Censorship on the Forum

No kidding, me and my fake account have both been online on the same PC a number of times...

(please don't disclose my fake account, SIM)

You mean your "Batman" account? Oh, sorry ... that's your "secret identity" account, not your "fake" account - I'm always getting the two mixed up. :p

or just Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome all open in separate windows. For a few more accounts, each of these have a separate "Private mode" which lets you log in again. That's 6 accounts at once!

Plus a smartphone using the same wifi network.

My posts are getting deleted on the censorship thread and they were on topic too :(

No, they weren't on topic. If you have a problem with the moderation on this site, please contact me directly to discuss it - don't complain in someone else's thread about it.

Oh, I've got hundreds of email addresses, but if Sim knows what he's doing it won't be hard to find my second account.

Aaaand, it's gone.

FWIW, I completely understand why and am not upset.

And for anyone interested, I just had a couple of questions which where particularly dumb and/or tax evasion-y, that I didn't really want linked to my somewhat identifying username and the face that a handful of you have met in person. I wasn't spruiking anything anonymously or anything underhanded.

router
same external ip(to the world), router switches packets to the appropriate interal ip(in the house) somewhere in the range 192.somethbing
edit already answered in between page refreshes, this is a speedy thread

Sim, sorry prior post was out of line, . (oh no the censor ship sunk me)

I have no idea, but..

I thought my IP was roaming as I don't have a static IP address?

I have no idea, but..

I thought my IP was roaming as I don't have a static IP address?

You have a roaming LOCAL address - the address assigned to your PC by your router. This is the address like 192.168.0.x. Your actual internet IP address that they are talking about is your router's / modem's one. This one is static and is assigned by your local ISP.

Your actual internet IP address that they are talking about is your router's / modem's one. This one is static and is assigned by your local ISP.
Restart the modem and the IP address would change :)
Unless you paid extra to keep it 'static'.

You have a roaming LOCAL address - the address assigned to your PC by your router. This is the address like 192.168.0.x. Your actual internet IP address that they are talking about is your router's / modem's one. This one is static and is assigned by your local ISP.

Not quite ... by the way, the term is "dynamic IP", not roaming.

The publicly visible IP address assigned to your router by your ISP may either be static or dynamic. In the vast majority of cases for domestic use, it is dynamic.

Doesn't really matter either way in relation to IP tracking on the forums ... dynamic IP addresses often remain the same for extended periods of time - especially in the case of always-on DSL connections where the router rarely gets restarted.

Can we keep on topic please :D:D:D

pinkboy:cool:

It is on topic. This is showing you how you can come back in case (more than likely) you are censored :cool:
First you need to reset your modem and then only create a new user name. Otherwise Sim can easily find you!

It is on topic. This is showing you how you can come back in case (more than likely) you are censored :cool:
First you need to reset your modem and then only create a new user name. Otherwise Sim can easily find you!

The term is "banned". Getting "censored" is not the same as getting "banned".

Resetting your modem won't necessarily achieve much either :rolleyes:

I think this thread has about run its course anyway - closing.

Back