Censorship on the Forum

Want to see how many IPs I can get online at the same time? :rolleyes:

Stupid question you are obviously tech savvy.

Ironic that I have private messaged you multiple response but you can post and scrolling up have deleted so many peoples posts?

Is there any point in this at all if you keep deleting posts?

Hey Sim...when are you arranging the next meet-up ...make it Baulkham Hills....I want to ensure that I am not an anonymous poster! :D

In-laws are coming to stay in a couple of weeks - will try and do something then when we've got help to look after the kids.

Baulkham Hills sounds good. Will try and round up a few buyers agents to attend as well :p

Ironic that I have private messaged you multiple response but you can post and scrolling up have deleted so many peoples posts?

Is there any point in this at all if you keep deleting posts?

I might be able to have lots of IPs online at once (lots of computers/networks), but I can still only do one thing at a time. I have literally hundreds of posts and messages to look at - I'm sorry if yours don't get the immediate response you were seeking.

Sounds good....I can't promise I will be nice to ALL buyers agents who turn up...;)

In-laws are coming to stay in a couple of weeks - will try and do something then when we've got help to look after the kids.

Baulkham Hills sounds good. Will try and round up a few buyers agents to attend as well :p

If there was problematic posts, why weren't those posts deleted instead of the whole thread? I feel there was valid advice at the beginning of the thread.

Alternatively, why not lock the thread to prevent further wrongdoings so that the unguilty section is still available for others to see?

Same IP yet both online?

router
same external ip(to the world), router switches packets to the appropriate interal ip(in the house) somewhere in the range 192.somethbing
edit already answered in between page refreshes, this is a speedy thread

Sim, sorry prior post was out of line, . (oh no the censor ship sunk me)

[The Moderators] have a private discussion area where all such actions are discussed amongst the team....

100% true.

I know, because I used to have a key.

One of the wisest people I have never met, once said this....

Firstly, I would like to thank you all for your support for this forum.

The forum exists because of your collective support, but even more importantly, because of the dedication, time and effort from the group of honorary moderators and administrators who try to keep some semblance of order within it. The financial contribution that Jan & I make is trivial in comparison.

Yes there are rules and yes it is true that we do hope to ensure that the blatant advertising is kept to a minimum and that the discussions and contributions are credible. But just as importantly, you should all treat other contributors with respect. There can be no excuse for personal attacks or raising questions of proprietary. If you consider a member’s post to be outside the rules or spirit of the forum, you are welcome to bring it to the attention of the moderators. That is not to say that you cannot express an alternative view on a subject, but please keep the interactions civil and make the forum something for which you can all be proud.

[emphasis added]

Lol just as I started a new thread :)

No problems - you didn't actually start a new thread (you accidentally posted in an existing thread), but I moved your post to this other thread I salvaged anyway, so it's all good :D

Sim....you cannot control social media...

sash - no offence, but fail.

this forum is not social media. it's a private run forum with specific rules made by private people that are subject to ambiguous decisions and change without notice.

this forum was created by two people who then asked a few others to implement some rules and keep it civil with moderation.

you are bound by keeping on side with what those moderators want to see. if the underlying message of said postings was obsfucated by mudslinging and borderline defamatory comments, they have to be removed to protect the forum.

now while the forum is a ".com" which protects it under US Constitutional rights to free speech, posters themselves that originate from an Australian IP address are bound by Australian law - in a manner exactly the same as an Aussie tourist being bound by Aussie law.

free speech is not definied within the Australian constitution regardless of the 1992 high court ruling that it is "implied".

therefore, any (ANY) posts made by an Australian IP addressee can be construed as defamatory if pursued and the forum can be shut down because it is managed (moderated) by an Australian IP addressee.

see the debacle of hot rod internet - http://www.ozrodders.com/

Ozrodders.com evolved from the Hot Rod Internet (HRI) forum, whose administrator was threatened with litigation over a discussion that was interpreted as defamatory under Australia's then archaic defamation laws. At the time, the HRI was Australia's largest hotrodding forum. In a joint effort between Australian and American hotrodders, we salvaged the wealth of collected hotrodding knowledge, and continued the Australian forum thanks to our American hosts.

Since then, Australian Defamation Law has undergone some significant changes, but real reform is yet to be enacted by the Australian Federal Government. For more information, see Defamation Law Reform on the Australian Government web site.

the forum's operators and moderators can then be sued for allowing a conduit for the defamation.

so while moderators can walk a big thick grey line between acceptable and not accpetable, it is ENTIRELY up to them when they grey stops looking grey and looks more black.

for the protection of this forum from Australian Defamation Law, this is necessary and required.

Back