Goods & Services that Have Risen in Price Due to The Carbon Tax

Pity they are broke, with 25% unemployment and 50% among the youth. High price for saving a bit of CO2. :eek:
Not a high price at all after the initial capital costs, Spain is saving a lot on fuel imports since they don't have much in the way of local carbon fuel resources. They are now major exporters and installers of wind farms.
The unemployment problem is completely unrelated, most caused by a property bubble collapse. Spain is one of the more innovative countries in Europe and will recover.

Not a high price at all after the initial capital costs, Spain is saving a lot on fuel imports since they don't have much in the way of local carbon fuel resources. They are now major exporters and installers of wind farms.
The unemployment problem is completely unrelated, most caused by a property bubble collapse. Spain is one of the more innovative countries in Europe and will recover.

Of course it's unrelated. Silly me!

In Spain on windy days the whole country is over 50% wind powered, the first country to achieve this.
Big difference between what might be and what is:
In March 31 this year, Red Electrica Espagna, which manages Spain's power grid, announced a milestone that should give Japanese leaders pause. That month wind energy was the single largest source of electric power in Spain, overtaking conventional thermoelectric and nuclear power.

According to REE figures, the breakdown of Spain's electricity supply in March 2011 was as follows: wind 21%, nuclear 19%, hydroelectric 17.3%, coal 12.9%, and solar 2.6%, with the remainder divided among combined-cycle generation, cogeneration, and others. Together, renewable technologies accounted for more than 40% of Spain's power output.

My strata fees in an apartment complex where I own an IP have increased by $75 per quarter as a direct result of the Carbon Tax, due to the communal lighting and communal gas, the Strata Manager has also noted that we also expect another significant increase next year after all the suppliers, contractors etc we use during the year to re-access their pricing & position.

Strata fees are decided on and set by the owners at the AGM. Did you go? Did you vote for an increase?
Strata mangers don't just "decide" to increase fees.

Sounds dodgy to me.

Strata fees are decided on and set by the owners at the AGM. Did you go? Did you vote for an increase?
Strata mangers don't just "decide" to increase fees.

Sounds dodgy to me.

I went to the AGM, nothing dodgy at all, unfortunately the bills have to be paid, so the strata fees are set so you can afford to pay the bills for the following 12 months.

Big difference between what might be and what is:

....hi Sunfish....you're spoiling the illusion they are trying to paint.

The objective is to try and put a positive spin on everything.....regardless of cost.

Last edited:
I have seen some accountancy firms have put their hourly rates up 20 percent effective 1 July. Accountants must be very carbon intensive

I am looking forward to an inflationary surge in September CPI. I could use a little inflation around now.

PS Brisbane City Council say on my rates notice that they are going up by 1.9 percent on average.

Pity they are broke, with 25% unemployment and 50% among the youth. High price for saving a bit of CO2. :eek:

Correct.

And the biggest laugh is that CO2 has no effect on anything in relation to Global Warming/Change/Whatever the new Term they Dream up Is.

I'll say it again; CO2 is a result of any warming - not the cause - and it's been estimated that the saving on temp rises from the CT will be in the order of...................1/4000th of a degree..........maybe.

I'll say it again; it's been estimated that the saving on temp rises from the CT will be in the order of...................1/4000th of a degree..........maybe.

Hi Marc,

The majority of the Aussie population have heard this loud and clear now.

The wild claims of disaster at our doorstep by the loony left have now been dismissed by most sane and reasonable folk out there.

The majority get it.

So all the countries that have had, have now or will have a carbon Tax are left wing loonies? There are 850 million people living under a CT now. Think you guys are getting a :rolleyes:bit excited again

By the way, guess who said this:

"Exactly right. Even if they were trying to give it all back to you, there would still be the deadweight costs, all the extra bureaucrats. See, one of the things that people haven’t quite twigged to is that carbon dioxide is invisible, it’s weightless and it’s odourless. How are we going to police these emissions…"

Hi Marc,

The majority of the Aussie population have heard this loud and clear now.

The wild claims of disaster at our doorstep by the loony left have now been dismissed by most sane and reasonable folk out there.

The majority get it.

My electrickery, supplied by Dodo, is going up a massive 51% on the supply charge and 43% on the usage charge. The ACCC has been notified and I am switching supplier. Keep this up Dodo and you'll go the way of your namesake!

Correct.

And the biggest laugh is that CO2 has no effect on anything in relation to Global Warming/Change/Whatever the new Term they Dream up Is.

I'll say it again; CO2 is a result of any warming - not the cause - and it's been estimated that the saving on temp rises from the CT will be in the order of...................1/4000th of a degree..........maybe.

Your overwhelming evidence has convinced me. Now you just have to convince the Liberal Party, who the majority of Australians support to reduce our emissions by 5% by 2020, which is of course the same as the current target.

With both major parties supporting the same emission reduction target, I think that speaks volumes about what the majority want... You look to have a big job in front of you!

Tony has a thing called direct action or something. Which involves plating 1 billion trees, which has been costed independently at larger than the $70 billion black hole he already has in his policy funding. Or lack of.

Your overwhelming evidence has convinced me. Now you just have to convince the Liberal Party, who the majority of Australians support to reduce our emissions by 5% by 2020, which is of course the same as the current target.

With both major parties supporting the same emission reduction target, I think that speaks volumes about what the majority want... You look to have a big job in front of you!

Back