we find out Frankstonite is Frankstonagent, I can't believe you have opened up another account. So lame, this thread really does stink

You people do nothing for the community and drive up prices so the rest of us cant afford to own our own homes.

First of all yes I know how hard it can be to sell a house but happily I sold another one today and having worked all long weekend I have worn out my own shoes never mind anyone elses!

Second of all as a brand new poster knowing nothing about our little community on here we are wondering what your contributions to the community may have been? Mine include amongst other things giving a home to a 16 year old 4 years ago when he was about to run away to Sydney to get away from his druggie mum and latest in a long line of 'stepdads'. Paying to put him through TAFE for 2 years and supporting him in establishing his career as a trainee manager for Woolies.

Finally are you saying that you stand by your high morals and don't sell houses to property investors? Seems a bit unfair then to deprive your sellers of potential purchasers, why not mention which agency you are with and investors can be sure to go elsewhere to make their purchases.

So now we find out Frankstonite is Frankstonagent, I can't believe you have opened up another account. So lame, this thread really does stink

Ha ha, you aren't that smart are you? Next time you are down this way let me know and we can meet up so that I can back up what I've been saying. Like I offered in an earlier a post, more than happy to shed light for blind ppl like yourself on the issues I have discussed.

Oh, and by the way, I have several properties. :D

One other thing, you say that I pretend to be someone I'm not, can you tell me, are you Sam or are you Terry?

I'm confused, your profile says Terry but you sign your PMs Sam? :confused:

Back