Censorship on the Forum

Sim,

Why did you close off the Nathan thread? :mad: Very poor form..particularly when it was a valid topic!

I am very disappointed you chose to do this! Disbelief comes to mind.

I was going to respond to Jacques post.....I have a very sneaking suspicion that some of the mods are influencing decisions. She after all is a mod also...and so is Geoff.......there was not disrespect in the discussions.

I have lost total respect for Jacque.....she knows who I am as she has met me...I do not hide behind shadows.....this sort of stuff is just ridiculous. Perhaps she has something to hide.

Perhaps we should not allow anyone with their business contact below their handle. This will ensure that there is not cosy promoting of business on this site. That will remove the conflict of interest.

This is absolute shoite on your part!! :eek:

If you do come back with a response....make sure it is good one!!

I would love to hear if people were going to take it legal as a result of th discussion...I have some excellent barristers who can put this right. What is the point of having a property site if there can't be robust discussion...

Is this forum not to communicate with others? Would the truth not benefit users? I for example am a former client of Nathans, I would like to share my story! It wasn't until the post was locked that I got the chance to come on here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sim,

Why did you close off the Nathan thread? :mad: Very poor form..particularly when it was a valid topic!

I am very disappointed you chose to do this! Disbelief comes to mind.

I was going to respond to Jacques post.....I have a very sneaking suspicion that some of the mods are influencing decisions. She after all is a mod also...and so is Geoff.......there was not disrespect in the discussions.

I have lost total respect for Jacque.....she knows who I am as she has met me...I do not hide behind shadows.....this sort of stuff is just ridiculous. Perhaps she has something to hide.

Perhaps we should not allow anyone with their business contact below their handle. This will ensure that there is not cosy promoting of business on this site. That will remove the conflict of interest.

I would love to hear if people were going to take it legal as a result of th discussion...I have some excellent barristers who can put this right. What is the point of having a property site if there can't be robust discussion...
There is a very big difference between being generally interested in the topic of the discussion and being a smart ****!

There is way too much in the way of self promotion on this forum.

SS is meant to be a forum for investors, it is not a place for agents and brokers to self-promote and chase business.

There are people on this forum who (for a usurious fee) are offering 30% annual investment returns - a long tern impossibility.

When I spoke out against this sort of silliness, my posts were deleted by the SS mods.

Do the magnanimous owners of this site approve of what is going on?

Touche....I guess I am not the only smart*** on the forum.....there are others who have a grievance.

Judging by the number of contributions you have made...you are newbie. So best let this go to the keeper.

Perhaps you would like to say this debate face to face at the next Somersoft get together. No need to worry...I don't have a criminal record....yet. :D

There is a very big difference between being generally interested in the topic of the discussion and being a smart ****!

Hey mate...I get what you are saying but can we ease off a tinsy bit...I am hoping they don't shut this discussion down. :p

There is way too much in the way of self promotion on this forum.

SS is meant to be a forum for investors, it is not a place for agents and brokers to self-promote and chase business.

There are people on this forum who (for a usurious fee) are offering 30% annual investment returns - a long tern impossibility.

When I spoke out against this sort of silliness, my posts were deleted by the SS mods.

Do the magnanimous owners of this site approve of what is going on?

Hey mate...I get what you are saying but can we ease off a tinsy bit...I am hoping they don't shut this discussion down. :p

Unless this is a totalitarian country, I don't think they would.

To be fair it is a private forum paid for by individuals.

Are the owners motivations as magnanimous as they would appear? Maybe they can come here and clear things up, as Nathan did earlier today.

What is the point of having a property site if there can't be robust discussion...

Exactly

Whether the criticism was warranted or not, I think it was a very interesting discussion and one worth having in my opinion.
It's disappoint to see this thread being closed.

Haha, I took a punt at a BA earlier on when I joined this forum, I did avoid mentioning who it was though alluded to it.

I use to get so many phone calls from them within hours of each post, offering to assist me in any way they could.

Never did get the issue fixed, I just took full responsibility and moved on.

That's the thing. If you're ignorant enough to believe the foolishness, perhaps you deserve to be taken for a ride.

Every purchase I made since then, using my own skills, has made me bank $$$.

Good on you nhg.

Where are these deals?....this is what the forum about? No need for BAs if people are sharing information freely...care to share?

Haha, I took a punt at a BA earlier on when I joined this forum, I did avoid mentioning who it was though alluded to it.

I use to get so many phone calls from them within hours of each post, offering to assist me in any way they could.

Never did get the issue fixed, I just took full responsibility and moved on.

That's the thing. If you're ignorant enough to believe the foolishness, perhaps you deserve to be taken for a ride.

Every purchase I made since then, using my own skills, has made me bank $$$.

I am very disappointed you chose to do this! Disbelief comes to mind

First up, I didn't close the thread. It was done by the moderation team. However, after having read the thread and some of the discussion behind the scene (which you have not been a party to), I fully support the decision to close the thread.

Some of the posts have been borderline defamatory and were not really on topic with the original discussion.

Umm ... sash - I think you should get your facts straight before going off like this.

Jacque is not, nor has she ever been a moderator on this site. She had no influence over the discussion or the thread being closed.

I have known Jacque for a very long time - she is never one to shy away from a debate on topics that she is both knowledgeable and passionate about - and will gladly discuss anything you want to know about buyers agents.

I sincerely suggest you start a new thread if you want to continue the discussion from what Jacque posted - I think buyers agents is a valid topic of conversation on this site and will generate a lot of interest.

As for the moderators making decisions about closing threads - these things are never done in isolation. We have a private discussion area where all such actions are discussed amongst the team - and actions are never final, they can always be undone if we change our mind.

sash, please stop posting like you are some anonymous person hiding behind a keyboard. You know me, I know you, we've talked many times at various meetups ... I am a human being who has feelings, not some mindless bureaucrat who gets paid to put up with abuse being hurled at them. I expected better from you.

I normally don't honour posts like yours with a response - and I don't respond to entreaties to "make my response a good one", however, since there are other people who were interested in that thread, I thought it reasonable to explain and correct any misinformation or misunderstandings.

There is robust discussion and then there is dragging a thread off topic with borderline defamatory postings and badgering. I don't care if you have the best barristers in the world - I have neither the time, nor the inclination to defend myself in court over something that someone else wrote on our forum.

You and I have had this discussion in the past sash - I've made it clear that I don't respond to bullying from lawyers or people with commercial interests who don't like what people are writing on the forums ... but at the same time, we do make our own judgements as to what is appropriate and what is not.

If someone complains about a post or thread and we agree that it steps over the line, we will take action as we deem necessary.

i involved my thoughts on the shut down thread.I thought very poor form as well from the mods.Why was it closed down mods?People want to share real life stories ang get shut down.Makes us all wonder you know.

Lol... That is what it seems to be lately and I'm not the type to usually post! But my gosh the boredom of some can be amusing ;)

Its nothing new really, i have been here for about 10 years now, the drama has always been going on. Its funny how heated we all seem to get when it comes to discussing money. Its not even our own money were getting the $hits over most the time. :cool:

Is this forum not to communicate with others? Would the truth not benefit users? I for example am a former client of Nathans, I would like to share my story! It wasn't until the post was locked that I got the chance to come on here.

Somehow I don't think that's true JPH.

It is quite a coincidence that both you and andyz share the same IP address.

It seems that you have an axe to grind perhaps?

Lol busted. Nothing we like better around here than noob with an identity crisis and an axe to grind.

Ban hammer time.

Disagree. It is better if they display who they are.

To be honest I learnt more from these professionals than from anyone else.

When some young gun on SS offers investors an enticing 30% annual yield (for a fee of course) surely we have the right to query it?

Sim you folks have a responsibility to protect forumites from such blatant mendacity.

Even Warren Buffett himswelf has never been able to return a 30% annual yield!

Please do your job impartially and responsibly.

Back