Google street view

Ha! I think the same thing happened at my shop Geoff. Didn't expect it to be there as it's about 20m back from the road in the car park, but just as the camera goes past it turns into the carpark right in front of my shop just on one frame, then reverts back to the street again. Can even see the reflection of the camera car in the window.
I was quite lucky actually.

If it had turned off a little to the left, my car would have been run over.

Car_Park.JPG

This must have been on a weekend, as this is pay parking during the week, and I'm to cheap to park there then :)

Well it is tops... could spend hours on it... my parents will be upset there is some white piece of rubbish on their perfectly manicured lawns! My house is merely a driveway into the bush, can't even see a roof or anything (even though it is visable from the road)... the house must have hidden when they drove past!

Check out my brothers house in Austinmer and it looks like the photo was taken years ago as the front yard was bare back then whereas now it is fully bushed out.

I live in a court and it doesn't cover the court at all, just the main road going along the front. All you can see of my house is the front safety rail!!!

My son's house at Beaufort, Victoria is clearly visible and has definitely been taken this year as his new car purchased in January is in the driveway :D

Chris

Features soon to be added:

a) Reverse phone directory: click on any house in Australia, and find out the name of the occupants, and the telephone number. Of course, all of this information is already available, Google is just making it easier to find. Also a "Skype" plugin will allow you to make a call to that person free, from your web browser.

b) Demographic information - age and sex of all occupants. Marital status. How old is that young girl living across the street? Soon you can find out easily on Google.

These two may contravene our privacy laws and may not be available in Australia.

There used to be a great reverse phone directory available here, but it was shut down due to privacy laws in 2001.

^^

I know!

I can't wait for the 24/7 google street view video version, my neighbour has some HOT daughters, and I don't mind the face blurrs, as they really do have butter faces anyway.

What's wrong with hiding in the bushes and peeping through the bedroom window like other perverts?

I haven't been so amazed at technology since I was shown one of the first fax machines in the late 70's. I can't believe how comprehensive it is, there is miles of forest roads where there is nothing to see but trees and sky, but they have still covered them. Amazing.

However I checked the U.K. yesterday and the street view option disappears. Is this because of privacy laws there or is it just Google haven't finished there yet?

Oh and I was suspicious of the burning car, thought it might be a photoshop hoax so I tracked it down and here it is.

Cheers,
Beef.

Don't know if it's me or Google, but some addresses including mine, zoom straight to a neighbouring house first, or inbetween houses, then show that written address (above pic) regardless of where you view.

Why would the written address not change according to the house viewed :confused:?

Hi all

I just googles my house, it must have been months ago as the spare cars aren't in the drive. My cleaner is hard at work so that means it was a Thursday..............:D

The photos are so old, I do not understand the privacy thing.

Has anyone been able to look into back yards....that would be interesting...:D
Oh. no that's the privacy thing right....heheheh:eek::D would be fun tho. :rolleyes:

The Australian Phone Disc was great. I still have the 2003 version and use it regularly. Telstra took the company to court as it was a breach of copyright.

http://www.firstpr.com.au/issues/tm/smh-2003-12-29.html

No that's not the one I was talking about - never heard of that one before. I used to use one that I found on Google that was called the grey pages or something. It was shut down I think about 2 years ago. I thought it was because of privacy reasons but it could have been something to do with Telstra as well.

hi all
anyone found out how to grid reference and copy as a link.
so instead of finding the area and the zooming in then looking
you can just link and send the link.
why is this important
great for marketing as people can see whats around.
just me can't do it but will find a way
oh and as for the buttery faces I did find it funny
but I think that there seems to be alot more but into that type of thought then really should be.
as these are usually old photos and if you wanted that you would go to site yourself and you can't protect every thing from everyone( the americans have tried that and look at their everyone has the right to bare arms).
I like what google if doing as it is a very good resource to look at an area and get a feel of its size and whats there

My parents house has it's rollers doors up and I see my father in the garage.

My father's always in the garage too :D.

This is so good. Still can't get my house number and house to coinside though, no matter how much I try.

Hope a hit man going after my neighbour doesn't go by this ;).

hi all
anyone found out how to grid reference and copy as a link.
so instead of finding the area and the zooming in then looking
you can just link and send the link.

Gday Grossreal,

If you look at my post above you wil se I have provided a link.
Just click on the link button and copy the link reference, it will open up with exactly the same view you are looking at, doesn't matter if it's sat view, terrain whatever. See piccie for explanation. Yes very useful and great fun.

Cheers,
Beef.

howtolink.jpg

Back