Glendenning or St Marys

Well, its comparing apples and oranges. But, just to put things into perspective, here are the details:

Glendenning property is a BV freestanding house on 418 sqm built in 2005.
Potential rent 430pw.
It is a good condition and been on market for 20+ days.

St Marys property is clad freestanding house on 1100 sqm, 50+ years old, but renovated a bit 5 years ago.
Potential rent 350-370pw.
It has 2b zoning.It is 2 km from station and 1 km from st mary's south public school.
It is on a busy street and has been on the market since more than 4 months now. I am not sure why. I haven't personally inspected, but will tomorrow.

They are both similarly priced. Based on the info above, which one would you go for?

Last edited:
St Marys property is clad freestanding house on 1100 sqm, 50+ years old, but renovated a bit 5 years ago.
Potential rent 350-370pw.
It has 2b zoning.It is 2 km from station and 1 km from st mary's south public school.
It is on a busy street and has been on the market since more than 4 months now. I am not sure why. I haven't personally inspected, but will tomorrow.

I assume it is North St Marys? 2b zoning means second dwelling needs to be attached. unless you opt for a granny flat. 1100sqm is 50sqm short of a torrents title subdivision. Which way does the land slope, any easements?

What are you going to do with all the extra land? Bit of overkill for the granny flat. Is the extra land reflected in the price? If it is, not sure how you will make your money back on it.

St Marys station will likely be extended to the new airport, however that isn't in the foreseeable future (20+ years at least).

What are your options for manufacturing growth on the Glendenning property?

It's for investment. I don't have anything to manufacture growth in the glendenning property. The st Mary's is in south and land slopes towards back and slopes a lot.

It's for investment. I don't have anything to manufacture growth in the glendenning property. The st Mary's is in south and land slopes towards back and slopes a lot.

Neither sounds like a great buy to me.

You can put a dispersion tank on the St Marys place within 3m of the back boundary to build a granny flat and avoid needing an easement. Is it $400k+? Not worth it IMO.

I was thinking on same lines as well, when I slept on it. They both are 460K+.
Addresses were - 27, Glenview grove in glendenning and 248 carpenter street, st Marys

I would initially say the house in St Marys because you do get a lot more land and I think Glendenning is a bit overpriced at the moment. However, if a second dwelling needs to be attached all you could do is knock down the existing property and build a duplex but they would have massive backyards which is a waste of land. You can get some pretty big granny flats that look as nice as houses so you could always put one of those in but considering the building restrictions I don't think you will get your money's worth. I think there are better bargains out there.

Glendenning has huge potential. 2kms to new Costco, Bunnings & IKEA.
It is also in the vicinity to Business Park. Excellent demographics and a decent schools.

Back