Get paid to do surveys????

I remember watching one of the current affairs programs at one point a while ago (or something akin to that). On the program they were saying something about companies who you register on their database and they will send you out surveys commissioned by marketing companies which you get paid for filling out...

I happened to remember this today and had a little search around and sure enough my google came up with HEAPS of hits...... They all seem to quote that you'd get paid about $5 - $75 per survey, and more for things like focus groups. Most of the companies seem to want a registration fee of around $30 - $40, saying that the companies requiring survey answers don't pay them, they pay the surveyee.

I tried to get an objective view by googling paid survey reviews and I was left feeling like the review page was owned by the survey company itself and therefore you're unlikely to hear a bad review. The review page actually advised to register with more than one company and to register everyone within the household to increase chances of being invited for surveys.....

at $30 to $40 per rego it is starting to sound scammy, why would I have to pay to give my opinion that they will pay me back for anyway......

I was wondering if anyone has tried these things before, or have a page they can find that objectively talks on the issue because all my googling comes up with endless hurrah pages.

Blitz,

They mostly want US people and there are lots of catches.

You could try emailcash.com.au here, but generally I've found that the work required for the reward is quite high.

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Hi Blitzkrieg,

Acey already beat me to it but emailcash.com.au has no joining fee and offers similar types of rewards to the american sites. The only downfall is you're more likely to be rewarded with 'points' rather than having any money credited into your paypal account.
The do have online auctions though...I think the last big item was a car which was purchased with 13000 points (going from memory only on that one...)

e x

wish-ga said:
Company called Colmar Brunton in Sydney pays $20 cash for participating in their tasting/survey/testing.

perhaps i could get a job in the cadbury factory as a 'tester', now that's what i call on the job perks!

e x

emcdonald said:
perhaps i could get a job in the cadbury factory as a 'tester', now that's what i call on the job perks!

e x

Hi e x,

Trust me when i say you wouldn't want the job. I did a tour of the Cadbury's factory in Claremont (Hobart) when I was a teenager and by the end of it I didn't even want to take the free samples. Not that there was anything wrong with them but the rich smell of HUGE vats of hot, runny chocolate left me feeling a little icky for a few hours after. :eek:

Off topic, sorry.

Cheers :cool:

Most focus group work (the paid stuff) is done by Market Research companies. Try contacting some of them to see how they assemble their groups.

Blitz, DO NOT PAY for the privilege of being put on a survey list. It is most likely a scam. I did some quick research into this many years ago and found that there were lots of dissatisfied people out there who had paid to be put on a "pay me to do surveys" list.

Dig a bit deeper in google.com or clusty.com and you will no doubt find the same.

I've been using the clusty.com search engine a bit lately, I like the topic drill down on the left hand menu.

mmerlin said:
Blitz, DO NOT PAY for the privilege of being put on a survey list. It is most likely a scam. I did some quick research into this many years ago and found that there were lots of dissatisfied people out there who had paid to be put on a "pay me to do surveys" list.

Dig a bit deeper in google.com or clusty.com and you will no doubt find the same.

I've been using the clusty.com search engine a bit lately, I like the topic drill down on the left hand menu.

Yeah I was wondering on the pay to get paid issue myself (scamwise). Especially when the "review" page quoted that I should register with a few of the companies to "maximise" my chance to get a survey invitation.... The individual pages though make it sound like you can make "up to $250 per hour" so if that's even remotely true why is the review page advising you to try to maximise options by listing with a few.......

On emailcash.com.au, will that just open wy email to unlimited spam???? I'll get a new hotmail if I want to do it anyway....

Has anyone actually used this service or know whether it is genuine?

Cynical (but hopeful) Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg said:
Has anyone actually used this service or know whether it is genuine?

Cynical (but hopeful) Blitzkrieg

Hi Blitzkreig,

I played around with it (emailcash.com.au) over my extended Christmas holidays, like you were thinking I set up a yahoo account esp for it.

Didn't get any spam and prob an average of two letters per week from emailcash.com.au there letters all arrive with 'emailcash postman' as the sender.

To be honest for me there was no real gain to be made, to earn big cash (read 'points') rewards you need to buy products through their wesite from their affliliate sponsors - you earn points for each dollar you spend.

Myself, I didn't really want any lingere or baby strollers so it wasn't for me, but for people looking to purchase specific things it may be worth their while.

cheers,

e x

Back