Gas/Electricity - who are you with?

I'm currently looking for a gas/electricity provider for my PPOR

At the moment I have found dodo power to be the cheapest @ $38 per month standard charge.
However they will not have their gas service active until October :(
Honestly I have no experience with power/gas so if anyone can tell me if I'm getting ripped off with the charges, I would greatly appreciate it !

Daily Charge = 58.245c/day
Usage anytime (the first 11.2kWh p/day) = 23.309 c/kWh
Usage anytime (balance of kWh p/day) = 25.971 c/kWh

Who are you with or who do you recommend?

no choice here in wa, unless you're a commercial premises....then you get two choices. wow.

one gas provider, one power provider.

I'm with Origin - only because I've been with them for years, they've looked after us really well and are always prompt/efficient with the service and enquiries.

I see no reason to change to "potentially" save a dollar or two.

I'm with Origin - only because I've been with them for years, they've looked after us really well and are always prompt/efficient with the service and enquiries.

I see no reason to change to "potentially" save a dollar or two.

I just changed to Origin as well.

Cheapest out of the big players.

I have had friends who have had nothing but problems with all the other different arms of Dodo, so wouldn't consider them.

Will look into Origin.

They are more expensive than Energy Australia / Dodo / Lumo but I'd assume as a major provider they will provide a better service (communication wise)

Just changed over to AGL as they were offering a discount on gas and electricity, plus a higher feed in tarrif for Solar.
then recieved a letter today saying they are cutting the solar feed in tarrif :mad:

I am with Energy Australia and have been for years. I recently asked them for a discount and they offered their standard deal of 12% discount if I sign a 2 year contract.

It seemed reasonable to me as they do all the work in the area and as the price seems competitive and I am still with the same company.

If you with Energy Aust and are prepared to sign a 2 year contract just ring them up and ask, it is all done over the phone and starts with your next billing period.

On Whirlpool there are some nasty stories of DoDo and AGL having accounting problems and being very slow to fix them

Ended up signing with Origin with 12% discount off the entire bill on electrics and 7% on gas :)

I did read all the reseller horror stories on Whirlpool so there seems to be more definitive benefits from using a distributor like Origin!

Back