Friend got my advice wrong..

I remember someone saying "We have been best friends for 15 years", and another person pointed out "No, 15 years ago you were best friends"

People change, and sometimes you have to leave those friendships in the past. Do the small talk and catch up when you do come across each other, and reminisce.

Years ago a couple had asked us to stand for them at their wedding. We thought about it for a week, and finally had to tell them NO. We did not consider ourselves close enough friends to have the honor bestowed upon us.

Hi Investor 2009, nice name by the way. :D There are a couple of people I have been trying to help financially lately. 1st is my best friend. I just sold my husband's ute to her for $750 with 6 months rego. Her husband has his own business and desperately needed a car. I went to my bottom dollar to try to help them out a bit. I told her the car needed the windscreen replacing, but the car was mechanically excellent and reliable. Her husband got a sticker a few days later and now the car has to go over the pits. I don't think she is going to bother. I consider that a huge waste!! They now have 3 cars they can't afford to repair. I spoke to her recently and she was saying she bought herself a bottle of dom perion champagne for Christmas. I think Nathans comments are spot on - I should have sold the ute to Nathan instead!! Secondly I've been trying to help my sister. She has had a block of land for 6 years with no income coming in!! Last week she bought a freezer on credit as she heard the price of meat was going up. I'm focussing on myself now, given up trying to help others!

perhaps you lent him the wrong book. a book about drawing equity to increase wealth (have not read it, just going from comments here) was too far advanced for him to grasp the basics.

personally, i think you should have lent him something like richdad/poordad, the richest man in babylon or the millionaire next door.

those books deal with the basics of getting your finances under control and explaining how money works in the capitalist world.

perhaps try one of these books next.

Back