Good bye day job

From the above it seems you have decided to go from a dual income household to a single income household - which is quite common.

I'm sure it is different from that but it does not seem the total jump of live of property income.

That's a good point. I guess WM's family has the safety net of the hubby's income to fall back on. The income can still be used as servicability for the financing.

Not as risky as the single bread winner retiring from job/business for the family to live off property investment.

Well done - it is what we all do it for.

From the above it seems you have decided to go from a dual income household to a single income household - which is quite common.

I'm sure it is different from that but it does not seem the total jump of live of property income.

That's a good point. I guess WM's family has the safety net of the hubby's income to fall back on. The income can still be used as servicability for the financing.

Not as risky as the single bread winner retiring from job/business for the family to live off property investment.

I just had a little moment in my head where I wondered if you would say the same thing to a male but I let it go.

Both comments are true with the added bonus we hope of not having to sacrifice living off half the wages.

I am fiercely independant when it comes to money so I want to pay my own way rather than live off DH's income.

Unfortunately DH's income is practically in the too hard basket when it comes to finance.

I'm going to try and get one more project over the line financewise before I leave then I'll go through a finance drought for awhile until projects finish and I can prove servicability.

I just had a little moment in my head where I wondered if you would say the same thing to a male but I let it go.

I am fiercely independant when it comes to money so I want to pay my own way rather than live off DH's income.

Well done on retiring from 9-5 work :)

I really enjoy the threads about your developments.

I am also very financially independent from my husband. I think it's a good way to be. Totally related to your comments above.

What a great position to be in - well done!

Well done - it is what we all do it for.

Hi Tonibell

Its nothing like going from dual income to single income, what you posted is a totally different scenario and not what WM has achieved.

WM through property developments etc. now generates an income stream/profits from her ongoing developments, therefore no longer needing that secure day job. Many families I am sure go from dual to single income, however, to create another income stream via property is the difference. Not to mention the fact that she will now be able to continue to grow that income stream.

Cheers
MTR

Last edited:

Both comments are true with the added bonus we hope of not having to sacrifice living off half the wages.

Don't get me wrong WM, I didn't mean to sound negative. I think it is a great achievement that you have built yourself up to a position where you can quit your day job and pursue your passion.

Some families are fortunate enough to be in a position where one of the partners, whether male or female, can make the trade-off and spend more time at home with the family. I often quip with my missus that I would happily swap roles with her and I'll stay home and spend more time with the kids. My goal with property investments is for us to be both in a position where neither of us are constrained by work, and can spend whatever time we want to nurture and grow the family.

Last edited:
retireddontwantto.jpg

Congratulations :D

Working people frequently ask retired folks what they do to make their days interesting...

I went to the shops the other day. I was in there for only about five minutes. When I came out there was a parking inspector writing out a parking ticket.
I went up to him and said, "Come on, buddy, how about giving a retired person a break?"

He ignored me and continued writing the ticket.

I called him a name. He glared at me and started writing another ticket for having worn tires.

So I called him a worse name. He finished the second ticket and put it on the windshield with the first.

Then he started writing a third ticket.

This went on for about 20 minutes. The more I abused him the more tickets he wrote.

I didn't care. My car was parked around the corner.

I try to have a little fun each day now that I'm retired.

Hi Tonibell

Its nothing like going from dual income to single income, what you posted is a totally different scenario and not what WM has achieved.

WM through property developments etc. now generates an income stream/profits from her ongoing developments, therefore no longer needing that secure day job. Many families I am sure go from dual to single income, however, to create another income stream via property is the difference. Not to mention the fact that she will now be able to continue to grow that income stream.

Cheers
MTR

It is fantastic achievement - no doubt about that.

As we are just trying to stop properties bleeding us dry - so can definitely appreciate how difficult it is to achieve.

I was really just seeking clarification of the dual/single income issue as it was not 100% clear.

Well done Westminster ... Very impressive.

You do realise that you probably won't slow down at all. Driven people never do.

Good luck to you

Mystery ... :D

Congratulations myf well earnt.

So now you will have alot more time to take others ( me :D ) following a similar path, under your wing?

Cheers

Back