Garage over easement

Looking at properties, coming across a couple with easements.

One I'm going to auction at tomorrow is pretty safe, I'm sure, as far as the easement goes (I don't think anything is above the easement...)

Another property seems to have the garage situated above the easement, though.

So there's a bit from Yarra Water in the section 32 talking about that, how they're not liable for any damage caused by access etc etc, standard easement stuff I think.

So my question is......how concerned should I be? What else should I be investigating on this?

Generally the floor of the garage should be paving not poured concrete to give access and a 2.4 high gap in walls for bob cat etch to be able to get through. The easement must be accessible
You can manage the risk but make sure how its done.

I've built on easements before in my developments (rainwater tanks, carports etc). This was done each time with the understanding that if the council or water authority (whichever the easement is in favour of) need access I need to make way and at my cost. Just the way it goes.

Oscar

Generally the floor of the garage should be paving not poured concrete to give access and a 2.4 high gap in walls for bob cat etch to be able to get through. The easement must be accessible
You can manage the risk but make sure how its done.

Yeah, it looks like the foundation was laid with some sort of modular system, according to the s32, so I'd guess that's to make access easier.

Back