Good Location but high crime or Woop Woop?

Are they worth the same amount?
'Good Location' according to who?
Which matches your overall investment strategy?

Wondering what you would choose. High Crime Good Location or are in Woop Woop for an investment property?

You will have to be more specific mate

But if it makes u feel any better I have 2 properties that are in areas that have both in the middle of woop woop and I will bet my woop woop beats yours and with a high crime rate!

You will have to be more specific mate

But if it makes u feel any better I have 2 properties that are in areas that have both in the middle of woop woop and I will bet my woop woop beats yours and with a high crime rate!

How is tenant creek going at the moment?
Any talk of new phosphate mining?

How is tenant creek going at the moment?
Any talk of new phosphate mining?

Hey Ben

To be honest I don't know! We moved from there about 6 months ago! From everything I hear it is all same same as before.
With mines though they will just FIFO is my thoughts as there isn't enough accomodation there to handle any influx of people!
I really like tennant creek it is one of these places that never gets talked about for the positives or the negatives! Like it doesn't exist when you are not there..... Strange and hard to explain!
Hope all is well

in theory, assuming all other factors equal, I would go with the good location one ...

good ol' adage ... location location location

Definitely high crime (crime areas change drastically every 5 years with socioeconomic change) and ++ location.

Would only buy woop woop if had no other option. And a good idea - such as redevelopment.

If you are talking big cities, then there are plenty of examples for high crime rate over the further out location. Unless the far location turns into development, then it's case by case.

When I talk about good location, I'm referring to more great locations. Places like Richmond, Port Melbourne, South Melbourne and Williamstown were all high crime etc. some time ago, and are all almost untouchable for the average single wage pricewise today.

I'm not from Sydney, but Redfern is my obvious example there. Cases can be made for all 5 km suburbs and up to 10 kms in Melbourne and Sydney, probably further out in Sydney. Not too sure about the rest of the capitals for distance.

So if it's long term hold and it's inner ring suburbs in the capitals, and you have the budget and can hold at least 10 years, I would say the high crime location.

Back