Freedom of speech on this forum

Hi Sunfish

I don't know about your "right to know"- after all this is a public forum, not a family- though sometimes it appears that way :)
My comment wasn't well received was it? :)

The point I tried to make was: If I was doing business with someone I would like to know past criminal history. I wasn't suggesting that this forum is somehow duty-bound to inform me, but it is still an appropriate place for it to be kept on record.

My comment wasn't well received was it? :)

The point I tried to make was: If I was doing business with someone I would like to know past criminal history. I wasn't suggesting that this forum is somehow duty-bound to inform me, but it is still an appropriate place for it to be kept on record.

Agree 100% and it is on record in past posts- as above.

Hi Sunfish

and I think his response on this very forum back in 2001 is probably still in the archives somewhere - here it is http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1800&highlight=michael+yardney+doctor

I know bugger all about what happened years ago on here but i do know pointing a thread with a link to a newspaper article is fraught with issues to be honest.

Since when do media outlets print 100% fact? Not too often.

If someone is going to run the crim record issue they should get the info from coppers and pay for it.....

News articles are mere speculation and may in fact may not be factual.

Since when do media outlets print 100% fact? Not too often.

If someone is going to run the crim record issue they should get the info from coppers and pay for it.....

I'm sure all the "victims" of Storm Financial will be relieved to know that the papers were reporting rubbish. :D

Is that a question you pose to everyone you deal with?

Just curious. :)

If it's on the public record I would give thanks to any friend who brought it to my attention.

I do know a couple of guys with "history", one is still a mate and the other I would be happy to do business with.

For the record:

My TOTAL appearances before a court is defending one traffic charge.

That's fair isn't it?

Just who are you, Ausprop and P&B trying to defend? Why am I suddenly "The defendant"?

Since when do media outlets print 100% fact? Not too often...

When they're reporting from the court transcripts and sentencing outcomes I tend to believe them. After all, I can just imagine the litigation cases against papers like The Age if they reported that someone was sentenced to time in gaol and it was discovered it wasn't factual...

I think you're confusing news articles from the more reputable newspapers such as The Age, SMH etc with the beatups in mags like the "highly credible" New Idea et al. Let's not paint all journalists with the same brush here.

Last edited:
the people behind Storm probably find these comments deeply offensive and the mods should consider deleting this post for being inappropriate
Mannie Cassimatis and his wife are the "people behind Storm Financial" and I said nothing of them. The reason I put the commas around "victims" is because not everyone shares my sympathy for them. Many (even here) rubbished them as greedy and naive and I was trying NOT to add spurious issues to the debate. Didn't work, did it. :(

Point is: The papers OFTEN report FACTS! especially when reporting court verdicts.

1) this forum is protected under the american constitution, not the australian consitution. the dotcom domain allows this forum protection under the fifth amendment.

2) this forum is run by individuals, and is a personal forum. It is not state run, it is not govt funded. If the moderators see something operating outside the rules laid out to them by the founders, they will modify or delete it. if the moderators consider a thread too far gone, they will delete it. you are a guest here, not a co-owner and while you may contribute to your heart's content, your rights (on any forum) extend to the right to not be verbally abused, to not be defamed and the right to rebuke a statement made about a subject or about you. that is it. as a moderator on another (car) forum i can tell you now that if it looks anything remotely like abuse, it'll be removed and a "please explain" for your inbox.

3) get the hell over it.

Just who are you, Ausprop and P&B trying to defend? Why am I suddenly "The defendant"?

I was having a dig Sunfish - my tone lost on this board! I still have an uneasy feeling about a board actively withholding information that could be detrimental to others... hence my sarcasm regarding Storm.

I'm sure all the "victims" of Storm Financial will be relieved to know that the papers were reporting rubbish. :D

I have zero empathy for storm punters..

no one was complaining when storm were generating them many millions.....

people such as yourself forget that investing can have its downsides...there is always a risk with investing no matter what it is

if your not prepared to lose 100% of your investment outlay then dont gamble, yes gamble which is what investing is and can be anyones downfall.

just imagine what would happen if the housing market corrected overnight...........we would all be down the tube i would suggest..............you would have to cop it sweet...who would you blame then sunfish? somersoft posters? your r/e agent or the bank who gave you the money??? rontflmao!

you reap what you sew....be it sometimes a learning curve for many.............including myself and you.

people such as yourself forget that investing can have its downsides...there is always a risk with investing no matter what it is
Remember me? I'm the one who is always harping about risks in investments!!!

GEARED RES PROPERTY IS NO EXCEPTION!!!

It's nice to know that you will take it like a man, with no recriminations when property corrects.

OMG this is a truly bizzare thread, so we got here because:

- we can't mention criminal behaviours of others
- we don't have any right to know of that, particularly as this is a US domiciled site
- investment and buying property is no different to the pokies so if you play poker with with a criminal too bad you deserve it, even if you were the only one not told who you were playing with
- lets all sit back and watch it happen with impunity, nay enjoyment.

Anyway pick the bones out of that, I'm out of this thread.

If it's on the public record I would give thanks to any friend who brought it to my attention.

I do know a couple of guys with "history", one is still a mate and the other I would be happy to do business with.

For the record:

My TOTAL appearances before a court is defending one traffic charge.

That's fair isn't it?

I reckon I'd give anyone the benefit of the doubt especially if the record was an old one.

People do change. Especially over the long term.

We are all different and I have often been told I am too compassionate.

Remember me? I'm the one who is always harping about risks in investments!!!

GEARED RES PROPERTY IS NO EXCEPTION!!!

It's nice to know that you will take it like a man, with no recriminations when property corrects.

lol i think i can afford to nowdays...25 yrs ago zero chance...i have but one small loan for $130k.....so im pretty much cashed at present waiting for 2011 when im quite sure the areas i am targeting will pull back further.....

best of luck

Hi all,

The whole controversy started with this line....

Hi Michael, look everyone here respects you quite a bit

... all the deleted bits were in response to that line when some thought others did not know everything, or for that matter anything about Michael's history.

In my opinion there should be a difference in the standards applied to different posters, some are here anonymously and have nothing to sell, others are fairly well known, have links to commercial sites they own, and have some product to sell.

The latter should have greater scrutiny, and be prepared to have the past dragged up.

Personally I think Dazz was correct in stating what he did as there are many new people on this forum since 2001. Now if he had introduced Thommo's history of being found guilty in court (assumption sorry Thommo), that would have been inappropriate because he has not tried to sell anyone anything, via advertising his web site, nor for that matter would it really affect anyone's respect for him.

bye

I reckon I'd give anyone the benefit of the doubt especially if the record was an old one.
I have made no judgement on MY. I have never met MY. But how can I give him the "benefit of the doubt" if I have not been informed that there may, indeed, be a doubt? You must be informed first.

Is there something about property investors that precludes them from applied logic?

I have made no judgement on MY. I have never met MY. But how can I give him the "benefit of the doubt" if I have not been informed that there may, indeed, be a doubt? You must be informed first.

Is there something about property investors that precludes them from applied logic?

Sorry mate, wasn't meaning to suggest anything about your character - rather a flaw in my own.

I do understand what you are saying. But this incident was certainly long enough ago that he doesn't deserve it to be aired worldwide. Especially as it never had anything to do with finance, investment or anything to worry people here.

Hi all,

Simon,

it never had anything to do with finance, investment or anything to worry people here.

Trust and respect is what it had to do with. Do you not think trust and respect have any part in finance or investment, especially someone who finds "good" properties for a price??

bye

Back