TIFU - My regrets as a 46-year-old, and advice to others at a crossroad

I don't usually read Reddit, but chanced upon this

Australian Redditor John Jerryson found out that his wife has been cheating on him for the last decade.

The discovery sparked a lengthy post reflecting on his life in the sub-Reddit r/tifu (?Today I F?ed Up?), called ?TIFU My whole life. My regrets as a 46-year-old, and advice to others at a crossroad.?

?I?m a 46 year old banker and I have been living my whole life the opposite of how I wanted,? he writes. ?All my dreams, my passion, gone. In a steady 9-7 job. 6 days a week. For 26 years. I repeatedly chose the safe path for everything, which eventually changed who I was.?

...Continues on link above

You do know that's a fake post, don't you?

Regardless whether its fake or not, the points made are very true.
If anything people on this forum who are probably at risk of falling into the same trap.

The question is, do you realise you are before its too late.

Work hard, play hard is what is thrown around.... how true is it really?

Work hard, save money, invest. By the time you're 30 you'll have a nice portfolio. But what about family? Where are they now? Everything is about balance.

After reading that link 2 times ,to the point of castration and the random tragedy this poor over educated Man never saw the real reality of life,caesar pontem fecit..

Why do you say that? Because only men can be unfaithful?

No, both men and women can be unfaithful. Read the comments.

A 46 yo Australian banker would not speak like this:
"I had backpacking around New Zealand "
"needed to take that graduate job" (in Aus?)
"kept getting calls from my mom" (should be 'mum')
"I believe there were arguments upon my language and university/college or what not... I have made small efforts to pertain to Americans, as they are the main users, at least I assume."

Does that sound like a 46 yo banker to you?

We can learn from stories that aren't true. They are called fables or parables.

Exactly, just like Robert Kiyosaki never had a rich or poor dad but used a parable to convey his story. Thanks for the link redwing, I like to read how others ****ed up and how I can avoid it.

Had an affair for the last 10 years and hubby didn't know about it?

That's the kind of woman I'd like to meet. I mean for acquiring incredible BS skills.

Yeah, going through the phone might not be right.

How about checking the memory on the car navigator? Take screen shot photos of recent destinations and "hang out" there "whenever". Better stop now, this is getting sick.

True story or not, it?s an important message. I chucked in a job in Switzerland after 10 years to live with my boys in Spain (we can?t return to Australia because of their mother). But it?s more than worth it, I spend much more time with them, and can learn Spanish properly. The "work hard play hard" mantra is the wrong way to go now in my book. I?m about the same age as the guy in the story but certainly don?t consider things too late or me too old.

You do know that's a fake post, don't you?
This is the classic female comment, "You do know [blah blah], don't you?", implying you?re a bit of an idiot.

Blokes beware.

Cesare ha fatto il ponte? Missed that one in the post.

I just hope the quote sinks in ,this poor gentleman is very common in real life they live in a generic straitjacket slavery mindset each day,i have always thought that success in any relationships is a 2 way street and how could anyone play that game on anyone and look them in their face each morning..

Back