'Friend Request on Yaari' - Do Not Reply!!

G'Day

Grrrr! I received an 'invite to join Yaari' from a Somersoft member and as I had wanted to email him anyway, so thought 'great, his contact details / pm facility will be on this website' but of course I had to log in to search and it cunningly wanted a gmail, hotmail or yahoo email address.

I entered the [email protected] account which I rarely use nowadays - I didn't realise that it would then upload the 'contacts' from the hotmail account and send out 'invites'!

So just delete the Invite if you receive one purportedly from me. I didn't send it and did not authorise it to be sent. I shall write to the site administrators and complain about breach of privacy. I am sure the other forumite had no idea that this would happen to his email contacts, either. Grrr twice!

Cheers

Kristine

A Google on "Yaari scam" or "Yaari spam" gets quite a few hits. Kristine, it seems you're not the first.

Jo, apparently it's an Indian networking site.

Kristine, does that mean you entered your hotmail password onto a site that wasn't hotmail? Flickr also uses this trick, but it's terribly insecure.

Back