Getting any rain down south?

TC

It's cloudy here but isn't raining, it looks like rain is coming our way.
We've had a shower in the night but nothing much

cheers

Nothing but gale winds in Melbourne town, although this weekend is expecting rain and cold conditons. Melb/Vic needs years of above average rainfall but I'll take a wet weekend as a starter.

TC

It's cloudy here but isn't raining, it looks like rain is coming our way.
We've had a shower in the night but nothing much

cheers

Well, to be honest BV, I'm not really meaning you Sydney blokes. It's not like you fellas need any more flippen rain.:D

Sydney 09 rainfall, 360 mls
Brisbane,............ 418 mls
Melbourne,.......... 74 mls
Adelaide,............ 27 mls.

Got a decent rain spell during the night down here on the Peninsula.

Just windy and cloudy right now, with more cr@p coming on the w'end apparently.

Well, we are sort of north west south, south..5mm here, certainly looks more, oats in, sowed dry, vetch to go in today...some others have been sowing barley dry.

Did the nekkid rain dance, offered up a sacrifice, (torched the silly herald sun).

Three more fronts to pass through. Apparently bringing much more rain. Just cleaned the rubbish out of the gutters and spouts. We may have rain for next three days. Time to catch up with mister and do some sowing of our own if it's too wet to play with tractors, and we have house to ourselves.

It is damn beautiful. Rain is life, rain is beautiful. Love it.

Its raining its pouring - doing a little happy dance! Thanks for asking TC! We had 40 mls last night (we are in the foothills of Adelaide) and I reckon another 40 today the way it is bucketing down, and another four more days of predicted rain to follow!

And widespread across SA and Victoria too. The farmers were dry seeding this week in hope - and it worked!

Yay Yay Yay. Bummer for the Anzac Day March but folklore in SA says that if it rains on Anzac Day then the farmers are in for a great wet winter. It is amazing how everyone is smiling today! Except our roof leaks......

yeah, Sydney doesnt need any....

Had my fingers crossed hoping our roof wouldn't leak. Because we haven't had decent rain in a long time no one's been up to check the box gutter and downpipes for balls (the cause of the last leak).

Yes it's great to see rain :). With this new appreciation for water though I kinda cringe now seeing all that water run off down the street and into the stormwater drain :eek:.

Hi TC,

About 9mm here in the Otways (northern edge), but we will get more tomorrow. Starting to get cool as well, about 15.6 outside.

bye

With this new appreciation for water though I kinda cringe now seeing all that water run off down the street and into the stormwater drain :eek:.

Yeah, the Opposition tonight will make sure everyone sees it running down the stormwater system and into the sea. Bet they are filming it as I type!:D

Orr Gee's, It's just started bloody raining here and washed us out of harvest. And we weren't even supposed to get it, it was supposed to stay south.:mad:

Just got in after covering everything. Bummer.

See ya's.

Yeah, the Opposition tonight will make sure everyone sees it running down the stormwater system and into the sea. Bet they are filming it as I type!:D
Got that right - just saw MH-S on the news. Apparently 6 weeks of water down the drain.:mad:

Just returned to Adelaide after 10 days in Gold Coast and Noosa- first time. I love both. Apparently it's been raining past few days and will do for next week.:( Apart from a 15 minute downpour in Noosa, a very nice mid to high 20s the whole trip. And it's also damn cold back home. I wanna go back north.

Project 1080

The project: 10 IPs in 80 mths.

I reckon parts of Adelaide will be flooded now. Just had the heaviest rain I can remember in years. And our roof is still leaking because the gutters simply cant cope with the heavy rain.

I reckon parts of Adelaide will be flooded now. Just had the heaviest rain I can remember in years. And our roof is still leaking because the gutters simply cant cope with the heavy rain.

Just looking at the radar map as I type; we will cop your lot on the golfers here by about 5.00pm I reckon.

We had another nice drop through the night.

This is probably best as a whole new thread...

Now, is it just me being dumb (probably) or is the answer to the water shortages in Vic and other areas staring us all right in the face?

Here we have many parts of QLD and NSW suffering massive flooding, and on a semi-regular basis through the wet months, and all the water simply wanders out to sea eventually.

We can build pipelines for oil and gas etc all over the place; why not water too?

Where is the difficulty in collecting water from up north and piping it down to collection areas that need it such as SA and Vic.

Same goes for Gippsland - it always rains cats and dogs down there, and no water storage areas in sight.

Of course; there are vested interests such as who willpay? and who will profit? and there are logistic issues as well, but we are talking about a National issue here; surely this would be a Federal initiative?

Our pool even overflowed last night! We had even been beginning to think it would never rain here ever again!

Have had the luxury of being able to sleep in late the last couple of days and thats so cozy when it's pouring outside!

Project1080 we're doing 10 days in QLD ourselves soon. Will be nice to enjoy sun up there - especially if we leave rainy wet weather behind us when we go! Glad you had a nice holiday.

Back