GILLARD- Is she mad, stupid, guilty..or all three?

Julia's problem is that even tho the paper has retracted and apologised ... muck sticks. Especially when there is already a layer or two of muck for it to stick to.

I guess it's gotten to the point that the general public are willing to believe anything negative because they have come to the point where they don't trust, believe or even like her as a leader.

That's very obvious.

None of these New Ltd employed shock jocks support the left. They just bag the hell out of it.

while the ABC has the same ethic as the HSU - inveigle a lot of people out of their hard earned with lies about how impartial upright and august a body you are, out for a fair go for the battler - then once you've got the dopey buggers' mulah, tell em to bugger off, and use it to promote Marxism and the Labor Party.

It is interesting the ABC have seen fit to give a guy like Peter Lloyd a top producer's job on Lateline, after his sordid little Singapore affair and stint in jail.

Will they give Andy Muirhead the same treatment?

ABC human resource dept must have difficulty finding non drug taking non criminal straight folk to fill their ranks.

ABC human resource dept must have difficulty finding non drug taking non criminal straight folk to fill their ranks.

So your one example shows that all staff at the ABC are drug takers and / or criminals? I realise you operate on stereotypes and no basis of fact (inner city poets, anyone?), but even for you, this is rubbish.

Now, where's that ignore button....

So your one example shows that all staff at the ABC are drug takers and / or criminals?

No, my one example is an example of what it is....and that the ABC recruited this example on the basis he has stability of character and judgement beyond reproach. :rolleyes:

Then show me one other example of a senior Australian Fed or State Govt public servant being employed with similar history. one rule for the rest of the public service, and another for the ABC.

Here read up on what a quaint staff-captured organization the ABC is.

You're missing the point. The article stated that she lived with this guy, and she didn't. The Australian has apologised and said they got the story wrong.

Why do you feel the need to muckrake over this? If there was something in it, I'm sure The Australian wouldn't have apologised or withdrew the story.

I think the whole thing smells much like the CT case but worse, regardless of whether she lived with him, spent nights with him or just saw him most days.

As it's been reported previously that she lived with him (has she denied this at any stage) I thought the 'embezzled funds' to be the most plausable breech - all speculating of course :).

Q. "GILLARD- Is she mad, stupid, guilty..or all three?"

A. Incompetent, arrogant and disloyal a dangerous combination in any industry, let alone one that "runs" the country.

politics is a dirty business and those in it need to be tough, but its not pretty to look at the behaviour.

cannot speak for her but no doubt she wants to survive, plenty ready to take her role, from both sides.

not looking forward to more of the same for the next 2 years.

its not good for the country or the people.
would like to see a calm strong leader with credibility, but instead we have gillard.
looking forward to next election but hoping for something better prior.

"And the unthinking right wing bogan electorate laps this stuff up"

Yes, I want to ask the same sort of thing. How can you have bogan and right-wing in the same sentence? From my experience I would have thought bogans are left-wing.

"And the unthinking right wing bogan electorate laps this stuff up"

Yes, I want to ask the same sort of thing. How can you have bogan and right-wing in the same sentence? From my experience I would have thought bogans are left-wing.

Spot on.
I think there's only one person who would argue with that!

There are alot of damning 'assertions' made here.

Would Bob Kernohan sign a stat dec making the claims he has without some proof? You would think not.

Would JG challenge him, being the source of much of this, I wonder? You would think not if he has proof.

You're over-reaching. Even Bolt, the most strident of her critics, says she didn't know Wilson was embezzling funds.

Bolt makes crystal clear, more than once, that there was no mention of Gillard doing anything improper in the stat dec.

There is plenty of ammunition for critics of the government, but the suggestion that she lived with and knew a union official was ripping off workers is not true. If there was a slight chance of it being true, don't you think Bolt and Jones would be all over this? And Abbott too?

Last edited:
You're over-reaching. Even Bolt, the most strident of her critics, says she didn't know Wilson was embezzling funds.

Bolt makes cystal clear, more than once, that there was no mention of Gillard doing anything improper in the stat dec.

Not over-reaching anything.

I was speculating on WHY the article might have been pulled (I know they took care to say she didn't embezzle).

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/opinion/prime-ministers-hand-overplayed/story-e6frfifx-1226125924173

If there was a slight chance of it being true, don't you think Bolt and Jones would be all over this? And Abbott too?

At the moment it doesn't have to be true ... the general population is so fed up with Gillard they are prepared to believe anything mucky about her.

One cannot lead a country (or business) successfully with such overwhelming dislike and disrespect (unless you are a dictator). Everything she says or does will be scoffed at, disbelieved or picked to shreads to find the negative/lie.

Pity really - we need an in control and strong leader in these tricky times. Unfortunately Gillard (and Abbott) are not among them.

I think PB said it correctly ... I am a political orphan. I'm not even game to vote independant anymore.

What does a right wing bogan look like, Ev?
What is the typical example?
I can picture the normal stereotype and how they think, sound, dress and act...
article-1120303-031427FE000005DC-64_468x318.jpg

The right (or should that be left :p) thing to do is expand to calling everyone a bogan, so as to not hurt anyones feelings :D.

Back