Had a bit of road rage this morning..

And if thats coming from a guy who nearly beat up some random stranger in a car this morning then maybe you should be even more thoughtful about it.

Just sayin'
Thank you.
If you lose the plot that quickly then listen to what the smart people who see it from several different levels have said,because a person like yourself with ring-craft skills in few split seconds of rage may well do something that you will pay in time..try walking each day after i5 minutes all the problems are left behind..

Quite a few yearas ago I received l a telephone call from a female polce officer. We are outside your mother's unit. She is having a psychotic attack (she'd had quite a few of these)...she's been on the balcony for last 2 hours shouting at the world. Can you get over here quickly? I had thoughts of that mentally ill guy shot by police on Bondi Beach. I drove very quickly. Got there just as police were about to enter her unit, one with hand on her gun holster. When I called out my mother let me into the unit then slammed the door shut on the police officers. Freaked them out. Didn't concern me though as I knew it would be ok from then on.

Sometimes (very rarely) you need to drive quickly.

Did you give people the finger as you overtook them on your way there?

Thanks Jaycee!

Your positive backing has given me renewed empowerment. Sometimes people have to near the end of their rope to make the decision to change for the better.

I think it took guts to post this up Investor, been some useful advice and opinions posted, of benefit to many of us. We all get (can get) angry at life/people/situations/stuff, nothing wrong with anger the emotion at all, it's a part of (our) human nature, but what we then do or perhaps act can cause some of us problems. Coasty gave some good tips...maybe also you might recognise the stirrings of the anger begin to build, instead of the volcano affect being let occur, try and kick in with recognising a situation where you might feel yourself 'triggering off'-recognise it at an earlier stage and kick in with (for example), Coasty's tips. Stuff like 'yeah, that driver did a stupid thing, no need for it, now I am getting angry at them, but why the hell give them power over my emotions?' Anger (especially repetitive anger), can cause your body to release certain hormones, (ya know the fight/flight gear right?), and it actually damages your body over time...kick in with something really fun, kicking thefooty with your kids, images of your honeymoon, little dancing garden gnomes, a naked Edna Everage), basically you then train yourself to regain your own power over you, life, events and how you react to them, there is nothing 'wrong' with anger, but it's how we deal with it....boxing or activities to just 'vent' is great too, fun and a chance for you to say, keep fit and vent...I had a dad and stepdad that used to go off their tits at most ridiculous things, so our role modelling can not only come from our immediate family, but we are also (as parents) setting a role model for our own sons and daughters too don't forget.

Hope itgoes well mate.

I know exactly where you're coming from. I've had a few vents in the last few days to people I know I can trust ... although not aggressive, I do think horrible thoughts about the person that riles me up. Like hoping they have a car accident and such - not that I'd do anything to cause it.

It is great having someone to rant at to get it off your chest. Usually after the rant you can see the situation much clearer than when your emotions are just swirling around, feeding on themselves, internally.

Not that it helps much but I used to be exactly like you on the roads. If I was cut off I'd tail gate. If someone was to slow I'd flash my lights at them. I sped ... I was a real bugger of a driver.

I think a lot of it stemmed from being a misunderstood child. I was very much loved, but was wired differently so found social nuances/making friends difficult. Didn't cope with high school as found formal learning very diffcult (excelled in art/english - bombed in maths/science). Was very frustrated and I didn't have the coping skills.

Also married into a emotionally abusive relationship at a very early age which meant I had to have another outlet for my frustration that wasn't my (now) ex.

Anyhow - it wasn't until I found my own belief in karma, the universe, law of attraction, self-responsibility and self-acceptance, that I was able to let the frustration go.

Now if someone road rages me I just think "****head" or "hope they get booked" and let it go. I am also internally grateful when something good happens like someone letting me in (give a wave), get a green traffic light or easy parking space.

Doesn't mean you can cross me. Some idiot took offence at me rolling my eyes when he took fooooooooorever to cross the road (not at a crossing). He gave me a mouthful and tried to take my keys thru my open window. A sharp fist sent him on his way.

Last edited:
Either you have a really short fuse or there is something else wrong.
Be it stress at work, family, financial etc. How long since you had a holiday were you didn't work/renovate?

I'm pretty easy going myself but 8 months ago I had to acknowledge that I had reached the end of my patience for the 3 guys I was constantly fixing jobs they had stuffed up. I started to blow my stack at work and that bled into my personal life.
New job and now when I look back at it I realise how tense/burnt out I had become.

Hmmm. It's possible I'm sick of work, thats for sure, I think everyone is! :D
I can also see how I came across in the beginning of this thread, just reading Lizzie's response. From just reading that I get this picture of a crabby middle aged woman that I don't think much of, but in reality, she is probably very much like myself with some frustration problems that have stuck around for one reason or another. I'm sure she could write a nice story about how she saved a dog from a burning house and I'd see her in a totally diffrerent, heroic light. I'd probably meet Lizzie and think something completely different yet again.

I have holidays booked in Phuket with my Wife and another couple we are friends with in 4 weeks. We both really need a break, not that the problem only stems from a flat chat lifestyle but it certainly doesn't help much.

I think a part of the reason I did what I did this morning was because I saw the story of Anvil last night and I was thinking about how happy that guy ALWAYS looks. He looks like he's just buzzing on life, all the time. And thats when I was in a nice calm mood (I'm much the same as the guy I refer to, always laughing and having a good time) and then I got really angry at the guy who sped past for wrecking the moment. Although I'm on the road to change beginning today, with thanks to you guys.

My Family life is excellent. I have a great home, great wife, great anaimals, so I believe this stems from the past, especially because I've just taken up something from that past, subconcious memories may be inherited with that.

My work is just average, but many peoples work is. Thats why I invest heavily.

All in all, I love my life and am living the way I want to and am looking forward to taking on this

Posting here itself shows your sincerity. We all have different personalities and yours is perfectly understandable. Most people would just sleep over it and not have the guts to post it and risk facing ridicule.

I also have a low fuse threshold at times. In the past I have over-reacted to some situations and been slow to react on others. Having realized this, I now try and give myself time before I react and try to think before I react.

Always remember, your anger will only hurt you the most. And not reacting in such situations is not a sign of weakness but a sign of maturity.

Hi Investor,

Took a bit of nerve to post this, you seem to have arrived at a point in your life where you are becoming concerned about your anger. Like every problem, the starting point to fixing it is to recognise you have a problem :)

Apart from "counting to 10" before blowing up it could be that your diet is causing you to be edgy. In todays world all these caffeine drinks are getting so strong, not good if you are prone to too much testosterone already.

First few things I would try would be cutting back on caffeine, Coffee,Coke, Pepsi, Mother, Red Bull etc I would also go onto a multi vitamin tablet that has heaps of VitaminB group. Buy them at health food store and get a good strong one, Vitamin B is the mood balancing vitamins so you could well find that if you are feeling a bit less edgy you can count to 10 without blowing up.

Worth a try, what you save on caffeine fixes can pay for the vitamins, probably good for you :)

First step is the hardest, you are halfway to solving the issue already :)

Thanks Mate. It depends who you ask. I told another friend of mine today and he just laughed so just goes to show how different people think that different things are unacceptable.

Anyhow, I'M sick of it so it's time to go.
In regard to diet, I've been eating fruit for b/fast, salad for lunch, grilled chicken breast and veggies for dinner, starting to get back into shape again.
I occasionally have a coffe but thats about it. Oh, and I drink Coke Zero regularly.. But if thats my only habit then things aren't so bad.

wow

Anger issues? Come on. You got a bit upset and then stopped just when it was going to get a bit dangerous. That's what people with common sense do, they can stop!

From what I've read he has no issues! Just a bit of excitement and surge of testosterone at the right time :) I get pissed off at people all the time and it doesn't mean I'm going to kill someone.

You now what will calm you down a bit? Lots of sparring! ;)

LOL @ people giving diet advice!

Anger issues? Come on. You got a bit upset and then stopped just when it was going to get a bit dangerous. That's what people with common sense do, they can stop!

From what I've read he has no issues! Just a bit of excitement and surge of testosterone at the right time :) I get pissed off at people all the time and it doesn't mean I'm going to kill someone.

You now what will calm you down a bit? Lots of sparring! ;)

LOL @ people giving diet advice!

The guy feels he has a problem, maybe he udnerstands himslef better thaqn you do(n't) ?

Yes diet can affect your life - you should look it up sometime

I can also see how I came across in the beginning of this thread, just reading Lizzie's response. From just reading that I get this picture of a crabby middle aged woman that I don't think much of, but in reality, she is probably very much like myself with some frustration problems that have stuck around for one reason or another.

Haha - I am definately NOT a crabby middle aged woman. Don't look a day over 35 (wellllll - some 35's I know).

Usually I'm pretty chilled and happy ... just something happened over Christmas that set the grumps happening. However I wasn't always easy going and hoped the brief background shows how you can move on from your past but it has to come from acceptance of who you are, and can only come from within.

Also, doesn't help that I am seriously in holiday mode - but we have job, house, location uncertainty hanging over us which adds a bit of stress.

House open day tomorrow and Saturday. Hubby up for a package but not official so can still get pulled. New job probably interstate so can't start the TAFE advanced education I put off from last year (due to location uncertainty!)

Hey - I don't think you have an anger issue either. Just a moment of frustration.

Last edited:
just like on the way to work yesterday morning
i was getting to a cross road turning left so no stopping etc and a guy is walking across the other lane of the road and when i get there he continues to start walking across my lane, i have to slam the brakes on and stop while he proceeds to take ages to cross my lane whilie im sitting in the middle of the road waiting and he didnt seem to think anything of it...

now i could of ran him over and although he deserved it i couldnt be bothered wasting more time having to explain what happened, wait for the police and get blamed when he was in the wrong
times like those u need a paint gun n give them a few shots of that instead

just like on the way to work yesterday morning
i was getting to a cross road turning left so no stopping etc and a guy is walking across the other lane of the road and when i get there he continues to start walking across my lane, i have to slam the brakes on and stop while he proceeds to take ages to cross my lane whilie im sitting in the middle of the road waiting and he didnt seem to think anything of it...

now i could of ran him over and although he deserved it i couldnt be bothered wasting more time having to explain what happened, wait for the police and get blamed when he was in the wrong
times like those u need a paint gun n give them a few shots of that instead

ANyone ever kill anyone - cuase they deservbed it of course, maybe they wlaked in front of you pnthe street cutting myou off , or took aages in teh queue at the supermarket - bloody idiots

Seriously I believe we all talk too much sheet on forums a lot of the time
we gtet too carried away with the mood of the moment and try to come across as cool athat we forget what we're saying... YOu sure he didn;t deserve to be shot, not only would that stop him ever being that stupid ever again, but it could wake others up too.

can you please use spell check... i really cant understand a word your saying

and yes he deserved it who in there right mind would walk out infront of a car, he even looked at me and then continued to walk infront.
if i had an older car with poor brakes i would of actually hit him

can you please use spell check... i really cant understand a word your saying

and yes he deserved it who in there right mind would walk out in front of a car, he even looked at me and then continued to walk infront.
if i had an older car with poor brakes i would of actually hit him

Sounds like you worked out what I said just fine, but yeah no worries, I apologise for the typo's...

For me personally, the words HE DESERVED sound a bit... never mind, maybe there's just something wrong with me.. I think the idea of hurting people to teach them a lessopn is a bit... yeah never mind

Back