Goal setting?? January is just Around the Corner!

With January just around the corner I thought it would be a great idea to see how other people 'set goals'? I have discovered recently that actually writing goals down REALLY DOES help. (I know, I know but I am a slow learner :rolleyes: )

I have attached a little spreadsheet that I am using to set measurable and achievable goals (some only just achievable!) as I find this does take a lot of the stress out of trying to decide the way forward.

I hope others may find it useful.

Notes for use:
1. Just add your birth year and the first year of the plan at the top-left on the main page and it should create all the other dates automatically.
2. Add your name to the top. (keep updating which version you have if you want)
3. The first page is an overview of you future life! - I add things like: IP purchasing, holidays, kids, school, uni, 'financially free', courses etc etc. These then relate to a yearly tab. The thing row along the bottom I colour to show different periods of my life… For me it is jobs/contracts etc
4. Use the individual year pages to add 12 things you are going to achieve that year in each category. As the title says "Be specific, quantifiable, measurable and MUST HURT A BIT".

Feel free to edit it how you wish but I hope this may help those that want to write something down but don’t really have a template.

Something to think about over the Christmas break…

Regards,

DaveJ

Attachments

• Life Plan.zip
    9.5 KB · Views: 199
Thanks Dave!
I am thinking the same as you....sit down with the newly married Missus early Jan and do the above
Will use your spreadsheet -cheers mate!

Sam

Back