Freedom of speech on this forum

what do you mean "public record"???

you are avoiding my questions like its the plague skater, you have not seen the court trasnscripts have you.............public record are court transcripts not news bull.
Most people would ,,this has been talked about many times in this site
for many years,and as most criminal offences are punishable by imprisonment then this is on the court public records that anyone can find,willair..

OMG! I feel like the only one who didn't know about this.

I'm shocked & disgusted.

He paid his dues, like any crimminal, & has now moved on to a successful life.

I feel for his victims who must still be living with this every day of their lives. How successful are their lives after what he did?

Gosh, I really feel let down. I wish I had never bought any of his books.

Sorry Michael, you can pay your dues, but sometimes it's not enough. I'm really sorry you chose to make those mistakes, but even sorrier for your victims....do you donate to charities that assist victims of sexual assualts & if you do, I wonder if the victims would really want this money knowing who it came from?

Signed,
Disillusioned

I'm shocked & disgusted.

I feel for his victims who must still be living with this every day of their lives. How successful are their lives after what he did?

Sorry Michael, you can pay your dues, but sometimes it's not enough. I'm really sorry you chose to make those mistakes, but even sorrier for your victims....do you donate to charities that assist victims of sexual assualts & if you do, I wonder if the victims would really want this money knowing who it came from?

Signed,
Disillusioned

Me too !.....

i think people tend to concentrate on the sentence delivered by court too much, and don't look at the full picture.

skater
, you keep forgetting that the guy has also lost his family and his profession because of this. plus he has to live with the guilt, and with people like you poking fingers at him even after 10 years have passed.

the court takes all those things into account when sentencing someone, and in my eyes the punishment is adequate.

you keep forgetting that the guy has also lost his family and his profession because of this. plus he has to live with the guilt, and with people like you poking fingers at him even after 10 years have passed.

the court takes all those things into account when sentencing someone, and in my eyes the punishment is adequate.

Wasn't going to get into this discussion but...

Committing an offence over and over means you have no empathy for your victims hence no true feelings of guilt.

Regardless of adequate sentencing or not astute people do judge by assessing and tying in ones 'criminal personality' (?psychopathy) to how it could affect them or others in dealings in the future, especially if they are personal or financial in nature.

Some crimes tell us alot about a person. Sometimes it aint good.

I'm shocked & disgusted.

Signed,
Disillusioned

That was pretty much what I had said in my first post on the matter that got deleted.

I felt ill when I read the history, obviously some feel nothing. I don't think it's something we can all agree on, so that's why I left this thread earlier. People can say I'm judgemental, but I can't help the way I feel, and nothing will change that.

you keep forgetting that the guy has also lost his family and his profession because of this. plus he has to live with the guilt,
Of course he lost his family and his profession! I don't know one woman who would stand by her man after the things that were done. As for the profession, well, the target victims were already vulnerable. Did he honestly think that nobody would report his actions and that he would be able to continue indefinately?
Committing an offence over and over means you have no empathy for your victims hence no true feelings of guilt.
Some crimes tell us alot about a person. Sometimes it aint good.

Exactly! For a person to do something over and over again, like this, can anyone honestly say that they can be rehabilitated? I certainly hope that they can and treatment was sought. I do know that I, (me personally) could not ever trust anybody who has done any kind of awful acts to another human being, especially if it has an ongoing pattern.

i don't know what he thought, and to be honest don't really care.
lots of people do stupid things

the point i'm trying to make is that punishment isn't just the prison sentence.
sometimes life punishes people harder than courts can.

keeping him in prison is just a waste of taxpayer's money, as he's unlikely to re-offend given that he lost his profession.

I have nothing to say on this except i dislike the modern terminology of crimes as 'mistakes'.

That just attempts to minimise the gravity of the crime.

EG: Rugby Leaugue players getting drunk/drugged/raping/abusing women and saying 'oops i made a mistake and i'm sorry'. What a joke.

skater, you keep forgetting that the guy has also lost his family and his profession because of this. plus he has to live with the guilt, and with people like you poking fingers at him even after 10 years have passed.
I wonder how you would feel if the Ladies were in your inner circle and your own family and they came home from a person in 100% public trust
and told you what went on,
Would you wait in the car park till he came out AND ASK THE QUESTION..
Or just walk in no-inbetweens and just do the same as he has done..

I know what i would have done not what one is obliged to do or is responsible for ,as the Law does nothing in vain..lex terrae..

i still haven't heard what exactly he has done, so don't know.

but that's irrelevant.

we are talking about laws here, not about taking punishment into your own hands.

if you aren't happy with the laws - ask your MP to campaign for a change

i still haven't heard what exactly he has done, so don't know.

but that's irrelevant.

we are talking about laws here, not about taking punishment into your own hands.

if you aren't happy with the laws - ask your MP to campaign for a change
Maybe go and sit in the court for a day and see what happend in the real world and how the people who wear the silk wigs act depending on who you are and how much cash you have,most of the offences committed when i have sat there to see what happens,half the time the defendant
as told by the silk wig was in such a abnormal state of mind that her or his capacity to understand and control her or his actions was substantially impaired:rolleyes:, I WILL SAY NO MORE,willair..

This discussion is just so far off the mark. It makes me wonder whether we should even cater for a coffee lounge. It was never meant to be a place for crucifying people, irrespective of whether you might think they deserve such a fate. MY may well have made serious mistakes in his past but these have been dealt with by our justice system and who are we to judge.

This site was created and exists for you all to learn from each other to help build your own financial independence through investment property. From what I have read, MY has made meaningful contributions to this forum and made then in good faith. Yet those contributions have been undermined by the relentless pursuit of the person himself, rather than respect for the content of his posts. One thing that has served us well in our own property purchases has been to always focus on the property and the deal, and never dwell on whether or not we like or trust the salesperson.

As for freedom of speech on this forum, there is no such right. You are free to contribute as long as you abide by the terms listed. If you feel the need to crucify someone, you will need to do so elsewhere. Over the years, the positive contributions made by members of this forum have helped create a fantastic resource for generations to come. Please try to keep it that way by focusing on the content of posts and not the person making them.

Please close this thread...everyone has had their say...I reread the old thread just now and I have to say MY has had courage to make a post on the issue, he acknowledged everything and was trying to move on...

I tell you with certainty that takes some guts which is far more than most could attempt to do on an open forum.

Hes done his time, let the bloke move on without further incrimination being placed on him....credit where credit is due.....everyone one of us is capable of breaking the law and being caught....its doesnt take Einstein to work that one out...

This discussion is just so far off the mark. It makes me wonder whether we should even cater for a coffee lounge. It was never meant to be a place for crucifying people, irrespective of whether you might think they deserve such a fate. MY may well have made serious mistakes in his past but these have been dealt with by our justice system and who are we to judge.

This site was created and exists for you all to learn from each other to help build your own financial independence through investment property. From what I have read, MY has made meaningful contributions to this forum and made then in good faith. Yet those contributions have been undermined by the relentless pursuit of the person himself, rather than respect for the content of his posts. One thing that has served us well in our own property purchases has been to always focus on the property and the deal, and never dwell on whether or not we like or trust the salesperson.

As for freedom of speech on this forum, there is no such right. You are free to contribute as long as you abide by the terms listed. If you feel the need to crucify someone, you will need to do so elsewhere. Over the years, the positive contributions made by members of this forum have helped create a fantastic resource for generations to come. Please try to keep it that way by focusing on the content of posts and not the person making them.

ah - freaking - men.

this is what i was mentioning - if the admins want to shut something down, they will.

does anyone listen? no, of course not. and now we're at risk of losing the coffee lounge.

thanks guys ofr not letting it rest. you've done us all a huge injustice.

Back