Grand Designs Australia

Just finished watching Grand Designs series 3.

After watching all 3 series..... I do think I prefer Kevin over Peter.

There are some nice designs but I struggle to see the $1M + price tags of some of them. Also.....REALLY have these people never built before? I am constantly amazed by the lack of any understanding of any building process.

Surely if you are in the position the be building a $1M+ house, you would have at some stage either built or at least done a descent sized reno (even replaced a kitchen in your swanky Sydney terrace)

Just started watching and again disappointed. I find Peter just negative - nothing like Kevin's dry wit and twinkling humour ... but ... more importantly ... because of regs in this country you don't get the owners muck ups, or total self builds with nothing more than a chainsaw and tractor.

The builds themselves are also nowhere near as intersting - no restored 600yr old castle wrecks, water towers, pumping stations or 4m wide mid-city terraces.

I'll keep plugging on ... does make me think my build (that we are no longer going ahead with) would've been right up there ... and definately NOT cost $1mil+ as we would have done a lot of the finishing ourselves, or directly contracted it out.

Back