Good place to buy in Brisbane

Hi all
Looking to move to Brisbane and after a few ideas on same good areas to start looking. our budget will be around $750 000 we are a young family with two children girl age 7 boy aged 4. after a location which has a peacefull setting good public and private schools and a good friendly vibe.
Any ideas would be appricated.
Thanks.
:)

I am a fan of Norman Park - Bulimba Area. Great area, your price range will be a bit restrictive in that area though. Great schools and heaps of young families.

Why not look into algester with that sort of change you can but two houses outright. It's a nice green middle class professional suburb

Why not look into algester with that sort of change you can but two houses outright. It's a nice green middle class professional suburb

Algester Primary is a great public school. St Thomas Moore is a good high school. I did notice some people in the area were going to MacGregor High school. Easy bus trip as the area has a great bus system. Parkinson is nice too.

This is a nice spot, good price. (took the kids trickortreating there last year :) ) Just need to retile one bathroom. http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-qld-parkinson-114934743

Last edited:
Depends on what you want re life style . I'd drive around and check places out .

As well as the central areas , north , south , check out the bay. Being from sydney they may resonate with you .

Manly / wynnum , Sandgate / Brighton and maybe even Redcliffe ... Though that's further away from city .

Not sure on private schools , but manly has a very popular public school .

Cliff

the northwest is a great spot too.

check out Bridgeman Downs and Albany Creek - you can buy a lot of house for that number and Bridgey in particular (and better parts of albany ck) is a great family suburb with heaps of good schools and amenities within a few mins drive.

Hi all
Looking to move to Brisbane and after a few ideas on same good areas to start looking. our budget will be around $750 000 we are a young family with two children girl age 7 boy aged 4. after a location which has a peacefull setting good public and private schools and a good friendly vibe.
Any ideas would be appricated.
Thanks.
:)
It depends whether north or south, east or west, but I find most people like to be close to their work and thus may live on the same side.
I do like Kenmore like you suggested, Chapel Hill, you have great surrounding suburbs, UNI, and St Peters Lutheran College. St Lucia is close, etc...
Also, if you are after land then perhaps Bridgeman Downs, McDowall area.
You should check council flood maps making sure the area you buy is not subject to flooding and the above areas don't.
Also, Ascot is nice but can be pricey.
On the south side West Gate is nice. Greenslopes offers potential for renovation and city views.
So if your priorities are good or private schools look at the surrounding suburbs, if you after the land then venture out further, and if you after the view then perhaps a smaller block, and if access to job is the priority than the surrounding suburbs there.....
It really all depends on your order of priority, right?
Good Luck though!

Back